Results 1 to 15 of 15

Thread: need recommendation on tripod

  1. #1

    Default need recommendation on tripod

    can someone recommend me a reasonable priced tripod which is suitable for nikkor 80-200mm lens.. MS recommended me a China Made tripod, but not sure the quality and reliability. so KIV 1st till i advice from CS'ian. tks

  2. #2
    Member smtan24's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2005
    Location
    Tampines
    Posts
    1,496

    Default Re: need recommendation on tripod

    Quote Originally Posted by enyu
    can someone recommend me a reasonable priced tripod which is suitable for nikkor 80-200mm lens.. MS recommended me a China Made tripod, but not sure the quality and reliability. so KIV 1st till i advice from CS'ian. tks
    Why don't you buy from jack006:

    http://forums.clubsnap.org/showthrea...hlight=jack006

    His tripods are pretty good from what I saw. I bought a monopd from him before.

  3. #3

    Default Re: need recommendation on tripod

    Quote Originally Posted by smtan24
    Why don't you buy from jack006:

    http://forums.clubsnap.org/showthrea...hlight=jack006

    His tripods are pretty good from what I saw. I bought a monopd from him before.
    jack006 ??? is he CS'ian.. selling 1st hand or 2nd hand tripod ?

  4. #4
    Senior Member +evenstar's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Location
    Singapore / United Kingdom
    Posts
    5,655

    Default Re: need recommendation on tripod

    budget? decent tripods can range from $150 (Al) to >$700 (CF)

    jack006 tripods are first hand
    eat. drink. shoot

  5. #5

    Default Re: need recommendation on tripod

    Quote Originally Posted by +evenstar
    budget? decent tripods can range from $150 (Al) to >$700 (CF)

    jack006 tripods are first hand
    __________________
    Do not just take pictures...make Photo-Graphics
    sorry forgot to mention my height is 1.72m, any tripod in the market that can also be used as a mono-pod ???

    jack006 owns a shop ? can get him/her in CS ??

    Budget < $200...possible ?

  6. #6
    Senior Member +evenstar's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Location
    Singapore / United Kingdom
    Posts
    5,655

    Default Re: need recommendation on tripod

    tripod is 3 legs, monopod is one. there is no way you wan use it as a real monopod unless you chop off the legs.

    you might want to try the manfrotto 055 tripod
    eat. drink. shoot

  7. #7
    Member smtan24's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2005
    Location
    Tampines
    Posts
    1,496

    Default Re: need recommendation on tripod

    Quote Originally Posted by enyu
    sorry forgot to mention my height is 1.72m, any tripod in the market that can also be used as a mono-pod ???

    jack006 owns a shop ? can get him/her in CS ??

    Budget < $200...possible ?
    Just pm him he tennds to reply pretty fast not to mention his service is pretty good.

  8. #8

    Default Re: need recommendation on tripod

    sorry.... asking stupid questions

    tks

  9. #9

    Default Re: need recommendation on tripod

    Ya. U can try contact Jack. MS recommended China made ones should be benro. He is selling benro. Good quality tripod though china made. I just bought A228. Hope it lasts long . Don't forget to get a tripod head (a decent one would be quite ex), unless u've got one.
    Last edited by mtunlinn; 27th June 2006 at 11:02 PM.

  10. #10

    Default Re: need recommendation on tripod

    Ya benro tripod is good and the price is quite reasonable.. I got A127 from Jack006.. He's a nice guy with very gd service..
    Life is like photography, we develop from the negatives.

  11. #11

    Default Re: need recommendation on tripod

    Quote Originally Posted by mtunlinn
    Ya. U can try contact Jack. MS recommended China made ones should be benro. He is selling benro. Good quality tripod though china made. I just bought A228. Hope it lasts long . Don't forget to get a tripod head (a decent one would be quite ex), unless u've got one.


    thks, Willy recommended me Benro, china made tripod ystdy when i visited MS, but may want to get more info 1st B4 buying.

  12. #12

    Default Re: need recommendation on tripod

    Quote Originally Posted by aaron80
    Ya benro tripod is good and the price is quite reasonable.. I got A127 from Jack006.. He's a nice guy with very gd service..
    read some of his catalogue on tripod he posted, PM him ystdy, still waiting for reply. tks for info...

  13. #13

    Default Re: need recommendation on tripod

    I think there is tripod named CUMMON (hope i spelled correctly), very old model, where the centre rod can be pulled out and used as a mono-pod, but i don't see it anymore in Singapore. my friend used to own one of it.

  14. #14

    Default Re: need recommendation on tripod

    Quote Originally Posted by enyu
    read some of his catalogue on tripod he posted, PM him ystdy, still waiting for reply. tks for info...
    PM replied...

  15. #15
    Senior Member +evenstar's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Location
    Singapore / United Kingdom
    Posts
    5,655

    Default Re: need recommendation on tripod

    Quote Originally Posted by enyu
    I think there is tripod named CUMMON (hope i spelled correctly), very old model, where the centre rod can be pulled out and used as a mono-pod, but i don't see it anymore in Singapore. my friend used to own one of it.
    you can try to PM swimaniac..he has one of such tripods IIRC..
    eat. drink. shoot

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •