Wah!!! Test Drive Version!?!?!

Default Re: Potential ThinkTank Users' Discussion

Quote Originally Posted by sehsuan View Post
    hahaha... somemore at a discount

brand new & sealed. exactly same as actual product, but with a "test drive" tag.

Zoosh, I think I might want to exchange 1-for-1 my LC15 with your LC50 IF you can use it teehee. I use it occasionally for my 85/1.8, snug fit, no hood. What did Tom Shen get?

CH, you can look at a Speed Changer (accessory bag, holds 04 x 1D's batteries, or 02 x 1D batteries with one 85/1.8 and one 50/1.8 stacked [maybe 1.4 can fit instead of the 50/1.8, I don't know]), Lightning Fast (550EX/580EX with Omnibounce), Whip It Out (for 70-200/2.8, IS or not, doesn't matter - note NO tripod collar can be used this way - hood MUST be attached OUTSIDE). For a 24-70/2.8, maybe a LC35 or LC25. You'd like to have a Pixel Rocket Pocket to carry your other CF/SD cards too. It's also easier to walk around with the 1D + 24-70 fixed up, on the shoulder, ready to go. If there's rain, it's still sealed - the other items can be waterproofed with the individual rain covers.

http://www.thinktankphoto.com/ttp_pr...LnsChngr25.php
    http://www.thinktankphoto.com/ttp_pr...LnsChngr35.php

My personal kit consists of
    Whip It Out
    Lens Changer 15
    Lens Changer 50
    Speed Changer (w/ Pixel Pocket Rocket inside)
    R U Thirsty?
    Lightning Fast
    Cable Management 10
    Pixel Racing Harness (used ONLY once)
    Pro Modulus Belt (not the Steroid version)

How about the rest of you guys? Maybe we could start a communal list, loan and test etc. I haven't had the chance to help Doug to get to CP before Photokina, and I don't know if CP sent anyone over to take a look - but he might drop by Singapore once in a while. No comments on the items from the other users?
    LC15 a bit too tight for my wide angle. i wanted something to be able to fit my two fingers when i want to pull them out and without much resistance. but LC50 is too big and i dun like my lens to be rolling about in the bag, so thinking of exchanging a LC25 instead of having to buy a new bag.

Quote Originally Posted by madmacs View Post
    price list is here -> http://www.thinktankphoto.com/purchase/ttp_order.php

email them and ask them to recommend you a configuration. i got the modulus speed set and they offered me the test drive version of the lc75 and whip-it-out at a 25% discount.
    is it a 6 items modulus set at US$150? or is there further discount?

when i last bought from them 18 items, they decline further discount. paid US$450 excluding shipping and tax.

Quote Originally Posted by zoossh View Post

when i last bought from them 18 items, they decline further discount. paid US$450 excluding shipping and tax.
    i wasnt able to get discount on the 6-pc modulus set.

Quote Originally Posted by madmacs View Post
    i wasnt able to get discount on the 6-pc modulus set.
    i see. so same thing. 25% discount refers to price of individual items compared to price for 6 piece modulus.

Deregistered

WAH!

18 items? What did you get?

WAH!

18 items? What did you get?
    for 3 ppl lah

i see. so same thing. 25% discount refers to price of individual items compared to price for 6 piece modulus.
    yep...cos the 6-pc is already considered discounted. so effectively mine is an 8-pc set

after a while with some experimentation. find that 50 is good as a whip out for my body with short lens. i think i will keep it. however, i would be keen to look out someone selling 25, instead of exchanging.

anyone selling off his lens changer 25?

any1 bought any of the airport series bag?

guys, anyone selling off his lens changer 15 or 25? now returned to thailand and will be back in sg in a week's time.

p.s. by the way, i'm keeping my lens changer 50, so not exchanging but thinking of buying if anyone thinks his 15 or 25 is too small.

Deregistered

Now, when is another person gonna share his review of the ThinkTank system?

Now, when is another person gonna share his review of the ThinkTank system?
    hehe...need another review? you did such a great job that more of us bought the system

ok. maybe i just give some comments after using the system for a few outings. it does indeed distribute the weight a lot better than the lowepro belt system. i find that i dont feel as fatigued even after a full day of shooting. not to mention i dont have to keep pulling the belt tight every now and then

i was very happy to note that the whip-it-out can hold even the 70-200 f/4L very snuggly. the speed changer is extremely useful. in fact for the canon photomarathon, i managed to stuff a film slr + 50mm lens into it while slinging my 10d.

my usual config consists of speed changer, r u thirsty, lightning fast, whip-it-out and sometimes lc25 or lc50.

a bit expensive but well worth the price and comfort.
    Last edited by madmacs; 26th October 2006 at 09:02 AM.

Default Airport Antidote with Artifical Intelligence 15

I'll be doing some travelling this month and I'm thinking of bringing along my macbookpro and my photo gears just in case I get some photo ops. Since I was very happy with my modulus purchase last time, I decided to go with another ThinkTank purchase for my needs.

My choices were Airport... Antidote, Accelaration, Addicted, & Security. I ended up getting the Airport Antidote for the following reasons... it is the lightest among. It is big enough to carry my stuff but small enough to fit the aircraft's overhead bin or under the seat. It can easily be carried as backpack. In my opinion it is the most cost-effective for my need. I also think that even for normal use (purpose aside from air travel, i.e. walkabout), it still serves the purpose given it's smallish size. It also has the option to attach a monopod or a tripod.

The bag was delivered in less than a week after I have confirmed online purchase, it was very quick, I chose USPS delivery. I am very happy with the bag. It is exactly as it is described on the site. I really liked the fact that I can make use of the "Artificial Intelligence 15" separately. This past week I have been using the Artifical Intelligence 15 to bring my macbookpro to office, it's very comfy to use.

My plan for my upcoming travel is to probably remove all the dividers and I'll use my Modulus pouches to keep my gears from rubbing together. When I reach my destination, I would be able to use the Modulus pouches/belt for actual shoots. I won't be bringing my tripod as it might call too much attention at the airport.
    Overall impression of the product is .

Here's the product page http://www.thinktankphoto.com/ttp_pr...ArprtAntdt.php

Default Re: Airport Antidote with Artifical Intelligence 15

saperboy
    i need to ask u something.

i read that the Airport Antidote's shoulder harness padding is quite thin.how is it for u?carrying for long hrs = tired shoulders?

Quote Originally Posted by syc77 View Post
    saperboy
    i need to ask u something.

i read that the Airport Antidote's shoulder harness padding is quite thin.how is it for u?carrying for long hrs = tired shoulders?
    although I haven't really had a real on the road test drive, I don't think that the harness will be giving me problems. The shoulder harness is a about a little more than 3inches (8cm plus) wide which I feel would help to spread the weight. It has 2 extra handles, 1 on top and another on the side, which helps to secure and handle while taking out or putting into the aircraft overhead or underseat storage. I have tried loading some of my gear and I tried carrying the bag and it seems comfy enough considering the weight that I have to carry.

thanks for ur input

hey all, is the pixel racing harness needed if i'm doing a fair bit of walking, slight running when i'm shooting? or will the pro speed belt hold up well?
    eat. drink. shoot

Page 6 of 8 FirstFirst ... 45678 LastLast