Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Extreme service support.. from HP

Default Extreme service support.. from HP

just thought for those getting laptops, consider HP.

I am totally impressed with HP service..

I have changed my LCD 4 times already.. and they were over small issues
    1st change) 1 black dot
    2nd change) slight discoloration
    3rd change) luminance was getting too low.. starting was 150. then dropped to 110cd
    4th change) luminance dropped again.. this time they got a brighter LCD for me 235cd

my harddisk had 4kb bad sector, they swapped a new one for me. no qns asked.

my DVDR drive was burning coasters once in 20-40 discs. i told them that and they swapped the drive for me.. no qns asked.

my battery lost 25% charge. once again they swapped the batteries for me..

and my laptop comes with 3 years warranty. I was told I could keep going back to them for swaps if i was unhappy with my laptop.

the best part is, they are done all under 2 hrs.. if it was more than 4 hours, they will courier it to my place within 12 hours with no extra charge.

as for the 4th time i replaced my screen.. I told the engineer that the screen was getting abit dark for me.. the engineer personally went thru the whole batch of screens to look for the brightest for me.. and called me that he has found a bright unit for me and has reserved it for me.. and he reserved it 2 months for me to swap.. and it took only 15 mins to swap for me. he even offered to have a courier to pick it up for me if i havent to time to send it down.

he even told me I actually didnt have to go down to HP service center, I could dropped off at the post office and i would have my unit couriered back to me within 72 hours. heck. since it's only 2 hours, i would rather drive down.

totally impresed with HP..

I wonder anyone getting this sort of service from other laptop manufacturers.

for those using laptop as part of the main tool for photography.. give HP a try.. it's almost no downtime.
    Last edited by anka; 23rd June 2006 at 01:51 AM.

Default Re: extreme service support.. from HP

acer do tat oso...it took me less than half an hr to change a faulty part...very fast...
    Buying a DSLR/SLR doesn't make you a photographer. It makes you a DSLR/SLR owner
    My Site

ibm. my friend's laptop was fixed within 4hrs after he called for swapping his slim bay. ibm came down to the school.

but very seldom. ibm hardly gives any problem. im an ibm user.

just wondering...although extreme servuce support

but how about the product quality?

eg; on the 4th screen replacement, he had to search thru whole batch of screens to get the brightest for you. Shouldn't they all be the same in terms of built and quality...
    Cleanse your thoughts, not by the foods you eat.

DEll is the worst I guess.

vince123123
    Guests

I also had very good service with HP during the term of my last Omnibook. Their service is very good and they change and swap faulty parts without questions asked or queries made. The ONLY downside is that their parts tend to break/spoil quite easily so its quite a number of trips to the service centre. However, once you are there, the problem gets resolved very quicktly and smoothly.

Dell's service in the US was tops, in a league of it's own. Dell's service in Singapore is also in a league of it's own, division Z.

Actually, HP had very favourable terms with it's vendors. All the motherboard, LCD, HDD and optiacal drives, are covered by vendor's warranty. Really cost them nothing, but labor and cost to operate the service center.

Great to see good service in Singapore. I pity those who were used to KM good services, and now has to deal with the new owner
    deadpoet
    my portfolio

Always have very good service from them.
    Once I had a PDA which had problem and they sent a engineer down to my office to take a look and replace it on the spot !!. Now the PDA warrenty does not cover collection and repair on site I guess.

can surf web and have kopi whilst waiting too!

i've never (touchwood) had much problems with my HP stuff but the service when things break is exceptional

Well the service seems to be good but aint the laptop seems to b having so much problem to begin with. Just a tot there.

how abt FUJITSU ??
    Stress Man @ work... :bigeyes:

well, i guess it's my usage of it.. i burn CD/DVD while driving..

i usually use my external battery till dead.. usually about 3 times a week for location shoots.

and LCD for laptop always gets dimmer. dunno why.. mac is worst.. my partner's ibook dropped from 130cd to 75cd2. and mac still refuse to change it for him.

i dunno how the engineer looks for the brightest screen but 230cd for a laptop screen is DAMM bright. even my dell 2405 is only at 240 -/+.

they did replace my battery once.. when i was on location shoot. that i forgot to add in. the external and internal battery was suppose to be full charge. internal charged to 7% and external till 72% only. i guess it was dying or has hit it's full count charge cycle. they brought it all the way for me to budget terminal. in 3hrs from the time i made the call.

the only thing i am surprised with is it's 3 years. i paid an extra $200+ for another 3 years. not that i would use it for 6 years.. but heck.. ^_^

oh here is the ODD part.. my DVDR bay.. originally was 2x/2x/16x 1st swap it changed to 4x/4x/24x now it's 8x/8x/24x

Ya, go for HPs...All my servers, computers and printers etc are HPs. You tell them what's wrong, they can change the parts no need to check or ask you funny quetions. And I changed all my 20plus old harddisks to new ones for my all my servers for the last 3 yrs.

I hope the parts can tahan the next 2 or 3 yrs as no more warranty lioa. Ups for HP.....

But notebook, still use Fujitsu. No comment because until now still working fine. Ups for Fujitsu too

Quote Originally Posted by anka
    well, i guess it's my usage of it.. i burn CD/DVD while driving..

i usually use my external battery till dead.. usually about 3 times a week for location shoots.

and LCD for laptop always gets dimmer. dunno why.. mac is worst.. my partner's ibook dropped from 130cd to 75cd2. and mac still refuse to change it for him.

i dunno how the engineer looks for the brightest screen but 230cd for a laptop screen is DAMM bright. even my dell 2405 is only at 240 -/+.

they did replace my battery once.. when i was on location shoot. that i forgot to add in. the external and internal battery was suppose to be full charge. internal charged to 7% and external till 72% only. i guess it was dying or has hit it's full count charge cycle. they brought it all the way for me to budget terminal. in 3hrs from the time i made the call.

the only thing i am surprised with is it's 3 years. i paid an extra $200+ for another 3 years. not that i would use it for 6 years.. but heck.. ^_^

oh here is the ODD part.. my DVDR bay.. originally was 2x/2x/16x 1st swap it changed to 4x/4x/24x now it's 8x/8x/24x

How do you check the figures for your LCD ?

gretag macbeth photo kit.

Glad you like the service ~

Deregistered

Which HP laptop break down so often?

I bought my laptop from them last year when it lunch and was available in China only...They help me order and got it courier to my house...wonderful service..

Default Re: Extreme service support.. from HP

i bought HP stuffs also. they changed my flickering LCD in a blink! very fast service. very gud. No questions asked.

Eh where to get 3 years warranty? from Harvey norman/Best Denki?

I bought HP 2years+ back, so far no problem. Cross my finger Warranty over liao tho.

Deregistered

Quote Originally Posted by sonix
    Eh where to get 3 years warranty? from Harvey norman/Best Denki?

I bought HP 2years+ back, so far no problem. Cross my finger Warranty over liao tho.
    from HP.....

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast