Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Cannot take it..sigh

Default Re: Cannot take it..sigh

Quote Originally Posted by Lenscapes
    you STILL watch Mediacorp dramas??
    gave it up long time ago liao.
    I'm with you. Makes more sense to shoot pictures than to watch these bo-liao shows other than the nice XMMs

i thought the procedure is verbal warning, then shoot in the air, if still run, then shoot on limbs. Can somebody verify it is the procedures for cop to arrest somone?

or it is just another myth created by drama?

Quote Originally Posted by LENS
    i thought the procedure is verbal warning, then shoot in the air, if still run, then shoot on limbs. Can somebody verify it is the procedures for cops to arrest somone?

or it is just another myth created by drama?
    i thought thats the procedure used by SAF prowlers doing guard duty?
    "stop! stop! stop! or ill shot!" (shyte gotta fire live round! ahh better not shoot wait kena)
    (turn around and runs for life)
    Photo Album - Photo Album

Quote Originally Posted by Zaknafein
    i thought thats the procedure used by SAF prowlers doing guard duty?
    "stop! stop! stop! or ill shot!" (shyte gotta fire live round! ahh better not shoot wait kena)
    (turn around and runs for life)
    i believe SAF dun practice warning shots. I was taught no warning shots and i always conduct briefing telling my prowlers NO WARNING SHOTS
    “How fortunate for leaders that men do not think.” - Adolf Hitler

Quote Originally Posted by seanlim
    Hey guys..any one watched the ch. 8 show at 9pm earlier?..Tay ping hui fired the shot into the air...if im not wronf THATS FREAKING ILLEGAL!!!!

Im proud to be a Singaporean but seeing our shows "act zai buai zai" (picking up edvidence with their bare hands..wtf?!) really disappoints me..
    maybe the director is a gundam fan like me...

anyway i find that local shows the editing abit sucky, esp now they like to use those overlap cutscene... use occassionally ok, but thru out the entire episode / series, abit sianz... then the soundtrack to action also sucks.... sometimes dun even match...
    Logging Off. "You have 2,631 messages stored, of a total 400 allowed." don't PM me.

Quote Originally Posted by yanyewkay
    I think the firing in air and kill someone did happen in US and Brazil IIRC. Definitely read it in the papers.

For SAF, during guard duty, the practice is definitely NO WARNING SHOTS in air. 3 verbal warning and fire to disarm only. Anyway, i also don't watch local TV anymore. I think I've stopped for like close to 10years?

BTW, owning a firearm is confirm jail sentence (life I think) discharging a round whehter it hit anything/person is confirm death sentence.
    It IS possible to own firearms in Singapore as long as u have the proper permit and clearance from CID. However, the firearm owned must be of certain specification and calibre (so it doesn't mean u can happily buy an Armburst LAW or Matador) as well as annual renewal of the firearm license.

And BTW, illegal possession of firearms carries a life sentence. Illegal possession of pyrotechnics or rounds carries a sentence of 7yr jail term PER ROUND (so imagine if u've got an entire M16 magazine of 5.56 stashed somewhere. It will be 7 x 30 = 210yrs).

Firearm robbery carries a maximum sentence of death penalty regardless if the weapon was discharged or not during the course of robbery.

I'm not very sure abt unlawful discharge of firearm as shown in the show but the illegal discharge of firearm without a just reason by a law enforcement officer is tantamount to murder.
    "Wonders of the Human Mind. Unfathomable to the highest degree."

i believe SAF dun practice warning shots. I was taught no warning shots and i always conduct briefing telling my prowlers NO WARNING SHOTS
    And if ya guys do encounter some bugger trying to be funny and ur guys happen to be Counterstrike fanatics as Snipers with 1-shot-1-kill standards....

hmm, i was taught to fire a warning shot up in the sky first... lol

Quote Originally Posted by jsbn
    It IS possible to own firearms in Singapore as long as u have the proper permit and clearance from CID. However, the firearm owned must be of certain specification and calibre (so it doesn't mean u can happily buy an Armburst LAW or Matador) as well as annual renewal of the firearm license.

And BTW, illegal possession of firearms carries a life sentence. Illegal possession of pyrotechnics or rounds carries a sentence of 7yr jail term PER ROUND (so imagine if u've got an entire M16 magazine of 5.56 stashed somewhere. It will be 7 x 30 = 210yrs).

Firearm robbery carries a maximum sentence of death penalty regardless if the weapon was discharged or not during the course of robbery.

I'm not very sure abt unlawful discharge of firearm as shown in the show but the illegal discharge of firearm without a just reason by a law enforcement officer is tantamount to murder.
    wow how do u know these laws so well! are u mata?
    btw just curious, wats their defination of firearms?

wow how do u know these laws so well! are u mata?
    btw just curious, wats their defination of firearms?
    Firearms, by their definition, would be anything (includes homemade stuff) that discharges a calibre round of any size.

BB Guns would not be classified under a firearm but as a controlled/banned item. But if in any case u get spotted by police with ur BB Gun, they will assume its a real firearm and if in their self-defense, they shoot and kill u, den sorry, dun think abt crying to ur family members in ur dream abt seeking redress and sueing those policemen for killing u.

hmm, i was taught to fire a warning shot up in the sky first... lol
    Different ROEs

Quote Originally Posted by phelan
    A lot of **** things happened in that drama would not have happened in a real-life police investigation.

For example, some of their interrogation tactics would have warranted a complaint. and Siwei's finding a bottle of cyanide[?] capsules in Liwen's place and using that as evidence to suspect her of Steve's murder [without possessing a search warrant for her place?] -> also sure kena investigation as to how he could do that.
    yarlor..no prove of presence of fingerprints ( if i not wrong he used his hands to pick up the bottle..BARE HANDS!! wtf)...some that clock thing what "spoil" at 10- oclock...so stereo type...havent check or prove anything then ANYHOW SAY :" YOU ARE UNDER ARREST...."what bullshit

Quote Originally Posted by zcwnfx
    its illegal meh? i thought its the right procedure to fire a warning shot into the air? come on lah, by the time the bullet fly up and come down, it will jus feel like a tiny stone hit u only....

hmmmm, aiyah, shows are show. take it with a pinch of salt.....
    yar i agree with the take in with a pinch of salt part...anw,
    go try..i stand on 30th floor drop a 3cm pebble down...u stand at 1st floor.and imagining the stone hits directly on your head .wonder if will hurt? * pun intended* ..no offence

Haha, the warning shot scene not so bad. the worst scene was the one where the transversite captured tay Ping Hui. Sean managed to shoot the transversite, so that she dropped the gun, then looked on while the transversite managed to grabbed the gun and shoot at PingHui. I thought police procedure would be to kick away the weapon from the criminal first to avoid such situation. Talk about common sense and proper research. Or maybe it's just me....

Anyway, can't remember all the details and names of the actors/actresses. Not a fan of TCS movies. Scriptwriting sucks, but then i am no professional.
    "Photography is an austere and blazing poetry of the real" -Ansel Adams

sigh...

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12