Thread: anyone using a Klipsch Promedia 2.1?

Default anyone using a Klipsch Promedia 2.1?

Any feedback for this tiny system? Thinking of replacing BOSTON 2.1 cause its diaphram just turned to dust.

Default Re: anyone using a Klipsch Promedia 2.1?

... this model is no longer being sold. Unless you're referring to the GMX which sucks.

many years back....I own it for a week and sold away
    We are HDD of PC & FT are MB add to storage;
    so PC never hangs with enormous storage capacity - LKY

it's the GMX A2.1

sucks? could u describe how u come to that conclusion? Timbre? Bass? control? built?

I lov my BOSTON 2.1 digital for it's timbre but too bad its too difficult to find a replacement unit nowadays.

Quote Originally Posted by Jeff
    it's the GMX A2.1

sucks? could u describe how u come to that conclusion? Timbre? Bass? control? built?

I lov my BOSTON 2.1 digital for it's timbre but too bad its too difficult to find a replacement unit nowadays.
    If you've listened to the ol' Promedia 2.1 and compared it side by side with the GMX, you'll find that the bass handling of the GMX's satellites is bad. Besides this issue, the treble on the GMX is way too bright and jarring.

The old Promedia 2.1's satellites were based upon the Klipsch Synergy 2 Quintet 2 series satellites which was a very good platform (the quintet 2 being made of mineral stone material / promedia - plastic, but of similar design), Klipsch became adventurous and went on the "ala B&W nautilus horn look" which gave birth to the GMX, and its not selling too well with most people dumping it out.

Sadly, nowadays computer audio is going down hill and most people are not sound quality conscious anymore.
    Last edited by dEthANGeL; 25th June 2006 at 01:28 PM.

Dethangel is right, computer audio has been going downhill these days. The GMX is in a totally different league from the Promedias, you'll find a much more well defined treble and cleaner bass. Problem is they don't sell them anymore, and second hand ones usually have a lot of power supply problems. I also own the Klipsch Ultra 2.0s, which are basically muddled up rubbish.

Perhaps you can consider the Megaworks 210D (if you can find it, that is), it's more musical and neutral sounding than the Klipschs and costs about the same.

Quote Originally Posted by thoa_rs
    Perhaps you can consider the Megaworks 210D (if you can find it, that is), it's more musical and neutral sounding than the Klipschs and costs about the same.
    thks. will going shopping e morrow

Alternatively, give aego2 a try. For me it was between klipsch and aego2. Decided on aego2 after a 5mins demo at the shop

Quote Originally Posted by zha
    Alternatively, give aego2 a try. For me it was between klipsch and aego2. Decided on aego2 after a 5mins demo at the shop
    e amplifier looks bery huge. anyway my current one can sustain for a little while provided i don't turn up the bass to max else will start croaking like a toad.

still shopping...