Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: 350D vs 30D

Blog Entries

Default Re: 350D vs 30D

Quote Originally Posted by ianpaice
    Another option if you are tight on the budget is to buy a used 20d at about $1400 - $1600 depending on age and condition. Of course some may argue that the price diff between a 20d and 30d may not be substantial enough to warrant a recommendation on the 20d.... but if funds are tight, then 20d may be an option. And in my past experience with both cam, the 20d is definitely a better cam over the 350d in some very impt ways.
    Tried both 20D and 350D ......350D seems to have faster AF ......maybe like they said ......it is due to improved algorithm

Quote Originally Posted by Zenten
    Tried both 20D and 350D ......350D seems to have faster AF ......maybe like they said ......it is due to improved algorithm

Are you shure about this ?
    Time, is an effortless construction :)

i've tried both system and im using a 350d now because of the budget constraint.

i would definitely grab the 30D for the weight (i tend to have a heavier cam for a better grip) and the 5fps. the larger LCD is also an extra bonus for me.

Hey guys,

Thanks a lot for your views. I think the choice is pretty obvious!

im using a 350D and the AF is none too impressive, although i've been making do just fine. i'd say just go for the 30D. improved focusing alone would warrant the extra cash. or wait till august to see if the rumours are true that a newer model is being released. (:

Hi,

2 months ago I was in the similar situation evaluating between 30D and 350D. I think 30D is hands down the better camera. However I bought the 350D because it is small and light.

For some people the 350D is TOO small. But for people like me with small hands it is just nice. I have decided to go for something which was light/easy enough for me to carry around without worring abt the weight. The features in 30D which I had to forgo I figured I could live without because I am not such a demanding photographer My previous camera was a P&S so the photos from 350D are more than sufficient.

After 2 months of usage I am glad to say I have not regretted my purchase

If money is not an issue, think that the choice is quite clear ... 30D anytime, anywhere ... u will hv no regrets ...

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12