Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
Results 41 to 55 of 55

Thread: Poorer Singaporeans earned even less last year

  1. #41
    Member
    Join Date
    Feb 2005
    Location
    Bedok
    Posts
    153

    Default Re: Poorer Singaporeans earned even less last year

    30 yrs ago , psle + hard work may equal good pay now
    20 yrs ago, o level +hard work may equal good pay now
    10 yrs ago, diploma level/ gce a level +hard work may equal good pay now
    5yrs, degree level +hard work +creativity may equal good pay now
    now, degree is a basic, hard work is a must , good pay is a big question mark.

    what holds the future ?

  2. #42
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Dec 2005
    Location
    KFC
    Posts
    1,776

    Default Re: Poorer Singaporeans earned even less last year

    Quote Originally Posted by Chiang
    30 yrs ago , psle + hard work may equal good pay now
    20 yrs ago, o level +hard work may equal good pay now
    10 yrs ago, diploma level/ gce a level +hard work may equal good pay now
    5yrs, degree level +hard work +creativity may equal good pay now
    now, degree is a basic, hard work is a must , good pay is a big question mark.

    what holds the future ?
    Future? simple solution:
    Join "blahblahblah" and increase gst, increase petrol, increase transport fee and increase watever u can so in the end increase your pay and make the people suffer in silence.[some one in taiwan said "s'poreans are stupid", and indeed they are, all bills increase and they still dun wan any change, what to do?]
    09 Oct 09 officially marks the date I become a canon convert.

  3. #43
    Member
    Join Date
    Dec 2004
    Location
    Sembawang
    Posts
    1,479

    Default Re: Poorer Singaporeans earned even less last year

    Quote Originally Posted by kcuf2
    Future? simple solution:
    Join "blahblahblah" and increase gst, increase petrol, increase transport fee and increase watever u can so in the end increase your pay and make the people suffer in silence.[some one in taiwan said "s'poreans are stupid", and indeed they are, all bills increase and they still dun wan any change, what to do?]

    Sporeans r nt all stupid.... they just want everything to be the BEST....yet when they r ask to pay for it, they all look elsewhere.....

  4. #44

    Default Re: Poorer Singaporeans earned even less last year

    Quote Originally Posted by CYRN
    1DsM2 + 600f4L + 300-800 Sigmonster + 1TB RAID NAS + Mac g5 Quad processor.
    for that total price tag, i rather buy a COE car and have spare cash for petrol for 1 year

  5. #45

    Default Re: Poorer Singaporeans earned even less last year

    Quote Originally Posted by user111
    for that total price tag, i rather buy a COE car and have spare cash for petrol for 1 year
    I calculated for cars average expenditure (all inclusive) is min $1200 /mth.

    1 year can buy 1 of the below item.
    Gallery | Facebook Page Spreading the Good photography.

  6. #46

    Default Re: Poorer Singaporeans earned even less last year

    hehe but which car?

    i am looking at 15yr old sedan. either ford laser or suzuki swift or lancer or civic

  7. #47
    Member
    Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Location
    白莲教
    Posts
    164

    Default Re: Poorer Singaporeans earned even less last year

    Some more comments and thoughts for us to reflect on at
    http://www.mrbrown.com/blog/2006/06/...lay_the_h.html

    Sigh... It's a sad world out there. Unless the lower 30% are not our concern.

  8. #48

    Default Re: Poorer Singaporeans earned even less last year

    Quote Originally Posted by user111
    hehe but which car?

    i am looking at 15yr old sedan. either ford laser or suzuki swift or lancer or civic
    those less than 10yr "entry model".

    For those >10yr might reliability issue as most likely the car have been "loot" by the owner juz before 10yrs... then cost of inconvinence will be much higher considering income loss and repair cost. Fuel cost likely to be more as efficiency is no longer there. Higher Tax too.
    Gallery | Facebook Page Spreading the Good photography.

