Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: SB800 at CP

Default SB800 at CP

Hi guys, juz want to share with you my experience at CP yesterday evening.. I was nearby Peninsular Plaza after work so decide to drop by CP. I am thinking of getting a SB800 flash next month, so decide to ask the salesperson what is the current price. He quoted me $680, I thought I heard wrongly so I asked him a 2nd time and again he quoted $680. Correct me if I am wrong but I thought 1st hand SB800 is around 600-620 only? CP actually quoted me $610 a month ago when I called them. Issit becoz I am not a regular there so this salesperson try to "tock" me? Anyway this salesman is a spectacled guy in his late 20s or early 30s.. Feel abit pissed off after the incident.. Any1 here encountered such situation?
    Life is like photography, we develop from the negatives.

Default Re: SB800 at CP

SGD 620 or about there should be the price if 680 I will just walk away. sad

YMMV

that's why need to know the market price here in CS.

nobody wants to be "chai tao".

Good for you, at least your not a vege now.

cheers!

u are not alone, cp has also been hacking me like a coconut.
    Selling me mini trekker aw at $199 despite me asking so many times, and the 70-200vr at $3100.
    And he even recommend me to get Nikon 2x teleconverter to go with 80-400mm vr when everybody knows teleconverter will not work on 80-400mm..

and yet so many recommend to buy there... i really dun understand
    09 Oct 09 officially marks the date I become a canon convert.

do your homework before going down to any camera shop
    eat. drink. shoot

Mini trekker aw for $199?! and 70-200vr for $3100?! Wah..I think the salespeople realli think the customers that go there are stupid.. They are charging way over the market rate man.. Ya sad to say I do not understand why so many recommend to buy from there too.. Their customer service leave much to be desired too.. I was there with my frenz to look at the Pentax *istDL last week, he was trying out the camera and the salesperson was just standing there giving us an impatient look and looking at the clock.. I was there at 6.15pm and I believe they closed shop at 7.00pm.. This guy never even bother explaining or intro us the camera.. I guess its best to join clubsnap, at least will know the market rate of products here so wun get "tock" outside..

Quote Originally Posted by kcuf2
    u are not alone, cp has also been hacking me like a coconut.
    Selling me mini trekker aw at $199 despite me asking so many times, and the 70-200vr at $3100.
    And he even recommend me to get Nikon 2x teleconverter to go with 80-400mm vr when everybody knows teleconverter will not work on 80-400mm..

and yet so many recommend to buy there... i really dun understand

Ya man, I did walk away feeling quite disappointed with such a reputable shop..

Quote Originally Posted by longkangman
    SGD 620 or about there should be the price if 680 I will just walk away. sad

YMMV

Haha ya I dun particularly like the taste of "carrot"..

Quote Originally Posted by speedblade
    that's why need to know the market price here in CS.

nobody wants to be "chai tao".

Good for you, at least your not a vege now.

cheers!
    Last edited by aaron80; 28th June 2006 at 12:38 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by aaron80
    Mini trekker aw for $199?! and 70-200vr for $3100?! Wah..I think the salespeople realli think the customers that go there are stupid.. They are charging way over the market rate man.. Ya sad to say I do not understand why so many recommend to buy from there too.. Their customer service leave much to be desired too.. I was there with my frenz to look at the Pentax *istDL last week, he was trying out the camera and the salesperson was just standing there giving us an impatient look and looking at the clock.. I was there at 6.15pm and I believe they closed shop at 7.00pm.. This guy never even bother explaining or intro us the camera.. I guess its best to join clubsnap, at least will know the market rate of products here so wun get "tock" outside..
    the thing is the price tag they put down as $199, then i go ask them the price, then they say $199 lor... wat the heck rite? can u imagine what i m thinking when i already know clubsnap is listing the price at $125?
    And yes...the 70-200vr i even stayed there and tried to drag the price down but he dun wan...

For service wise, i must say they ok la, know how to SMILE and be NICE while giving u high prices

Quote Originally Posted by kcuf2
    the thing is the price tag they put down as $199, then i go ask them the price, then they say $199 lor... wat the heck rite? can u imagine what i m thinking when i already know clubsnap is listing the price at $125?
    And yes...the 70-200vr i even stayed there and tried to drag the price down but he dun wan...

