Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: PC or Apple?????

Java Applet is fine, it's so common on the net.

Originally posted by togu
    hahahaha

common is not the point

the point is if the IT guy here goes thru my computer and sees it installed - then THEY will know i am chatting mah

Originally posted by lavenderlilz

common is not the point

the point is if the IT guy here goes thru my computer and sees it installed - then THEY will know i am chatting mah
    Then good mah, quit the job and be full time photographer.

Then good mah, quit the job and be full time photographer.
    hallo - still amateur - buay sai lah

Originally posted by lavenderlilz

hallo - still amateur - buay sai lah
    mai tu liao!

I would recommend the Combo drive. The CD burner will come in real handy esp when you need to backup your work. It'll be a real PITA when you have to buy an external burner in future...

AppleCare at $399 is not too necessary. Macs don't break down THAT easily... Well unless you're thinking of playing safe then get the AC.

Don't go the Mac way becos you think its cool to own one.. most likely you will sell it in a few months time.

But if you do go the Mac way, you will not be bugged by blue screens anymore.

mac a bit hard to get software.
    the specs u listed can be had for ard 2k on a pc laptop and more...

mac has built in colour management that is USED. pc must configure.

mac is pretty and no worries about internals, cos u have to bring it back anyway. no one knows how to solve most mac probs of h/w.

mac TCO is higher, hw + sw. harder to solve problems. harder to find ppl to solve problems.

PS is optimised for both mac n pc anyway. ie P4 or G3... RAM is cheaper for PC, even SODIMMS... get about 512 for 20meg files... 1 x undo is 10 meg liao... once had a 400meg mag cover LOL that *was* fun...

digipix ur photoshop is academic version ah? thought PS is 1k5?
    as for bluescreens, my winxp is up for mths running overnet/kazaa/ps/scanner/etc... besides the reboots for upgrades... never saw a bsod again....
    "I'm... dreaming... of a wide... angle~
    Just like the ones I used to know~"

Originally posted by denizenx
    as for bluescreens, my winxp is up for mths running overnet/kazaa/ps/scanner/etc... besides the reboots for upgrades... never saw a bsod again....
    Very true. So far I've experience ZERO hanging with WindowsXP. Is rock stable as compared to is predecessors of the 9x/ME series.
    Get the latest news with Today Online Downloader

but the media player still got probs... sometimes a decoder will hang and refuse to play any subsequent files...

and I still dunno how to get the Ctrl Alt Del to show me the Lock WS option...

Blog Entries

Hi,

Just to share my experience, I have 3 macs and a PC at home. And I just love the macs and... well the PC is my wife's workhorse - some things still have to be done on the PC (that's reality) Most of what is said abt Mac is true so far. More importantly do not buy is because it looks cool.

As for software, there are plenty even office: mac. Pop over the shop 2 doors away from CP you will see some of it.

For hardware, my G4 766 uses the same 512k PC 133 Ram as a PC, just need to get from SLS. Same with my ibook and TiPB 800 got the SODIMM from SLS. I max my G4 to 1.5gig and TiPB to 1 gig. I even network all the PC and Mac using non Mac wireless router (aztech 900E modem and SMC wireless router got from SLS). My Mac and PC can communicate. The thing abt mac is that it is actually very simple to use and adaptable (except for some Idiosyncrasies like us too) I am a complete idiot when it comes to computer stuff, don't even know how to assemble PC but I just read mac books and instructions and ask around the mac community.

Every computer will freeze or even slow down to a crawl be it Mac or PC if there is a surge in demand for memory and too many multi tasking at one go. So your expectation must be tempered with reality.

Owning a Mac can be really lonely bec there is a PC world around you and as said b4 by denizenx getting help on mac hard and software can very difficult if you do not know how and where - I nearly gave up when I first started.

However, if you "Think Different" and still bent on getting a mac then:
    1. There is help at the Mac User Group Singapore (MUGS) forum where many freindly members like this forum will help you if you get into any problem with your mac, visit the site to see for yourself:
    www.macuser.org.sg . MUGS even organise seminer and talks once a month, Apple Singapore also do offer seminar and talks almost every forthnightly.

2. Hold on your buy if it is possible there are rumours that the new range of mac are coming begining next year. The ibook may be a G4 chip and many exciting things. Prices will drop for the existing ones.

Bottomline is both PC and Mac has its S/W, you need to decide carefully. Hope this help.

Originally posted by denizenx
    and I still dunno how to get the Ctrl Alt Del to show me the Lock WS option...
    Yeah, doesn't quite work the same as W2k. Win-L will put you back to the Welcome screen. If your account is password protected, it's quite the same as "Lock WS".

Regards
    CK

Originally posted by ckiang

Yeah, doesn't quite work the same as W2k. Win-L will put you back to the Welcome screen. If your account is password protected, it's quite the same as "Lock WS".

Regards
    CK
    hmm maybe it's time to put passwords into play hehe...

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123