  9. #49
    Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2006
    Location
    West Zone
    Posts
    235

    Default Re: Poorer Singaporeans earned even less last year

    Quote Originally Posted by Chiang
    30 yrs ago , psle + hard work may equal good pay now
    20 yrs ago, o level +hard work may equal good pay now
    10 yrs ago, diploma level/ gce a level +hard work may equal good pay now
    5yrs, degree level +hard work +creativity may equal good pay now
    now, degree is a basic, hard work is a must , good pay is a big question mark.

    what holds the future ?
    All replaced by either Foreign workers or foreign talents......

  10. #50

    Default Re: Poorer Singaporeans earned even less last year

    Quote Originally Posted by CYRN
    those less than 10yr "entry model".

    For those >10yr might reliability issue as most likely the car have been "loot" by the owner juz before 10yrs... then cost of inconvinence will be much higher considering income loss and repair cost. Fuel cost likely to be more as efficiency is no longer there. Higher Tax too.
    its a calculated risk. a cheap , less than 10yr car is hard to find

  11. #51

    Default Re: Poorer Singaporeans earned even less last year

    Quote Originally Posted by user111
    its a calculated risk. a cheap , less than 10yr car is hard to find
    can't tell my clients ...paiseh..car break down....
    Gallery | Facebook Page Spreading the Good photography.

  12. #52

    Smile Re: Poorer Singaporeans earned even less last year

    thanks for sharing your perspective as a volunteer. however, i have read from letters to the press that one question asked, amongst others, is do you own aircon? a potential applicant may still own an aircon now which was installed during the good days or when they were gainfully employed. he may have stopped using it. one way is to peruse their utilities bills. in this case, it shows their electricity usage.

    Quote Originally Posted by germ_boi
    Yes, I volunteer at the places where we try to seek appeals for people who need the money due to financial constraints.

    When we analyse their household expenses for them, I find it appalling that their cellphone bills are higher than mine, their cellphone are newer than mine and constantly changing. When we brought up this problem to the housewife (her bills are >$60), she said talking to her neighbours on the phone is a neccesity.

    At this point i sorta lost my patience and told her why talk to her neighbour on the phone when they are living a few steps away and she says she is lazy.

    Thereafter, we told her to reorganise her family before coming again as we thought she was certainly "affluent" enough to consider these neccesities!

    So my conclusion i that what these people lack is not money, but financial IQ, how to handle their money etc, maybe the parents reading this, oughta teach their kids yea? That is definitely more impt than any lesson in school.

  13. #53

    Default Re: Poorer Singaporeans earned even less last year

    Imagine the budget used to upgrade your neighbourhood town, MILLIONS of dollars spend for a nice walkway lifts upgrading and tacky gardens- with that amount of money could indeed help the lower income and unemployed families by giving an increase with the progress package. Which is more neccessary- to feed the poor and unemployed or to make a pretty enviroment and show off the world singapore is a tacky place to live in but in fact the ppl are suffering- what is the P A P gonna do about this ?????
    Last edited by couture.06; 6th July 2006 at 12:19 PM.

  14. #54
    Member
    Join Date
    Feb 2006
    Location
    Jurong
    Posts
    478

    Default Re: Poorer Singaporeans earned even less last year

    Quote Originally Posted by Chiang
    30 yrs ago , psle + hard work may equal good pay now
    20 yrs ago, o level +hard work may equal good pay now
    10 yrs ago, diploma level/ gce a level +hard work may equal good pay now
    5yrs, degree level +hard work +creativity may equal good pay now
    now, degree is a basic, hard work is a must , good pay is a big question mark.

    what holds the future ?
    Now Degree & Diploma difficult to find job. Got one jobless for 1 year.

  15. #55
    Member
    Join Date
    Feb 2006
    Location
    Jurong
    Posts
    478

    Default Re: Poorer Singaporeans earned even less last year

    Now my company is recruiting part-time business partners. Commission Based $1K->$5K, no walk-in, must make appt first but Singaporeans have to think first. What the heck r they thinking. Some worse make appt no come make me wait in the office for one whole day. I think they r can't see the business opportunity here some have make it every month more than $11,000. Singaporeans didn't try first they give up already. Hard to find right people nowadays. I join this company as I can c the opportunity & change my lifestyle also.
    Last edited by rayblade; 6th July 2006 at 05:09 PM.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •