Page 4 of 11 FirstFirst ... 234569 ... LastLast

Thread: Getting caught for photography, by Police

Default Re: Getting caught for photography, by Police

haha. that is so bias and..

So..... You see many people with DSLRs taking fireworks or let's say the F1 motorboat race. Is the police gonna disperse everyone? Since everywhere you point, there is a building in sight.

How can you expect Esplanade to be a landmark recognisable by people all around the globe if no photo taking (by locals???!!) are allowed?

Quote Originally Posted by redstone

How can you expect Esplanade to be a landmark recognisable by people all around the globe if no photo taking (by locals???!!) are allowed?
    Well, they do allow photo- taking (to the tourists). Try gng there with blonde hair and slang abit. Maybe can get past.

Imagine:

"I want Esplanade to be a world famous landmark. I want it to be showcased in movies, tourism promotion ads, magazines"

"I don't want people to take photos of my building"

Ironic eh?

I always carry a permit to take photos of buildings.

The Permit is printed from my Epson printer and signed by me.

So far have no problem with the security guards. Maybe they haven't seen a real permit before?

Quote Originally Posted by Sion
    I always carry a permit to take photos of buildings.

The Permit is printed from my Epson printer and signed by me.

So far have no problem with the security guards. Maybe they haven't seen a real permit before?

Ehhh...
    Send me the template?

I also wan to print 1..

Do we actually need a permit to shoot a building from public grounds?

Well i was stop twice when shooting at artist filming "SHOOT 2" in jurong point and compass point. One by sercuity abd one by the mediacrop guy. Saying i m not suppose to shoot at the artist with big camera. PNS can. What the H**K?????????

Quote Originally Posted by AReality
    Ehhh...
    Send me the template?

I also wan to print 1..

It goes something like this:

To all guardians and protectors of security of public and private buildings,

I, the supreme governor of visual betterment of all lands, request all those whom it may concern to allow the bearer to shoot freely without let or hindrance and to afford him or her the best photographic vantage point and the peace he or she needs to compose his or her shots or to use his or her camera on a tripod if lighting conditions warrant it.

Signature

Good luck!

MUAHHAHAHAHHAHAHAHahhahahahahhahahha

Quote Originally Posted by speedblade
    ahahahahaha!!

hi tune! shoot first, talk later.
    Hi WC!

Quote Originally Posted by Sion
    It goes something like this:

To all guardians and protectors of security of public and private buildings,

I, the supreme governor of visual betterment of all lands, request all those whom it may concern to allow the bearer to shoot freely without let or hindrance and to afford him or her the best photographic vantage point and the peace he or she needs to compose his or her shots or to use his or her camera on a tripod if lighting conditions warrant it.

Signature

Good luck!
    Wahahahaha, thats a nice one. What did you sign huh? Pretend to be the supreme governor and anyhow sign a name? Its really nice, but what happens if kena caught huh? Can the guard call the police?

Quote Originally Posted by funkydonkey
    Liked your portfolio...cool pics. What equipment do u use? looks like ur a drummer too. I play too
    Hey thanks! My equipment list is in my about page. But what gave you the impression that I play the drums btw? hehehe... I can only strum the guitar...

And thanks to Mr Sion for the lovely letter. I am going to send it to the National Heroes right away...

i was shooting some friends outside national library a few days back. this security officer walked over and i thought he was going to chase us away. then he tell me..upstairs 5th floor got nice garden. you all can go there and shoot also..

Quote Originally Posted by Reno
    think those security abusing their authority... but you have very nice photos...!! very nice...
    Thanks boss! Cheers! I dont think they were abusing their authority. I believe they didnt knew what they were doing in the first place. So the best method they applied was to confuse people since they convice anyone.

Quote Originally Posted by neves_atk
    Conclusions:

1. He probably think i am able to catch the building's reflection off the water surface.

2. Infrigement of building IP can only occur when you are using a DSLR. PnS is okie.

3. The probability of a person being a terrorist is higher when that person is a local.

4. Terrorist will only use high resolution images, and of couse without the handshakes and direct flash. An improvement from the "Blair Witch Project" styled Yishun MRT video footage.

5. Singapore policemen, in general, are very helpful.

hahahahaah this made me LOL quite loudly

My dear frens.. read tru some of ur post here. Jus wanna lets u guys noe that the cops out there have no rights to confiscate our cam, flim etc. They can only keep a record of our particulars. Neither do some security guards have the power to ask us to delete away the fotos, we can refuse if the security insist. call the Police if they wants. jus for ur Fyi.

Quote Originally Posted by bend geez
    Neither do some security guards have the power to ask us to delete away the fotos, we can refuse if the security insist. call the Police if they wants. jus for ur Fyi.
    If they threaten to call the police, whip out your mobile and dial 999 yourself.

Incident 1
    I went to Potong Pasir during election period to shoot excited faces and crowd. When leaving, i saw this TP bike parked along the road that i thought looked quite athoritative and decided to shoot it. Two blue uniformed policemen nearby asked me why i am shooting it, whether I am from the press etc, and as usual took my particulars from my IC. Some time after election, i received a fine for illegal parking opposite potong pasir, no summon slip was placed on my windscreen during that night.

Incident 2
    I was involved in an industrial building project at Changi North industrial area some time ago, and i went there to take photos of the building recently. I was shooting from across the road at a bus stop, and the security guard called me over to ask why i'm taking photos. I explained to him and he asked for my name card.

Incident 3
    I was involved in Springleaf Tower building project, and recently, i went to shoot the building. While shooting from across the road, the security guard waived at me signalling no photography allowed.

Maybe I'll try my luck one of these days and tell those security guard that I'm not obliged to answer their question as I'm on a public road, and they should call the police if they want to question me. Some tourist carry SLRs and shoot our buildings as well.

vince123123
    Guests

You don't have to try your luck, these are your legal rights to begin with.

Quote Originally Posted by PnS
    Incident 1
    I went to Potong Pasir during election period to shoot excited faces and crowd. When leaving, i saw this TP bike parked along the road that i thought looked quite athoritative and decided to shoot it. Two blue uniformed policemen nearby asked me why i am shooting it, whether I am from the press etc, and as usual took my particulars from my IC. Some time after election, i received a fine for illegal parking opposite potong pasir, no summon slip was placed on my windscreen during that night.

Incident 2
    I was involved in an industrial building project at Changi North industrial area some time ago, and i went there to take photos of the building recently. I was shooting from across the road at a bus stop, and the security guard called me over to ask why i'm taking photos. I explained to him and he asked for my name card.

Incident 3
    I was involved in Springleaf Tower building project, and recently, i went to shoot the building. While shooting from across the road, the security guard waived at me signalling no photography allowed.

Maybe I'll try my luck one of these days and tell those security guard that I'm not obliged to answer their question as I'm on a public road, and they should call the police if they want to question me. Some tourist carry SLRs and shoot our buildings as well.

Page 4 of 11 FirstFirst ... 234569 ... LastLast