Thread: Portrait of my JC friend

Default Portrait of my JC friend

critiques are welcomed

Default Re: portrait of my JC friend

I like the picture.

Interesting DOF play. The plant and the lady in focus. =) And the lady looking at the plant. Looking for targets for macro shooting? hehe

Anyway, only thing I feel is that the bag is demanding attention more then her in this picture. If she was wearing a top something like the bag and (remove the bag). it would make her more easily focused by viewer Just 2 cents/

Regards,
    tltan

forgot to mention, the red hydrant to her right is pretty eye catching too.

I really liked this pic.

somehow reminds me of my JC days. The quizzical expression is really quite eye catching. Like the way the fence leads you directly to her expression. The DOF is also very nice.

I like the bag, doesn't distract me at all. The bag seems to look quite nice on her else she looks kind of dull. First thing I noticed is the Face, then the branch as her eyes naturally leads me there.
    Last edited by wind30; 23rd June 2006 at 03:51 PM.

thanks..

im glad that u like it~

like wad titan said... interesting use of DOF.... i like the feel of this shot... a success.

Like the composition and the dof. The bag is abit distracting and feel it should be there though. Anyway, thumbs up. Well done.

Default Re: Portrait of my JC friend

i think the bag is okay, because it allows her hands to be in that position and look natural... without the bag... having her hands there wont have looked so natural, and so would just having them at her side.