Thread: hand colouring of prints

Question hand colouring of prints

hi, would someone enlighten me on how to go about hand colouring of prints ? maybe someone who has done this before can help ?

for the prints, must it be matt or can it be glossy ?

Angry

oh great ... so its a must for matt prints. arrg ...
    has anione tried handcolouring a glossy print before ?

Originally posted by mervin420
    oh great ... so its a must for matt prints. arrg ...
    has anione tried handcolouring a glossy print before ?
    Well, I have a freind who tries on RC glossy. Work quite okay. But I think it's best to work on a surface which are easy to do treatment on. There are many ways of doing a handcoloring print. Apart from using oil-based, there are coloring dyes as well which you can use. Apart from that, if you are using watercoloured based paper, you could even use coloured-pencils on the print.

Question

hmm ... how about touching up of white spots on the 8R blow ups tat come back from the lab coz the negatives were 'spotted' with micro mini size black dots.

??? ideas anione ??? dun wan to see a $8 print go to waste ...

Originally posted by mervin420
    hmm ... how about touching up of white spots on the 8R blow ups tat come back from the lab coz the negatives were 'spotted' with micro mini size black dots.

??? ideas anione ??? dun wan to see a $8 print go to waste ...
    If it is a coloured print, you can remove any black spot by gently scraping it with a good craft knife. ( I use a laboratory scapel for that). If there is white dust spot, you can easily use any touchup kit available in the market to touch up the holes. I think you can get them from cathy. For black and White would be much easilier. I use a airbrush to touch up very fine print using acrylic-based inks.

For colored print, I advise you to just use ready-made touchup kit and fill the spot in with a fine brush.