Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 20 of 34

Thread: Singapore Dragon Boat Festival 2006

  1. #1

    Default Singapore Dragon Boat Festival 2006

    The Singapore Dragon Boat Association will be organising the Singapore Dragon Boat Festival 2006 at the Bedok Reservoir on 1 and 2 July 2006.


    Anyone going? Is it 2nd day only starts at 3.45pm? From the itenary, all the slots before this timing are all empty..
    Last edited by jeryltan; 30th June 2006 at 11:54 AM.

  2. #2
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Location
    sewage drain/manhole
    Posts
    5,011

    Default Re: Singapore Dragon Boat Festival 2006

    Quote Originally Posted by jeryltan
    The Singapore Dragon Boat Association will be organising the Singapore Dragon Boat Festival 2006 at the Bedok Reservoir on 1 and 2 July 2006.


    Anyone going? Is it 2nd day only starts at 3.45pm? From the itenary, all the slots before this timing are all empty..

    You might need to have bigma.

  3. #3

    Default Re: Singapore Dragon Boat Festival 2006

    420mm f/4 still not enough?

    If not, I use my D200, you Lend me your 500mm f/4 I slap on a 1.4x TC to make it 700mm f/5.6 Sure enough..

    Quote Originally Posted by longkangman
    You might need to have bigma.
    Last edited by jeryltan; 30th June 2006 at 12:41 PM.

  4. #4

    Default Re: Singapore Dragon Boat Festival 2006

    Races on both days will start on 10 am and end approximately 6 pm.
    Highlights of the Sunday events include
    Event 23 National Championship (Men) Final, 20-Crew, 4.15 pm
    Event 24 National Championship (Women) Final, 10-Crew, 4.45 pm
    Event 26 1000 M "Prime Minster Challenge Trophy" (Women) Final, 20-Crew, 5.15 pm
    Event 27 1000 M "Prime Minster Challenge Trophy" (Men) Final, 20-Crew, 5.30 pm

  5. #5

    Default Re: Singapore Dragon Boat Festival 2006

    Tks for the info bro..

    Quote Originally Posted by zoomzoomzoom
    Races on both days will start on 10 am and end approximately 6 pm.
    Highlights of the Sunday events include
    Event 23 National Championship (Men) Final, 20-Crew, 4.15 pm
    Event 24 National Championship (Women) Final, 10-Crew, 4.45 pm
    Event 26 1000 M "Prime Minster Challenge Trophy" (Women) Final, 20-Crew, 5.15 pm
    Event 27 1000 M "Prime Minster Challenge Trophy" (Men) Final, 20-Crew, 5.30 pm

  6. #6

    Default Re: Singapore Dragon Boat Festival 2006

    No problem...I think this time will be even more challenging to take pictures as the previously two-horse fight between NTU and NUS in the "PM Challenge Cup" has been expanded to include SMU and SIM. And there will be a women's "PM Challenge Cup" too. Oh, and the carpark at the reservoir is likely to be full so u'll probably have to park elsewhere and walk on foot. I dunno how strict the traffic police/PUB/HDB/organizers will be if you park nearby at double yellow lines.

  7. #7

    Default Re: Singapore Dragon Boat Festival 2006

    Like very troublesome leh.. Read on the website I can park at Temasek Poly? Is it very far from there?

    Quote Originally Posted by zoomzoomzoom
    No problem...I think this time will be even more challenging to take pictures as the previously two-horse fight between NTU and NUS in the "PM Challenge Cup" has been expanded to include SMU and SIM. And there will be a women's "PM Challenge Cup" too. Oh, and the carpark at the reservoir is likely to be full so u'll probably have to park elsewhere and walk on foot. I dunno how strict the traffic police/PUB/HDB/organizers will be if you park nearby at double yellow lines.

  8. #8
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Mar 2002
    Location
    Astin Studio
    Posts
    4,736

    Default Re: Singapore Dragon Boat Festival 2006

    Quote Originally Posted by jeryltan
    Like very troublesome leh.. Read on the website I can park at Temasek Poly? Is it very far from there?
    There is a multi story carpark very near to the Bedok Reservoir, just remember to tear enough coupon lah, the warden very on one.

  9. #9

    Default Re: Singapore Dragon Boat Festival 2006

    Tks bro.. Will look out for it

    Quote Originally Posted by Astin
    There is a multi story carpark very near to the Bedok Reservoir, just remember to tear enough coupon lah, the warden very on one.

  10. #10

    Default Re: Singapore Dragon Boat Festival 2006

    Anyone else going?

  11. #11
    Member
    Join Date
    Mar 2003
    Location
    Tampines
    Posts
    376

    Default Re: Singapore Dragon Boat Festival 2006

    i'll be going tmr morning!

  12. #12

    Default Re: Singapore Dragon Boat Festival 2006

    What time you be there and where will you be bro?

    Quote Originally Posted by justin85
    i'll be going tmr morning!

  13. #13
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Location
    sewage drain/manhole
    Posts
    5,011

    Default Re: Singapore Dragon Boat Festival 2006

    Quote Originally Posted by jeryltan
    420mm f/4 still not enough?

    If not, I use my D200, you Lend me your 500mm f/4 I slap on a 1.4x TC to make it 700mm f/5.6 Sure enough..

    No need just go nearer.

  14. #14

    Default Re: Singapore Dragon Boat Festival 2006

    If can wake up will go in the morning tomolo, if not will catch the 3 pm slot :P But i dun have "bigma"

    I think parking at TP is good idea, there is a bridge linking to Bedok resvr.

  15. #15

    Default Re: Singapore Dragon Boat Festival 2006

    Just got up.. Still thinking whether to go or not Feeling a bit lazy

    Quote Originally Posted by Leinaj
    If can wake up will go in the morning tomolo, if not will catch the 3 pm slot :P But i dun have "bigma"

    I think parking at TP is good idea, there is a bridge linking to Bedok resvr.

  16. #16

    Default Re: Singapore Dragon Boat Festival 2006

    Bring a rubber dinghy is it?

    Quote Originally Posted by longkangman
    No need just go nearer.

  17. #17

    Default Re: Singapore Dragon Boat Festival 2006

    Quote Originally Posted by jeryltan
    Just got up.. Still thinking whether to go or not Feeling a bit lazy

    me too but .. gonna miss some great shots I guess ... let's encourage and tempt each other ...LOL

  18. #18

    Default Re: Singapore Dragon Boat Festival 2006



    Think I'll charge my batt. while I decide..



    Like going to rain leh.. (Finding excuse to be lazy)

    Quote Originally Posted by Leinaj
    me too but .. gonna miss some great shots I guess ... let's encourage and tempt each other ...LOL
    Last edited by jeryltan; 1st July 2006 at 09:55 AM.

  19. #19

    Default Re: Singapore Dragon Boat Festival 2006

    Quote Originally Posted by jeryltan
    Bring a rubber dinghy is it?

    wonder where LKM is ....

  20. #20

    Default Re: Singapore Dragon Boat Festival 2006

    Yah lor.. He and his 500mm f/4.. Wasted leh, he don't go..

    Quote Originally Posted by Leinaj
    wonder where LKM is ....

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •