Thread: Should we ask deadpoet to post up his portfolio?

Default Should we ask deadpoet to post up his portfolio?

Hence he strikes again!

Alright, I'm just abit dissed lol.

But anyway, since our own incredible resident critique is flaunting his exceptional insight to the point it's funny,..how many of you think we should....

*ask deadpoet to show us his stuff!!!*

If I recall I did see it before..but somehow the site link disappeared from his profile..

Default Re: Should we ask deadpoet to post up his portfolio?

plus 1 for this thread...
    头可断,血可流,倩女不可不追求 carpe diem,when in doubt, hoot first,apologise later:p GALLERY

Plus one. Senseless topic.
    Canon 80D|Panasonic LX3/LX5
    35f2 IS|50f1.8|85f1.8|12-24f4|18-135f4-5.6 IS|28-75f2.8

Thread Moved.

I think this place is more suitable for this thread.

I vote no. Why? Because as he said, the right to comment on pix is part of freedom of speech, whether he has a portfolio or not is unimportant.

Quote Originally Posted by Wisp

If I recall I did see it before..but somehow the site link disappeared from his profile..

Thank you for openning this one up. I strikes again? Sounds like you are saying my comments were off base, wrong, and uncalled far? If so, say it. If not, you may continue to exercise your rights to freedom of expressing nonsense.

Since when is it a requirement to be an expert/master to criticise. World cup season is here, I hear so much talking/bashing/slamming about how bad, out of shape, over the hill this player and that player is, but can any of us bend the ball like Beckham or Roberto Carlos, but we can still criticise Beckham's defense and that Roberto Carlos has lost a step or two. No one complained.

Thank you for reaffirming my insight! Actually, I have really no idea what it is. All I am pointing out is the obvious, small things that ruin pictures. If you cannot see them, well, too bad for you and your photographicd endevours. What a pity!

By the way, the link was never in my profile.
    Last edited by Deadpoet; 26th June 2006 at 11:43 AM.
    deadpoet
    my portfolio

Quote Originally Posted by waileong
    I vote no. Why? Because as he said, the right to comment on pix is part of freedom of speech, whether he has a portfolio or not is unimportant.
    Agree.

So if my photos don't get selected in a competition, should I ask the judges to post up their portfolios too?

Peace & I'm outta here.

Quote Originally Posted by Wisp
    Hence he strikes again!

Alright, I'm just abit dissed lol.

But anyway, since our own incredible resident critique is flaunting his exceptional insight to the point it's funny,..how many of you think we should....

I hope I am not seen as taking sides as my aim in any forum is always to be as neutral as possible and expressing my view.
    On a personal ground, if you dont like a writer, it is yr right to "not to like " him in private but to expressly voice it out directly or indirectly in public is like trying to win public support to gain on your personal motive.
    The above is the classic example. I think it is unnecessary and unfriendly.
    always the Light, .... always.

Sorry, I'm not sure I understand the point of this thread. Wisp, are you saying that unless the actions match the words then the words are meaningless? All those poor deluded university professors, they actually think they know what they're talking about.

Do the rest of us also have to post a portfolio to qualify our comments, suggestions, interpretations, directions, etc?
    sk.images, ex - cyber_m0nkey

Quote Originally Posted by Bluestrike
    Thread Moved.

I think this place is more suitable for this thread.

frankly, I don't think there is a any place suitable for such a thread.

Blog Entries

Thread closed and will be removed in due course.

Notice is given to Wisp as this thread can be construed as potentially inflammatory and be seen as a personal attack (no matter how you construct or couch your sentences). Please refrain from such postings in future.