Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Seagate Micro Drive

Default Re: Seagate Micro Drive

i am using my 2GB elite pro so far on my D70s. not problem. actually it holds more shots on my D70s then my fren's sandisk normal 2GB also.

i think its not not uncompatible. hee hee.. jus never tested...
    D70s-er Since 2005

Quote Originally Posted by zcf
    Generally slower than most high speed CF card, tend to eat more batteries, take longer time to format, slower to boot (start), but indeed cheap, you can probably get much cheaper price in B&S.

Stability wise, happen one time cannot read from CF card reader, but OK from camera, twice cannot write to cards but after reboot/format then ok , sometime not sure it's camera or Micro Drive problem, as it happen in CF card before also .

The large capacity safe me quite a few time which I wouldn't have enough space for storage, especially during travel.
    if stablity is the main concern.
    but as technology advances, the recent seagate microdrives are not bad.

as for other issues, most of ppl here had already mention, so i'll not repeat.

Quote Originally Posted by smtan24
    Just checked the Kingston webpage. It seems Kingston elite pro 1GB is compatable with Dynax 5D & 7D. The 2GB are not rated by Kingston so I assume is not compatable.
    actually i got a friend who tried kingston 2GB elite pro on his KM 5d... not a problem

No problems.
    Using the 8GB MD on my long range fishing trips but 1GB CF for local shooting.
    Cant beat that for budget storage.

am using the 4gig version bought at a bargain thru fren. have 2 of them and think they are great! use them on a D200 can store 400+ fine jpeg. superb!

only happen once one of e image was spilt. ( as in a horizontal split at about e 1/3 from the bottom). but only once.

but when using w D70, many times cam showed error that have to re insert card a few time before it works again.

I had been using my 8Gb MD for a few months liao. Since then I had been shooting in RAW and had been very pleased. My 2 x 1Gb CF cards are now serving as spares only.

It does consumes a litle more power but it does not make a diff to me. I can still shoot about 500 photos on a single battery even with my IS Lens ON all the time. BTW I have a spare battery just in case I shoot more than that.

Reading from the camera will be slower and if my MD is full, I did encounter problems of not able to read. However if I uses my card reader, I had no issue. It could be my PC or maybe the buffer size of the camera body, I'm not sure.

Formating is very fast for me. Less than 1 min. Formating must be done on Camera not on PC. If formating is slow, it could be firmware issue. Upgrade the firmware to the latest firmware will solve the issue. Not all cameras can use MD.

I got mine at a very rare low price which will never be repeated. At SGD300+ now, it not really that cheap compared to solid state CF cards.

Quote Originally Posted by DeSwitch
    I had been using my 8Gb MD for a few months liao. Since then I had been shooting in RAW and had been very pleased. My 2 x 1Gb CF cards are now serving as spares only.

It does consumes a litle more power but it does not make a diff to me. I can still shoot about 500 photos on a single battery even with my IS Lens ON all the time. BTW I have a spare battery just in case I shoot more than that.

Reading from the camera will be slower and if my MD is full, I did encounter problems of not able to read. However if I uses my card reader, I had no issue. It could be my PC or maybe the buffer size of the camera body, I'm not sure.

Formating is very fast for me. Less than 1 min. Formating must be done on Camera not on PC. If formating is slow, it could be firmware issue. Upgrade the firmware to the latest firmware will solve the issue. Not all cameras can use MD.

I got mine at a very rare low price which will never be repeated. At SGD300+ now, it not really that cheap compared to solid state CF cards.
    The one at challanager was going for SGD300. But challanger price tend to be slightly expensive so its possible somewhere else is selling cheaper. It seems only the seagate MD is available.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12