Thread: Abandoned Eagle - They no longer soar

Default Abandoned Eagle - They no longer soar

Shot in RAW, converted with C1Pro to JPEG and converted to Sepia with Picasa.

Last edited by r32; 25th June 2006 at 03:34 PM.

Default Re: Abandoned Eagle - They no longer soar

hey man,

pic 2 does it the best for me. It feels like the plane is coming at me, the sun adds tension but realize it's dead when my eyes move to the chains & whatever thats holding it down.

pic 1 is a very nice documentary shot with the wide-angle.

Not sure if this is intentional in pic 7 but I like how the 'live' bird' contrasts with the 'dead' flap...

Thanks for sharing =)

I love the picture with the pigeon. Its a beautiful.

However, I didnt like the sepia conversion. Generally speaking, I like B/W and Sepias with a combination of good contrast &/Or lower midtone values. I also like sepias towards the darker shade of brown, more towards black. But of course, thats me.

Havent seen your photos in a while, good to see them. I miss freaking australia.

Picture 2 looks fierce but if there is a possibility to clear out the metal stands and the chains, it would definitely look ultra fierce. Like those WW2 Jap Zeros doing a kamikaze. The sun effect is good too. Like the pilot is using the sun's rays to blind the enemy when attacking.

Quote Originally Posted by Joecool
    Picture 2 looks fierce but if there is a possibility to clear out the metal stands and the chains, it would definitely look ultra fierce. Like those WW2 Jap Zeros doing a kamikaze. The sun effect is good too. Like the pilot is using the sun's rays to blind the enemy when attacking.
    imo, the metal chain and stands are the reality of the plane's status now, in contrast to its previous glory days.
    I believe it was what the thread starter was trying to showcase, hence the subtitle, "they no longer soar"

Nice pictures.