Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 20 of 25

Thread: B+W filter

  1. #1

    Default B+W filter

    is B+W glare UV filter good enough as compared to nikon NC ?

  2. #2
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Location
    sewage drain/manhole
    Posts
    5,011

    Default Re: B+W filter

    For both of them go for the cheapest one, both are good.
    YMMV

  3. #3

    Default Re: B+W filter

    bought B+W 77 @ $110 due NC out of stock..

  4. #4
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jun 2003
    Location
    Town of Queens doing PORT-9YOU
    Posts
    12,716

    Default Re: B+W filter

    Both B+W MRC and Nikon NC are good filters.

    But there's slight difference between them, Nikon's truely NC, == no colour, no colour tint, whereas B+W's, there's a slight warm tint to it.

    So it depends on your preference. But all in all, get either one and you won't go wrong.

  5. #5

    Default Re: B+W filter

    thks, bought B+W liao.

  6. #6
    Member
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Location
    Bt. Timah
    Posts
    1,354

    Default Re: B+W filter

    Quote Originally Posted by enyu
    bought B+W 77 @ $110 due NC out of stock..
    Are you talking about the B+W 77mm MRC 010 UV filter?
    Those should go for just under $100 brand new.

  7. #7

    Default Re: B+W filter

    Quote Originally Posted by solarii
    Are you talking about the B+W 77mm MRC 010 UV filter?
    Those should go for just under $100 brand new.
    Where to get below $100 for the MRC version?
    Cathay quoted me $117 for it....

  8. #8
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Location
    sewage drain/manhole
    Posts
    5,011

    Default Re: B+W filter

    Quote Originally Posted by Henessy
    Where to get below $100 for the MRC version?
    Cathay quoted me $117 for it....

    Price increase recently go else where buy cheaper

    Think increase by another 15~20.

  9. #9

    Default Re: B+W filter

    Quote Originally Posted by solarii
    Are you talking about the B+W 77mm MRC 010 UV filter?
    Those should go for just under $100 brand new.
    yes... bought at MS this afternoon @ $110 leh.. u mean i can get it < $100 ??

  10. #10
    Senior Member +evenstar's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Location
    Singapore / United Kingdom
    Posts
    5,655
    eat. drink. shoot

  11. #11

    Default Re: B+W filter

    Quote Originally Posted by +evenstar
    yes u can

    http://forums.clubsnap.org/showthread.php?t=205297
    __________________
    Do not just take pictures...make Photo-Graphics

    Member of CanonGraphers©
    Reply With Quote
    anyway bought alrdy. seek advice next time before commit. tks

  12. #12
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Mar 2002
    Location
    Astin Studio
    Posts
    4,736

    Default Re: B+W filter

    Quote Originally Posted by AJ23
    Both B+W MRC and Nikon NC are good filters.

    But there's slight difference between them, Nikon's truely NC, == no colour, no colour tint, whereas B+W's, there's a slight warm tint to it.

    So it depends on your preference. But all in all, get either one and you won't go wrong.
    I prefer the B+W filter, the surface coating is very hard, good for rough handling and easy to clean after shoot.

  13. #13
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jun 2003
    Location
    Town of Queens doing PORT-9YOU
    Posts
    12,716

    Default Re: B+W filter

    Quote Originally Posted by longkangman
    Price increase recently go else where buy cheaper

    Think increase by another 15~20.
    aye, price increased. I used to buy my 77mm B+W MRC and Nikon L37C/NC for <S$100 each. hehe.

  14. #14
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jun 2003
    Location
    Town of Queens doing PORT-9YOU
    Posts
    12,716

    Default Re: B+W filter

    Quote Originally Posted by Astin
    I prefer the B+W filter, the surface coating is very hard, good for rough handling and easy to clean after shoot.
    I find that both B+W MRC and Nikon L37C is equally hard and can be rough handled. But B+W MRC is easier to clean IMO.

  15. #15
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Location
    sewage drain/manhole
    Posts
    5,011

    Default Re: B+W filter

    Quote Originally Posted by AJ23
    aye, price increased. I used to buy my 77mm B+W MRC and Nikon L37C/NC for <S$100 each. hehe.
    some store still selling at old price so get it before stock gone.
    do check by visual as the new stock QA is bad bad bad.
    Rejected 3 pieces at the end give up dont buy.
    Last edited by longkangman; 27th June 2006 at 11:44 PM.

  16. #16
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jun 2003
    Location
    Town of Queens doing PORT-9YOU
    Posts
    12,716

    Default Re: B+W filter

    Quote Originally Posted by longkangman
    some store still selling at old price so get it before stock gone.
    do check by visual as the new stock QA is bad bad bad.
    Rejected 3 pieces at the end give up dont buy.
    Mine are bought quite some time ago, served me well for the past years. =)

    Maybe due to WC, QC slacking?

  17. #17

    Default Re: B+W filter

    Quote Originally Posted by longkangman
    some store still selling at old price so get it before stock gone.
    do check by visual as the new stock QA is bad bad bad.
    Rejected 3 pieces at the end give up dont buy.
    wats wrong with the new stock of B+W MRC?
    Photo Album - Photo Album

  18. #18

    Default Re: B+W filter

    Quote Originally Posted by longkangman
    some store still selling at old price so get it before stock gone.
    do check by visual as the new stock QA is bad bad bad.
    Rejected 3 pieces at the end give up dont buy.
    How do you check?

  19. #19
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Location
    sewage drain/manhole
    Posts
    5,011

    Default Re: B+W filter

    Quote Originally Posted by Henessy
    How do you check?
    Check against the reflection light of the glass coating surface. it is not smooth as in there are bad spot.

    One have a white dot where there is no coating.
    Two have round dent surface on the glass.

    YMMV

  20. #20
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Aug 2005
    Location
    Tanjong Katong
    Posts
    3,710

    Default Re: B+W filter

    Quote Originally Posted by longkangman
    Check against the reflection light of the glass coating surface. it is not smooth as in there are bad spot.

    One have a white dot where there is no coating.
    Two have round dent surface on the glass.

    YMMV
    It is easier to see, or you need strong light?

    I check all my B+W filters, and looks ok for my eye(s) . Hopefully mine is old stock.

    Regards,
    Arto.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •