Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Any fans of Robotech novels?

Default Re: Any fans of Robotech novels?

i saw 2 versions of DVD @bluemax sometime back.one box with 3-5 dvd cost $99.the whole collection would have cost about $400++.i think it's from a US company.But the other verison i saw cost $99 but it's the full collection made by a taiwan company.

any1 with more info regarding this?

Personally I only liked the Macross and Mospeada segments of Robotech. Using southern cross as a bridge seemed to be a misfit in terms of mecha design as well as storyline.

A pity they gave up on the Robotech:Sentinels animation project. I caught the 1hr+ pilot episode on RTM1 many years ago and the animation was a cut above the graphic work done in Robotech which tended to be sloppy at times.

Quote Originally Posted by tokrot
    Actually I had the entire Robotech series including The Sentinels. I have watched it many times and I think 3 spies were nebber mentioned they were the guardian of dana sterlings. It was probably general Rolf emerson who was both guardian of Dana and Bowie. That's why both of them were so close..
    If I remembered correctly it was mentioned somewhere inside the novel not in the anime.

Quote Originally Posted by Zerstorer
    Personally I only liked the Macross and Mospeada segments of Robotech. Using southern cross as a bridge seemed to be a misfit in terms of mecha design as well as storyline.

A pity they gave up on the Robotech:Sentinels animation project. I caught the 1hr+ pilot episode on RTM1 many years ago and the animation was a cut above the graphic work done in Robotech which tended to be sloppy at times.
    i have the sentinels dvd, but i find it damn sucky...

i remember they also make another jap anime movie into 1 of their 'inbetweens' think its orguss or something... they really know how to link different stories into their own, talk about the japanese mindset...
    Logging Off. "You have 2,631 messages stored, of a total 400 allowed." don't PM me.

Quote Originally Posted by tokrot
    Actually I had the entire Robotech series including The Sentinels. I have watched it many times and I think 3 spies were nebber mentioned they were the guardian of dana sterlings. It was probably general Rolf emerson who was both guardian of Dana and Bowie. That's why both of them were so close..
    Hi...may I know where you got your whole series? Did you buy the DVD or you know......can PM me if its not convenient to say...

Quote Originally Posted by Hobbesyeo
    You can try your luck at those 2nd hand bookshops. I think the one at Holland village had most of the robotech books for sale a while back.

Anyone collects the toys?
    The bookshop is inside HV shopping centre (the one with cold storage supermarket). I'm not sure if the books are still there tho.

Quote Originally Posted by wattky
    That commander's name I think is Rolf Emerson? He is the guardian of Bowie Grant who is the nephew of Claudia Grant. Dana Sterling was left in the care of the 3 Zentraedi spies who infiltrated SDF-1 during the 1st Robotech War after her parents left Earth.
    Yeah...interestingly both of them fell in love with different species...Bowie (remember now that you mention his name) also fell in love with of the Muses...incidentally...their group also got this sergeant right...think he also ended up with one of the species from one of the planets from the Sentinels series...

Earth is in fourth Quadrant of the universe right....then what about Tirol, Karbarra, Praxis all these har?

Just went to check my bookcase for the first time in many years and realised my Book 2, 3, and 4 missing!!!!!!!! .....think got at least 1 book lent to a frd eons ago but he said he max only got 1 book.......shate.....now got to find the other 2 missing ones...

Quote Originally Posted by Hobbesyeo
    The bookshop is inside HV shopping centre (the one with cold storage supermarket). I'm not sure if the books are still there tho.
    Oh I think I know liao....went to one on the 2nd floor many years back...

I also got the whole series, but I don't know where it is now. Shared the cost with another friend, so he is probably keeping the series.

I even got the Macross RPG gamebooks, where there were lots of exciting diagrams of the machines. The best one is the motorcycle mobile suits. fantastics!
    "Photography is an austere and blazing poetry of the real" -Ansel Adams

Quote Originally Posted by boroangel
    By the way, does anyone still remember the ending in the last book 'End of the Circle', where all of them were transported back to Earth but Minmei and the Rem clone was somewhere sent into an island and she was singing and pregnant...where exactly were they transported to?
    If I remember correctly, Minmei and Rem were left in a new dimension/galaxy. Minmei was pregnant with Rem's baby. I think they were supposed to be like the Adam and Eve over there, starting a whole new race of protoculture species.

That commander's name I think is Rolf Emerson? He is the guardian of Bowie Grant who is the nephew of Claudia Grant. Dana Sterling was left in the care of the 3 Zentraedi spies who infiltrated SDF-1 during the 1st Robotech War after her parents left Earth.
    The 3 spies were her playmates/Zentraedi mentors. Rolf Emerson was her guardian.

The book store at HV is EMF Book Store... Once a favourtie haunt of mine.... As for Robotech, I have most of the books except the one of the additional books after the original series, and I have only the Robotech: Macross Saga and part of the Masters series DVD. Got a copy of the original Jap macross as well..... To grab the full DVD series of the Robotech was a bit ex for my wallet... So I am still slowly building it up...

If I remember correctly, this is the 1st anime I have seen.... But, we always call it cartoon then, especially since it's a americanised version.... Heh....

If I remembered correctly it was mentioned somewhere inside the novel not in the anime.

Sorry I never read the novel...It seems like the novel and anime one are bit different.

Quote Originally Posted by boroangel
    Hi...may I know where you got your whole series? Did you buy the DVD or you know......can PM me if its not convenient to say...
    PM me instead..

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12