For service wise, i must say they ok la, know how to SMILE and be NICE while giving u high prices
    Dun tell me u look like someone an airstewardess on an SIA plane will give preferential treatment to?

Quote Originally Posted by AReality
    Dun tell me u look like someone an airstewardess on an SIA plane will give preferential treatment to?

i do hope i look like one though
    i m just wearing normal t-shirt and jeans thats all...

This sounds bad. Looks like there isnt many good stores to buy from anymore. In this case, must always be prepared before buying stuffs from them:

1. Check price first from Clubsnap or friends
    2. Never buy something unfamiliar based on their recommendations on the spot.
    3. Always ask firmly "Discount already should be how much?" OR "Actual price is how much?" to hint them that you know the printed price tag are always way above the true price.

Hi there,

I believe that some time, it is who you know that will make a different.
    However, I will recommend going to TK Foto but sometime when the shop is crowded, you may need to wait a while and have some patience as the shopowner tends to be very helpful.

My prefer choice of shops:
    1. TK Foto (Look for James or Richard)
    2. MS Colour (Look for Florence)
    3. CP (Look for Florence)
    莫问前程有愧,只求今生无悔. Time pasts, Places changed, Beauty faded, what is left are Photos of Memories…

Quote Originally Posted by Francis247
    Hi there,

However, I will recommend going to TK Foto but sometime when the shop is crowded, you may need to wait a while and have some patience as the shopowner tends to be very helpful.

You different when you walk in only all of them said hello to you.

Quote Originally Posted by Francis247
    Hi there,

At CP different guys will quote different prices, some probably think that they can take you for a ride. Theres once i walk in at lunch time in office clothes...higher price...walk in on saturday shorts/tshirt...lower price..i think it was a BW filter back then...i'm sure theres good ones at CP, Florence is one of them.

Deregistered

AP - Alan Photo, #01-38 Sim Lim Square, Tel: 6336 0922, e-mail: alanfoto@singnet.com.sg
    AP-F - Alan Photo, #05-20 Funan Digitalife Mall, Tel: 6883 0922, e-mail: alanfoto@singnet.com.sg
    CP - Cathay Photo, #01-11/14 Peninsula Plaza, Tel: 6337 4274, e-mail: email@cathayphoto.com.sg
    CP-M - Cathay Photo, #02-215/216 Marina Square, 6 Raffles Boulevard, Tel: 6339 6188, e-mail: email@cathayphoto.com.sg
    John - John 3:16, #03-37 Funan Digitalife Mall, Tel: 6337 2877 / 6337 1897, e-mail: richardgan@pacific.net.sg
    Lord's - Lord's Camera, 304 Orchard Road #01-79 Lucky Plaza, Tel: 6235 4605, e-mail: lordscom@singnet.com.sg
    MS - MS Colour, Block 711 Ang Mo Kio Avenue 8, #01-3501C, Tel: 6457 6380, e-mail: sales@mscolor.com.sg, web e-quote
    TCW - The Camera Workshop, 3 Coleman Street, #01-31, Tel: 6336 1956 / 6336 7808, e-mail: tcwkshop@singnet.com.sg
    TK - T K Foto Technic, 100 Beach Rd, #02-45 Shaw Towers, Tel: 6292 4533, e-mail: sales@tkfoto.com.sg

I will send out all email and give a quoatation before i go down to buy it.
    Last edited by nicholas68; 28th June 2006 at 09:30 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by longkangman
    You different when you walk in only all of them said hello to you.
    They all say "koniciwha" when I walk in...

Ups, wrong, they are not selling camera .

Sorry for OT....

Regards,
    Arto.

See the diff.
    I will go lords/TK if CP not in mood to do business.

I prefer talking to the lady (nearer to the bags end), not very sure of her name, but at least she tells me the discounted price from the price tags. The price tags are more for the tourist or mebbe the carrot heads i guess. But after she spotted me shopping there a few times, she did give me some good reccomendations.
    Michael Lim
    My Flickr Site

Quote Originally Posted by zac08
    I prefer talking to the lady (nearer to the bags end), not very sure of her name, but at least she tells me the discounted price from the price tags. The price tags are more for the tourist or mebbe the carrot heads i guess. But after she spotted me shopping there a few times, she did give me some good reccomendations.
    That's probably florence.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast