Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: need some travelling advices

Default Re: need some travelling advices

see here for PD70X from Eastgear.com

Quote Originally Posted by Zaknafein
    wat i meant is while overseas, transfering from CF to the HDD...
    unless its those type like muzikbug has mentioned....

muzikbug, how do i transfer the files from cf to the HDD? is there any screen/buttons on the HDD to do the transfering?
    that is what i'm talking abt a casing with card reader and buttons. some comes with a screen for show of data transfer. some comes with a LCD screen that shows data transfer and also shows the picture, others can show RAW file format also.

Can you use the PD70X like an external HDD where you plug it in the computer to trsf files?
    Cos I am thinking of getting it to use for my travel and perhaps find a cheap resource to burn my photos in the PD70X in a CD for backup.

Just curious, no offence, if u do not trust a CDR and burner, why would u trust a mobile harddisk?

Quote Originally Posted by Astin
    Just curious, no offence, if u do not trust a CDR and burner, why would u trust a mobile harddisk?
    and one wonder how we survived with film before the digital age.........

Default Pd70x

Hi,

Good link about the PD70X Scud.

Has any one bought one in SG - which shop would you recommend?

thanks

Check out PPCP's thread in Mass Order, they are selling the Digimate variety. I am contemplating on getting one for my trip in september. Looks good to go and very cheap.

Quote Originally Posted by zoossh
    that is what i'm talking abt a casing with card reader and buttons. some comes with a screen for show of data transfer. some comes with a LCD screen that shows data transfer and also shows the picture, others can show RAW file format also.
    ohhh, ic ic, sorry, was a misunderstanding
    Photo Album - Photo Album

Quote Originally Posted by Astin
    is the way the burner burns that i do not trust. some how, the cdrom sometimes just unable to read the cd, and its not just for photos, for other files too. i have no problems about optical storage itself, its just that i find the cd writing technology issnt reliable. u haven got this problems b4? normal cds that u buy is fine. music cds, vcds, all can last u years. i have no idea why issit like this.
    i trust HDD more cos its tested and proven for so many years. no doubt there will be wear and tear due to the spinning, but that will be after some use. i have never store any files in a HDD and could not retrieve them.

Quote Originally Posted by Nikonew
    and one wonder how we survived with film before the digital age.........
    i didnt use film

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12