Thread: Journey to Angkor

htennek
    Guests

Default Journey to Angkor

I found that Angkor isn't about its wats but rather the people that makes it one of the most interesting places to make pictures. I haven't done anything to the pictures (nor do i know how to... yet) but i think that the ones i have selected speak for themselves. I don't really know many techniques of taking photos really, i get stumped at what an IS lens is and the different f-stops and stuff like that and hopefully your critiques would help me take better photos. Enjoy or suffer. whatever, just make sure you tell me about it.

for a bit more photos on cambodia go to
    http://www.pbase.com/htennek/cambodia
    Last edited by htennek; 27th December 2002 at 02:40 PM.

Hi htennek,

Great pictures you have there, and I think you have succeeded in capturing the essence with these pictures. I especially like pic 1 to 4, the human touch on pic 1 & 3 really makes them outstanding. For picture number 2 where there is a monk meditating, my initial reaction was the building and sky have splitted the picture into two and that applying the rules of 3rd would be better. But after some thinking, I think it represents well the journey of enlightenment of the monk, where he would move from the dark to eventual enlightenment. And good framing technique in the 4th pic, it has kept my eyes there looking for more.

Great works!

(only problem is the pics posted are a bit too small)