Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 456

Thread: Why do I hate messy hair?

Default Re: Why do I hate messy hair?

When ppl start to hallucinate about having "Dp supporters" or "St followers" in CS, they are not doing anyone a favour. It's obvious that the majority of the members here are neutral -including the ignorant, the bochaps, the notmyproblem ppl, etc...
    It would be a good exercise if we are to treat DP like a real smelly Geylang tofu. You can get that stinky smell when u r many blocks away. If you can't stand it, take another route to avoid the smell. But if you try tasting it, you will either hate it to the extreme, don't really like the taste but can still tahan the smell, or you can crave for it. It is as simple as that ... no point keep telling everyone that smelly tofu is bad, smelly, etc... unless you are the Environment Minister and you can decide to close that stall.

I believe everyone here know that nothing can change the "lighting rod" writing style of DP, so why cant we just leave him alone .... but also try to remind him of the need to respect other ppl if he wants others to respect him. Of course DP is just my example .... there are others who, IMHO are worse off than him, and are harder to spot coz they are always behind a screen. Come on, why can't we be more forgiving and humble?
    always the Light, .... always.

This thread was going pretty well until page 4 I think. but thankfully many did not take the bait. For that kudos to them.

Bobman, were you one of those who complained? I was wondering why the smelly toufu lacked that important ingredient.
    Anyway, I think that restaurant sells the Taiwan version. Anyone knows where to get the Hong Kong deepfried version? Me too craving for it.

Ok enough ot, time to go to sleep. Goodnight everyone and CHILL!

DP, now you make me want to meet you in person. Very curious to know the real person behind the lightning rod persona. Maybe can meet over real smelly toufu. If anyone finds it.

DP,

In my opinion, my gut feeling is that most pp in the forum feel that you are right in your intention and at the same time, we feel that you are right in your judgement of a photo even though it may be subjective at times. However, a few questions which others like me may be interested to know

1. What is the intention when u use such "flowery" description to point out the flaws of a photo?
    2. How would u feel if your godson is being called in school like, "Stupid fool". Your face looks like ****, etc, etc?
    3. Do u treat your subordinates or bosses in such a manner in real life. If it differs, then should it be so on the net.

Most of the time, when I browse thru, I noticed that u are quite accurate in your judgement of messy hair and I do agree with certain judgement but why such presentation. It really puzzled me. Hope u can clarify that point if possible.

I believe the reason why JSNG is so much agst u is that he is trying to protect the newbies. Newbies who is new may feel helpless after hearing your remarks. They may get confused and even dejected. U may argue that then they may not have the qualities but this is only your personal judgement which may not be correct. Therefore it may not be fair to them to be treated as such. As what JSNG and others are pointing out, pp have the right of respect.

MDZ2, let's organise a smelly tofu outing? But it has to be the Hong Kong deep fried version.
    deadpoet
    my portfolio

Quote Originally Posted by CreaXion
    2. How would u feel if your godson is being called in school like, "Stupid fool". Your face looks like ****, etc, etc?
    3. Do u treat your subordinates or bosses in such a manner in real life. If it differs, then should it be so on the net.
    I believe the reason why JSNG is so much agst u is that he is trying to protect the newbies. Newbies who is new may feel helpless after hearing your remarks. They may get confused and even dejected. U may argue that then they may not have the qualities but this is only your personal judgement which may not be correct. Therefore it may not be fair to them to be treated as such. As what JSNG and others are pointing out, pp have the right of respect.

Let me response to a few of your comments, those that I think are related.

If someone call my god son a stupid fool or whatever, I will ask him, what did he do, and what does he plan to to about it. One must be able to stand on their own 2 feet. And I am talking about the "so call" newbies here.

Boss, are you crazy? By the way, my direct reports all know what my demands are, to deliver as promised and required, to solve my problems, to provide solution. they do that, I am the nicest boss. And they all deliver.

Protecting newbies? From what? From me? Well, then, first of all, why do the newbies need protection by someone else? If they cannot stand up for what they believe, I have no respect for them.

On the note about respect, respect is not a right, it's earned.
    deadpoet
    my portfolio

[QUOTE=Deadpoet]Let me response to a few of your comments, those that I think are related.

If someone call my god son a stupid fool or whatever, I will ask him, what did he do, and what does he plan to to about it. One must be able to stand on their own 2 feet. And I am talking about the "so call" newbies here.

Boss, are you crazy? By the way, my direct reports all know what my demands are, to deliver as promised and required, to solve my problems, to provide solution. they do that, I am the nicest boss. And they all deliver.

Protecting newbies? From what? From me? Well, then, first of all, why do the newbies need protection by someone else? If they cannot stand up for what they believe, I have no respect for them.

On the note about respect, respect is not a right, it's earned.[/QUOTE]

For the last statement, I 200% fully agree with u because it is always what I try to inculcate to my pp. However, respect has different layers. It depends on which layer u are looking at.

You are indeed an interesting person. Like one of the person above, I would love to see u in person if I have the time. Interesting to see whether u are either arrogant and or a totally frank person. It is just a very thin line. Maybe one of these days over coffee. Would love to see u critique my photos. Sure improved one with that kind of details that u see in a photo. U may use whatever "flowery" language on my photography skills. Not an issue to me.

However, on another note, I still dun agree the delivery method that u used on other forumers. Method of delivery is very situational in nature.

Please note that I am not supporters of any grp. I am just commenting on the situation.

Please note that I am not supporters of any grp. I am just commenting on the situation.
    Well, that is why we are talking and you are not on my ignore list

Coffee sounds good. If I am not shooting over the weekend, you can usually find me having coffee early afternoon somewhere in the CBD/Raffles City/Great World City triangle.

Definately, like to take a look at your pictures. It's always to see them in person, and in prints if possible.
    deadpoet
    my portfolio

Quote Originally Posted by Deadpoet
    Well, that is why we are talking and you are not on my ignore list

Coffee sounds good. If I am not shooting over the weekend, you can usually find me having coffee early afternoon somewhere in the CBD/Raffles City/Great World City triangle.

Definately, like to take a look at your pictures. It's always to see them in person, and in prints if possible.
    Yeah. That is what I always believe in also. Nothing beats face to face comms. I also believe that in order to critique a photo properly, it must be in prints. Somehow seeing a photo on screen and a photo in print are two entire different experience

Yeah. That is what I always believe in also. Nothing beats face to face comms. I also believe that in order to critique a photo properly, it must be in prints. Somehow seeing a photo on screen and a photo in print are two entire different experience
    haha ... see that you are going to taste the smelly tofu .....
    dont worry, whatever impression u get after the tasting, juz remember... smelly tofu is actually good for health ....
    always the Light, .... always.

Quote Originally Posted by MDZ2
    Bobman, were you one of those who complained? I was wondering why the smelly toufu lacked that important ingredient.
    Anyway, I think that restaurant sells the Taiwan version. Anyone knows where to get the Hong Kong deepfried version? Me too craving for it.
    Aiyo, they were the one at the chinatown food centre years ago and their stall kenna destroyed la. So they got no choice but to tame down abit lor, then no one complain liao. In fact, they are Hong Kong style the one opposite Bugis Junction is the Taiwanese style.

Quote Originally Posted by Bobman
    Aiyo, they were the one at the chinatown food centre years ago and their stall kenna destroyed la. So they got no choice but to tame down abit lor, then no one complain liao. In fact, they are Hong Kong style the one opposite Bugis Junction is the Taiwanese style.
    Hahaha. in that case, maybe we can arrange an outing one of these days and make special order for original recipe.
    So how about it? Any taker???
    Can anyone with experience organising outing organise this one?

Hahaha. in that case, maybe we can arrange an outing one of these days and make special order for original recipe.
    Model shoot in Smelly Tofu restaurant????

Was there this afternoon right after lunch. Had to try one, and it's good .... smelly and good
    deadpoet
    my portfolio

Quote Originally Posted by Deadpoet
    Was there this afternoon right after lunch. Had to try one, and it's good .... smelly and good
    u may wanna try the bugis one but taiwan style....geylang one earliest 4pm opens

Quote Originally Posted by Bobman
    Model shoot in Smelly Tofu restaurant????
    Yeah!!! Date and time please!!!

Yeah!!! Date and time please!!!
    i will check wi the restaurant boss see whether can we shoot there

Any update on this?

Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 456