Thread: Venture Era?

Default Venture Era?

Anyone got approached by employees from this company before?

For recuritment, asking you to buy products and stuff?
    Last edited by redstone; 22nd June 2006 at 07:59 PM.

Default Re: Venture Era?

i got approached before, they are essentially multi-level marketing companies.

if you want to work, find a job that doesn't need you to ask your friends to buy stuff. it's really hard for them to remain your friends for long.

Default Re: Venture Era?

Well....

Working there you don't have monthly or basic pay, only by commission.

And the products are very very expensive. Basically making use of teenagers to make money.

Anyway...my story:

One fine day (not going to be fine later), one of my 'brothers' in sec sch called me down to the company's office (he works there). For?
    "Just listening to presentation" and to pass him something i want to give him at same time.
    Ok I went down. Office at Robinson Point, behind the old TAS Building (Ogilvy Centre) near Lau Pa Sat. Upon reaching the place, he begun to introduce me to the products. Ok... But instead of his, i was made to listen to another classmate's "presentation". I waited very long time, say 1 hour? Before he was finally free to "present". Was sitted at a small table, with the classmate trying to introduce me to the products, which honestly speaking made me very bored. At the end of the 45min or so "presentation", I was asked to grade his speech. Halfway thru, I noticed all others sitting around me were not members of the public, but employees noting down some stuff on notebooks (not those computer kinds) as the classmate spoke. I was getting very impatient. Then 'brother' asked me to stay.

"The manager wants to talk to you". I was like "what on earth"? Ok, I agreed to stay for a while. But I waited for over 15mins and no one showed up, I wanted to leave, and he kept on stopping me, saying "the venue is already booked, you can't leave". Finally after an hour, the so-called manager came in. I was told by 'brother' he wanted to recurit me. But the 'manager' said it was a "business proposal (!!!)" somehow I managed to keep my calm and not get angry. I spoke sternly at the 'manager' and walked out on them.

And so the 'manager'? He's a poly student! No monthly pay too!

Ok.... MLM company. NO monthly pay. Commission only. Very expensive products. Very bad recruitment. Now....

Three of my current classmates were called by Venture to be recruited. According to the caller, their contacts were gotten from a street survey.

Oh my, some company!