Page 12 of 12 FirstFirst ... 27101112
Results 221 to 228 of 228

Thread: Buddy System in CS

  1. #221
    Senior Member The_Cheat's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Location
    Singapore
    Posts
    2,278

    Default Re: Buddy System in CS

    Kudos to zaren for starting yet another initiative to make CS a more substantial photographic community in Singapore.

  2. #222

    Default Re: Buddy System in CS

    Quote Originally Posted by The_Cheat
    Kudos to zaren for starting yet another initiative to make CS a more substantial photographic community in Singapore.
    why don't you sign up as a volunteer buddy as well?
    you can buy better gear but you can't buy a better eye

  3. #223
    Senior Member The_Cheat's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Location
    Singapore
    Posts
    2,278

    Default Re: Buddy System in CS

    Quote Originally Posted by zaren
    why don't you sign up as a volunteer buddy as well?
    /excuse mode: on

    cos i'm rather busy right now, writing thesis and lookin for a job... you wanna employ me?

    /excuse mode: off

  4. #224
    Member
    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Location
    East Coast
    Posts
    325

    Default Re: Buddy System in CS

    Quote Originally Posted by zaren
    how about snapsnap? he shoots great pics with an S2 pro.
    No problem for me but I'm using Nikon while snapsnap use different camera (Canon A80, Fuji S2Pro). If possible I would prefer someone using same camera, this should help. Isn't it?

    Tks

  5. #225

    Default Re: Buddy System in CS

    Quote Originally Posted by Leonardo
    No problem for me but I'm using Nikon while snapsnap use different camera (Canon A80, Fuji S2Pro). If possible I would prefer someone using same camera, this should help. Isn't it?

    Tks
    No worries, dude.S2 Pro is a Nikon F80 body, its operates like a Nikon and uses Nikkor lenses. I'm quite sure snapsnap is able to help u.
    Great photography is about depth of feeling, not depth of field.
    Portfolio | Gallery

  6. #226

    Default Re: Buddy System in CS

    After 225 posts, I dun think this is really working.

    Why not just list the olbies, then whoever want any advice on a particular subject can PM tt person?



    .

  7. #227
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2004
    Location
    東京 Tokyo
    Posts
    10,193

    Default Re: Buddy System in CS

    yo zaren, what doing you

    here's a suggestion, keep things simple. just keep a list in the newbies corners. this list will be the list of members that forum newbies can PM/email for simple questions about the forum (e.g. how to make posts, whether saying/asking something is useful etc.) preferably this list will be made a sticky and maintained by a single member/moderator without any other postings.

    please don't go into some mentorship whatsoever, it'll only invite gossips from members with too much time, asking who should be eligible and who should not and what are the criteria blah blah blah ... let's just help those who really need the help. beyond that, members can form their own master-disciple relationship through outings and organised shoots.

  8. #228

    Default Re: Buddy System in CS

    Quote Originally Posted by eikin
    yo zaren, what doing you

    here's a suggestion, keep things simple. just keep a list in the newbies corners. this list will be the list of members that forum newbies can PM/email for simple questions about the forum (e.g. how to make posts, whether saying/asking something is useful etc.) preferably this list will be made a sticky and maintained by a single member/moderator without any other postings.

    please don't go into some mentorship whatsoever, it'll only invite gossips from members with too much time, asking who should be eligible and who should not and what are the criteria blah blah blah ... let's just help those who really need the help. beyond that, members can form their own master-disciple relationship through outings and organised shoots.
    thx eikin, agreed.

    ok.... the list of oldie volunteer buddies is already posted in this thread for any newbies who need help with simple questions about the forum.

    for anything more, e.g. "mentorship", pls do so via PM/email/MSN .

    pls refrain from further discussions about "eligibility" or "credentials" of the oldie volunteer buddies.
    thx!

    mods, appreciate if you can move this thread to the newbies forum.

    Last edited by zaren; 2nd July 2006 at 08:07 PM.
    you can buy better gear but you can't buy a better eye

Page 12 of 12 FirstFirst ... 27101112

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •