Results 1 to 9 of 9

Thread: Is it cheaper to buy camera equipment at Changi Airport?

  1. #1

    Default Is it cheaper to buy camera equipment at Changi Airport?

    I remember reading a while back that they had this gaurantee that if you can find anything cheaper in town they refund u back twice the difference.

    "Double your confidence shopping at Changi Airport with our pricing guarantee! All our prices are guaranteed to be no higher than similar off-airport outlets, established departmental stores and fixed-price shops downtown. If you find any item purchased to be cheaper at any comparable downtown shops within 30 days, we’ll refund you double the price difference!"

    http://shopping.changiairport.com.sg...guarantee.html

  2. #2
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Feb 2003
    Location
    Outside the Dry Box.
    Posts
    16,268

    Default Re: Is it cheaper to buy camera equipment at Changi Airport?

    Is Boon in that program as well? cos i saw their international plugs way off the price sold outside...

    Wonder if i buy a P2000 then i use it for holiday, come back return can anot...
    Logging Off. "You have 2,631 messages stored, of a total 400 allowed." don't PM me.

  3. #3

    Default Re: Is it cheaper to buy camera equipment at Changi Airport?

    Quote Originally Posted by boroangel
    I remember reading a while back that they had this gaurantee that if you can find anything cheaper in town they refund u back twice the difference.

    "Double your confidence shopping at Changi Airport with our pricing guarantee! All our prices are guaranteed to be no higher than similar off-airport outlets, established departmental stores and fixed-price shops downtown. If you find any item purchased to be cheaper at any comparable downtown shops within 30 days, we’ll refund you double the price difference!"

    http://shopping.changiairport.com.sg...guarantee.html
    they did said fixed-price shop, so i guess places like Alan, Cp or MS is not fixed price

  4. #4

    Default Re: Is it cheaper to buy camera equipment at Changi Airport?

    Quote Originally Posted by Nikonnew
    they did said fixed-price shop, so i guess places like Alan, Cp or MS is not fixed price
    Oh ok...then no point...

  5. #5

    Default Re: Is it cheaper to buy camera equipment at Changi Airport?

    i doubt u will find a good deal at airport shop, its really only to chop tourists who dont know any better.

  6. #6

    Default Re: Is it cheaper to buy camera equipment at Changi Airport?

    Quote Originally Posted by jdredd
    i doubt u will find a good deal at airport shop, its really only to chop tourists who dont know any better.

    to be fair, for quite a while they were selling the E300 for 999, so you cannot say they don't have good deal. and as long as they don't go above RRP, you cannot say they are chopping you.....

  7. #7
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Aug 2005
    Location
    Tanjong Katong
    Posts
    3,710

    Default Re: Is it cheaper to buy camera equipment at Changi Airport?

    No. Even without 5% GST, it is still more expensive than most camera shop (I mean really-really camera shop, not tourist camera shop).

    Regards,
    Arto.

  8. #8

    Default Re: Is it cheaper to buy camera equipment at Changi Airport?

    Quote Originally Posted by Artosoft
    No. Even without 5% GST, it is still more expensive than most camera shop (I mean really-really camera shop, not tourist camera shop).

    Regards,
    Arto.
    you have to compare them with RRP. it is more expensive, I don't think anybody can doubt that, but it's RRP......

  9. #9
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2002
    Location
    Singapore
    Posts
    12,938

    Default Re: Is it cheaper to buy camera equipment at Changi Airport?

    u also need to fly again to go back to the shop to ask for refund right?

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •