Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 20 of 33

Thread: Any fans of Robotech novels?

  1. #1

    Default Any fans of Robotech novels?

    Hi I am really trying my luck here...got a little nostalgic today and dunno why tot of robotech...used to read it a lot back in late 80s, early 90s in my primary and secondary school days. I have the whole collection from book 1 to 18 but just now when i went to the offical site I realised 3 other books (19, 20, 21) came out later which where telling the sotry in between the different series.

    They are:

    Robotech #19: The Zentraedi Rebellion

    Robotech #20: The Masters' Gambit

    Robotech #21: Before the Invid Storm

    Apparently these seem to be out of print now...does anyone know where to get them or know of any 2nd hand bookshops which might sell them?

  2. #2

    Default Re: Any fans of Robotech novels?

    INteresting... I also love robotech too.. still a fan of it..

  3. #3

    Default Re: Any fans of Robotech novels?

    Quote Originally Posted by tokrot
    INteresting... I also love robotech too.. still a fan of it..
    WOW REALLY? Glad to see fans of Robotech here. I am thinking of ordering the DVD of the whole cartoon series and keep it. Brought back so much memories...arguably the best novel series I read.




    http://www.robotech.com/
    Last edited by boroangel; 29th June 2006 at 01:31 AM.

  4. #4
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Sep 2004
    Location
    Beyond Space-Time Continuum
    Posts
    6,324

    Default Re: Any fans of Robotech novels?

    Used to have all the books but now they are in bits and pieces, rotting from mildew and others. Its a great series, that time they also came out with the original gundam novel as well, 0079.

  5. #5

    Default Re: Any fans of Robotech novels?

    Quote Originally Posted by boroangel
    WOW REALLY? Glad to see fans of Robotech here. I am thinking of ordering the DVD of the whole cartoon series and keep it. Brought back so much memories...arguably the best novel series I read.




    http://www.robotech.com/
    Ya, great anime. Brought back many old memories.

  6. #6
    Member
    Join Date
    Dec 2002
    Location
    Singapore
    Posts
    1,021

    Default Re: Any fans of Robotech novels?

    Robotech is what happened when the American company Harmony Gold bought the English rights to 3 Japanese cartoon series and jammed them together to make a storyline.

    Kind of like a Nikon lens mounted on a Canon body with a Minolta flash.

    You should watch the original Macross series (as well as Do You Remember Love), Southern Cross, as well as Super Genesis Climber. They share the same common theme of mecha war machines.

    The most recent effort was Macross Zero - worth watching just for the CG transformation sequences alone.

  7. #7
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Mar 2004
    Location
    A village in a forest
    Posts
    1,515

    Default Re: Any fans of Robotech novels?

    Another fan here. Still one of my favourite anime series. I used to have all the Robotech novels, including the Sentinels series, as well as all 4 series of the Robotech RPG gamebook(Macross, Southern Cross, Invid Invasion and Sentinels) and some supplement book on the mecha and aliens and the American version of the cartoon DVD.

    I think I have given away all my Robotech novels, just left with the RPG gamebook and DVD.

    You can try searching for them in 2nd hand bookshop. I bought all my Robotech novels from San Bookshop.
    Canon 80D|Panasonic LX3/LX5
    35f2 IS|50f1.8|85f1.8|12-24f4|18-135f4-5.6 IS|28-75f2.8

  8. #8
    Member Adiemus's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2004
    Location
    Small island....
    Posts
    1,673

    Default Re: Any fans of Robotech novels?

    Fan here too! You should try the 2nd hand bookstores. Esp. "SAN".

    Quote Originally Posted by kelccm
    Another fan here. Still one of my favourite anime series. I used to have all the Robotech novels, including the Sentinels series, as well as all 4 series of the Robotech RPG gamebook(Macross, Southern Cross, Invid Invasion and Sentinels) and some supplement book on the mecha and aliens and the American version of the cartoon DVD.

    I think I have given away all my Robotech novels, just left with the RPG gamebook and DVD.

    You can try searching for them in 2nd hand bookshop. I bought all my Robotech novels from San Bookshop.

  9. #9
    Senior Member phoakm's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2003
    Location
    Singapore, Singapore, Singapor
    Posts
    7,385

    Default Re: Any fans of Robotech novels?

    At last see Robotech and Macross Fans in CS. Though, did not have the novels or books on Robotech. I do own all the Robotech and Macross animnation series and movies. My Fav: Macross - Lovers Again.
    I AM BORNFIRE!
    My Flickr/TFCD Service

  10. #10

    Default Re: Any fans of Robotech novels?

    Quote Originally Posted by boroangel
    Hi I am really trying my luck here...got a little nostalgic today and dunno why tot of robotech...used to read it a lot back in late 80s, early 90s in my primary and secondary school days. I have the whole collection from book 1 to 18 but just now when i went to the offical site I realised 3 other books (19, 20, 21) came out later which where telling the sotry in between the different series.

    They are:

    Robotech #19: The Zentraedi Rebellion

    Robotech #20: The Masters' Gambit

    Robotech #21: Before the Invid Storm

    Apparently these seem to be out of print now...does anyone know where to get them or know of any 2nd hand bookshops which might sell them?
    You can try your luck at those 2nd hand bookshops. I think the one at Holland village had most of the robotech books for sale a while back.

    Anyone collects the toys?

  11. #11
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2005
    Location
    270 degree of Singapore
    Posts
    6,741

    Default Re: Any fans of Robotech novels?

    Macross fans here, didn't really read Robotech though
    Sony Alpha 700 hobbyist

  12. #12

    Default Re: Any fans of Robotech novels?

    Yeah, I totally enjoyed Robotech! Best! Anime! Ever! Now, when I watch any anime, I always judge them based on my experience with Robotech.

    I would've bought the entire DVD collection, but no Vitamin M.

  13. #13

    Default Re: Any fans of Robotech novels?

    Thing about Robotech is despite it being a sci-fi movie, there are so many intriguing plots and the story is so well linked up together with different generations and so many different human feelings and relationships are protrayed in the novel besides all the different awesome mecha. If you examine some of the plots, it does reflect a bit on our daily life (or am I thinking too much?

    Lovers: Rick Hunter & Lisa Hayes, Roy Fokker and Claudia Grant, Dana & Rem clone, Bernard and Maria? etc

    Interracial marriage : Max Sterling & Miriya

    Parent /child : Max and Miriya Sterling and Dana (how they left her to go 'overseas', when they went to look for the Robotech Masters but end up seeing the Invid) and how she manage to grow up independently under the guidance of 'forgot whats his name (some commander)' . How her enstrangement from her parents continued way into the last book 'End of the Circle' where they were trapped into another timespace and she was actually manipulated by the Regis to attack her parents but regained her senses in the nick of time with the help of her sister....

    Lisa Hayes and her father back at the doomed Grand Cannon.

    Siblings: Vince Grant and Claudia Grant, Dana and I think is Aurora Sterling?

    Friendship : Countless examples here...

    By the way, does anyone still remember the ending in the last book 'End of the Circle', where all of them were transported back to Earth but Minmei and the Rem clone was somewhere sent into an island and she was singing and pregnant...where exactly were they transported to?

  14. #14

    Default Re: Any fans of Robotech novels?

    Quote Originally Posted by Hobbesyeo
    You can try your luck at those 2nd hand bookshops. I think the one at Holland village had most of the robotech books for sale a while back.

    Anyone collects the toys?
    Hi, may I know this bookshop is located at which part of Holland V? And where to find this bookshop Sans?

  15. #15
    Member
    Join Date
    Nov 2003
    Location
    Bedok
    Posts
    608

    Default Re: Any fans of Robotech novels?

    notice my nick?

  16. #16

    Default Re: Any fans of Robotech novels?

    Haha the series rock!
    Black Rabbit Photography
    DeviantArt | Multiply | Flickr

  17. #17
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Mar 2002
    Location
    Some equitorial, tropical isle
    Posts
    2,398

    Default Re: Any fans of Robotech novels?

    Quote Originally Posted by r32
    Robotech is what happened when the American company Harmony Gold bought the English rights to 3 Japanese cartoon series and jammed them together to make a storyline.

    Kind of like a Nikon lens mounted on a Canon body with a Minolta flash.

    You should watch the original Macross series (as well as Do You Remember Love), Southern Cross, as well as Super Genesis Climber. They share the same common theme of mecha war machines.

    The most recent effort was Macross Zero - worth watching just for the CG transformation sequences alone.
    It should be Mospaeda : Super Genesis Climber.
    Yeah, loved the original Jap series and also the Robotech americanised version... but "protoculture" in the american Robotech version is like George Lucas introducing "medichlorines" in Star Wars.....

    Macross actually went on to have many other sequals.
    Macross II, Macross Plus and Macross Zero.

    Southern Cross ended after that series in Japan.
    So did Mospaeda, which I like a lot. One of the earliest anime with a cross dressing singer.

  18. #18

    Default Re: Any fans of Robotech novels?

    Quote Originally Posted by boroangel
    Thing about Robotech is despite it being a sci-fi movie, there are so many intriguing plots and the story is so well linked up together with different generations and so many different human feelings and relationships are protrayed in the novel besides all the different awesome mecha. If you examine some of the plots, it does reflect a bit on our daily life (or am I thinking too much?

    Lovers: Rick Hunter & Lisa Hayes, Roy Fokker and Claudia Grant, Dana & Rem clone, Bernard and Maria? etc

    Interracial marriage : Max Sterling & Miriya

    Parent /child : Max and Miriya Sterling and Dana (how they left her to go 'overseas', when they went to look for the Robotech Masters but end up seeing the Invid) and how she manage to grow up independently under the guidance of 'forgot whats his name (some commander)' . How her enstrangement from her parents continued way into the last book 'End of the Circle' where they were trapped into another timespace and she was actually manipulated by the Regis to attack her parents but regained her senses in the nick of time with the help of her sister....

    Lisa Hayes and her father back at the doomed Grand Cannon.

    Siblings: Vince Grant and Claudia Grant, Dana and I think is Aurora Sterling?

    Friendship : Countless examples here...

    By the way, does anyone still remember the ending in the last book 'End of the Circle', where all of them were transported back to Earth but Minmei and the Rem clone was somewhere sent into an island and she was singing and pregnant...where exactly were they transported to?
    That commander's name I think is Rolf Emerson? He is the guardian of Bowie Grant who is the nephew of Claudia Grant. Dana Sterling was left in the care of the 3 Zentraedi spies who infiltrated SDF-1 during the 1st Robotech War after her parents left Earth.

  19. #19

    Default Re: Any fans of Robotech novels?

    Quote Originally Posted by wattky
    That commander's name I think is Rolf Emerson? He is the guardian of Bowie Grant who is the nephew of Claudia Grant. Dana Sterling was left in the care of the 3 Zentraedi spies who infiltrated SDF-1 during the 1st Robotech War after her parents left Earth.
    Actually I had the entire Robotech series including The Sentinels. I have watched it many times and I think 3 spies were nebber mentioned they were the guardian of dana sterlings. It was probably general Rolf emerson who was both guardian of Dana and Bowie. That's why both of them were so close..

  20. #20

    Default Re: Any fans of Robotech novels?

    Zor Prime is my fav character in the series. He's probably the best ace in the entire saga. Who can possibly take down as many as 2 dozen bioroids with just a lone red bioroid? but Dana sterlings is better. She shot him down at least 3 times..
    Last edited by tokrot; 29th June 2006 at 02:47 PM.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •