View Poll Results: I Got Interested in Photography Because....

Voters
534. You may not vote on this poll
  • I can't draw

120 22.47%
  • I want opportunities to get up close and personal to pretty babes

81 15.17%
  • I want to be able to take great pictures like the masters

266 49.81%
  • I want to record my life and my surroundings as pictures

326 61.05%
  • My friend is interested in photography too.

31 5.81%
  • I am forced to take up photography

8 1.50%
  • I want to show my kids some of his papa's nice memories.

101 18.91%
Multiple Choice Poll.
Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ... 2567

Thread: I Got Interested in Photography Because....

Default Re: I Got Interested in Photography Because....

I want to record my life and my surroundings as pictures, not only in colours but also in InfraRed.

The real motivation is because InfraRed photography, that I took up photography. Till to date, I am still shooting IR.
    莫问前程有愧,只求今生无悔. Time pasts, Places changed, Beauty faded, what is left are Photos of Memories…

i realised it's in my blood & i can't live without it !!

to increase my collection here
    http://elrilmatheren.multiply.com/

Actually I've always like to take pictures of celebraties and landscapes , REALLY ... I had lots of disappointments where I had to camp n squeeze in crowds just to get trash quality shots of the celebraties, and besides, I really like landscape (but no $ to go overseas to shoot), I'm especially interested with shots with lighting in them . N besides, I've always been snapping away at friends during gathering with HP, PnS etc ...

At least, this is healthier than my previous 2 hobbies:
    1. Online Gaming - Yes, I still play online games, but not as often ...
    2. Hardware Hobbylist - At least the BBB poison in photography isn't really as poisonous as Hardware where you really gotta BBB everytime your hand itch for that new piece of equipment which just released

Although shooting girls is addictive, but that isn't the main reason for me to begin REALLY ...Option 3 n 4 for me plz ...
    Every Photo Speaks for its Photographer. 开心就好。
    I wanna be the no.1 GWC !!!

i first saw a SLR in 1982 when i still in primary school..it was chinon and didnt have any money to start this hobby...then somehow forgotten about it until something in 1997..picked up the hobby to take pictures of my girlfren...now GF also gone liao but realise still love photography...though taking much lesser photos already....i realised i wouldnt sell my gear cos i know i still love photography thought time don permit regular shooting sessions...for me i find makes me see at the beautiful side of things when i take photos
    Last edited by surge; 7th January 2007 at 12:14 AM.

I got hooked when I was secondary 2, using my friend's ancient Olympus OM10. It unfortunately spoilt a few months after, and I left it at that till this year, when my other friend's Canon DSLR 20D lighted a fire in me. Currently planning hard to reenter the photography world.

i am interested in nature and would like to share what i see with everyone.
    Plus the places i go to take the pictures are usually restricted and out-of-bounds to the general public =P but dun worry i enter there with a special research permit

i got 3 of them...
    I can't draw
    I want to be able to take great pictures like the masters
    I want to record my life and my surroundings as pictures

actually, photography is mainly a medium in which I recognise my aesthetic interpretations of the world with it. As with other artists, sculptors, critics, etc.

Quote Originally Posted by oTaRu View Post
    i got 3 of them...
    I can't draw
    I want to be able to take great pictures like the masters
    I want to record my life and my surroundings as pictures
    same! and i also really really enjoy it. it takes my mind off spending money on cars (for now =P).
    5D | 24-70L | 28mm f/1.8 | 580EX

For memories sake so I can just look at my photos and remember what happened that day.
    And also to be very honest...to take chiobus

Mainly due to the arrival of my son... wanted to take the best of him at every moment of his life

Quote Originally Posted by Bobo View Post
    I want to show my kid's thiers, because I have less than 50 photo of my child hood. As of new born to 10 yrs old. Now I got nearly a thousand shots for my 3 yr old and a few hundred for the 4 month. Life is beautiful....

OMG ... this is why i bought my first DSLR as well... i wanted to document the happy moments and sad moments in my life..so i may one day look back at these photos with my family and children.

My late father wasnt much of a photo person. so i have little or no childhood photos, i also dont have many photos to remember him by, though he lives on in my heart.

i want my children to have some visual aid when they think of their daddy many many years from now. im 25 now. but one day i will be 65. its hard to remember 40yrs, but with photos its easier.

Quote Originally Posted by chanmin View Post
    OMG ... this is why i bought my first DSLR as well... i wanted to document the happy moments and sad moments in my life..so i may one day look back at these photos with my family and children.

My late father wasnt much of a photo person. so i have little or no childhood photos, i also dont have many photos to remember him by, though he lives on in my heart.

i want my children to have some visual aid when they think of their daddy many many years from now. im 25 now. but one day i will be 65. its hard to remember 40yrs, but with photos its easier.
    Ya, and so that my son has lots of photos to choose from when he is showing his photo montage during his wedding :P

still cannot vote. don't know why.

like photography because i cannot draw. and it's the 5th dimension! therapeutic.

Default old sound clicking

Quote Originally Posted by chanmin View Post

Somehow, in a strange manner, I can relate to that. I'm luckier, have some photos to remember him by. Since picking up photography as a hobby though, I'm finding lesser and lesser pictures of myself inside snapshots. More as a record, like photo journal, of places you've been to and people you've met. Memories in your heart. Cheers. Snap lots mate.

yup .. im rarely in the photos as well..

i guess its whats around us that we are trying to preserve through photography.

Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ... 2567