View Poll Results: I Got Interested in Photography Because....

Voters
534. You may not vote on this poll
  • I can't draw

120 22.47%
  • I want opportunities to get up close and personal to pretty babes

81 15.17%
  • I want to be able to take great pictures like the masters

266 49.81%
  • I want to record my life and my surroundings as pictures

326 61.05%
  • My friend is interested in photography too.

31 5.81%
  • I am forced to take up photography

8 1.50%
  • I want to show my kids some of his papa's nice memories.

101 18.91%
Multiple Choice Poll.
Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst ... 4567 LastLast

Thread: I Got Interested in Photography Because....

for me, i saw my father's f601, picked it up, and just can't resist putting it down.

The Survivor series finished on TV, what else was there to do !
    Time, is an effortless construction :)

My dad bought me an E-300 just to take pictures in our South Africa trip to come!

Been interested in photography since then (march '05)

so many precious moments around, but even with a camera, its hard to capture everything down

Hey....the teachers were pretty then, what better excuse than to join the school's photography club!

Into photography was to capture some stolen moments before it fades.. photographs can make you cry, make you sad, make you sigh, make you smile, reminds you of the funny forgotten feelings

Talking Why I am into photography

Hopefully my teachers dun see this....

In my sec school it is compulsary for every student to have 2 ECA (think now is called CCA... why they cannot make up their mind and keep changing name). 1 sports and 1 club. Me super lazy did not join any club so i kena assigned to photographic cos they need students to develop I/C photos for whole school.... Seniors take photo juniors develop... After I got the hang of it, I realized who I dun like i can add stuff to their pics... not only that, being photographic club member can skip lessons and follow school sports team out when they compete in meets.... can skip lesson man... then after finish sec school kena stuck with equipment.... so continue on and fall deeper and deeper into this trap.....

Quote Originally Posted by idor
    Hopefully my teachers dun see this....

In my sec school it is compulsary for every student to have 2 ECA (think now is called CCA... why they cannot make up their mind and keep changing name). 1 sports and 1 club. Me super lazy did not join any club so i kena assigned to photographic cos they need students to develop I/C photos for whole school.... Seniors take photo juniors develop... After I got the hang of it, I realized who I dun like i can add stuff to their pics... not only that, being photographic club member can skip lessons and follow school sports team out when they compete in meets.... can skip lesson man... then after finish sec school kena stuck with equipment.... so continue on and fall deeper and deeper into this trap.....
    So good that your school got photography club. I don't have such a club when I was in sec school.

To capture those magical moments/pictures pple will stare and stare.... for all the right reasons of course!!!

im juz awed by the surreal feeling of drawings n paintings and also the awe inspiring moments captured by photographs.

I paint what cannot be photographed, that which comes from the imagination or from dreams, or from an unconscious drive.
    Man Ray

I photograph the things that I do not wish to paint, the things which already have an existence.
    Man Ray

Default Great...

Just great! I don't why! Just like it! and feel good when a satisfying shot is taken!
    Feel good when see a satisfying shot is taken by a fellow photographer!
    Feel good.. when... just feel good
    Don't you have the same feeling...

Yappy & happy

Again it is me...

PHOTOGRAPHY IS GREAT!.. I CAN'T THINK OF ANY OTHER REASON!
    There is a vast of great knowledge in it.. be it optical.. light.. IR.... depth of field..aperture... automatic... wb.. angle of short.. framing..speed.. cloth curtan.. metal curtain....ISO.. flash..

it can digital but you can't run away from basic...

Yappy & happy

because I have memory problem.......

I want to record my life and my surroundings as pictures
    this is my choice.
    +share the nice pictures with my family and friends.

Default Re: I Got Interested in Photography Because....

Cos I wanted to show the world thru my eye, and I got addicted

Thumbs up Re: I Got Interested in Photography Because....

I discovered that photography is such an excellent networking tool. Being a professional photographer, I have a 'license' to meet very important people, celebrities and permission to enter premises that are otherwise out of bounds to the layman. If you're sociable, like to travel and enjoy meeting new people, photography gives you this edge. I have been engaged by a local tour company to cover a trip to China, all costs paid for and on a separate trip to Shanghai for the HSBC CHAMPIONS match I met Tiger Woods and other golf professionals while on another overseas assignment to Indonesia, I met Indonesian President, Prime Minister of East Timorleste and economic leaders from Malaysia, Thailand, Philippines, Australia and Singapore where I met Singapore Defence Minister.

Under normal circumstances, you don't get anywhere near these folks but as official photographer you're in a unique position that allows you to pose them in a group photograph session. In the presence of a photographer, people's mood are often relaxed and cheerful. Perhaps in exceptional cases, photographers are non-threatening and mingle well among people of all walks of life.

lol. I got interested in photography mainly because of my best pal's interest and it so happened that year (sept 2005) that photography was the End of Year exam component for my O level Higher Art.

Then, after that, I soon moved on to Flickr, experimented with more equipment, and thus, I am what I am today -- a photographer, not perfect, still learning, but nevertheless one at that.

I started in Primary Six when I was given a Vivitar 110 camera. I was the only one in class who actually owns a camera then.

seeing beautiful things and recording them

For capturing that perfect moment that will bring a smile and a laugh for many, many years to come.

Happy New Year!
    My Webspace
    ##See and listen with your heart, for beauty will reveal thyself##

Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst ... 4567 LastLast