View Poll Results: I Got Interested in Photography Because....

Voters
534. You may not vote on this poll
  • I can't draw

120 22.47%
  • I want opportunities to get up close and personal to pretty babes

81 15.17%
  • I want to be able to take great pictures like the masters

266 49.81%
  • I want to record my life and my surroundings as pictures

326 61.05%
  • My friend is interested in photography too.

31 5.81%
  • I am forced to take up photography

8 1.50%
  • I want to show my kids some of his papa's nice memories.

101 18.91%
Multiple Choice Poll.
Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: I Got Interested in Photography Because....

Originally posted by SniperD
    You guys read National Geographic? Yeah, the reason is there within.. at least for me personally.

been mesmorised by the photography within NG since primary school but no resources to get even a simple P&S then.. now it's full fledged come-back!
    same here ...

There isn't an option here "because I like powerful equipment"
    That's the sad truth, I loved equipment like mad when I started back in 1993. I was in Sec 2, visceral stuff just appealed to me. From 1996 onwards, everything started to change. It's still undergoing change till now.

Because I like to capture the memories of my past.

Default Re: I Got Interested in Photography Because....

Originally posted by ckiang
    tell us! Don't be shy to admit the real reason.
    Family interest. Strong influence from brother.

Originally posted by Scriabinesque
    There isn't an option here "because I like powerful equipment"
    That's the sad truth, I loved equipment like mad when I started back in 1993. I was in Sec 2, visceral stuff just appealed to me. From 1996 onwards, everything started to change. It's still undergoing change till now.
    Well, lucky we don't have fighter jets flying around like private cars man or you will be one of them sitting in there.

Just kidding...

For my case, its rather ironic though. I remember when I was a kid, my dad used to take us out for photo shoot (his interest) and I will always have to carry his tripod around. Imagine a kid of 8 or 9 lugging a big tripod? I promised myself I would never touch a camera when I grow up... Guess I broke my promise...

my pa loved to take pictures too, but he wasn't as serious as yours.....heh. At least he didn't make me carry a freaking heavy tripod.....the tripod was light enough

I start up photogarphy because I thinked it is part of bachelor life. When I got married later, I no longer shoot outdoor scene, I shoot my wife.

Cheers.

Hi to all.. me new to Clubsnap, but not new to photography..
    Passion is the driving factor for me to continue this so expensive hobby.. Cheers

my pa loved to take pictures too, but he wasn't as serious as yours.....heh. At least he didn't make me carry a freaking heavy tripod.....the tripod was light enough
    Guess we almost fell into the same category...??

I got interested in photography 35 years ago when I was given a Kodak Instamatic for xmas at the age of 5.

Even back then I would shoot a few cartridges of film in an afternoon, I would take photos of anything and everything. I was sending my parents broke on film and processing costs

So have been taken photos basically ever since except for a few years off after a setback. I picked up the bug again just before xmas with the purchase of a new digital and 35mm outfits.
    Last edited by james m; 23rd January 2003 at 07:48 PM.

Originally posted by Andy Ho

Guess we almost fell into the same category...??
    Hehheh. Well I suppose so, but at least I didn't hate nor swear by not touching the camera.....anyway, I have migrated from liking sophisticated equipment to simple rickety wooden boxes over the years of study. haha. Now looking back I felt I was damn superficial. As adapted from Mao Tze Dong's quote,"Any camera that can capture an image decently is a good camera."
    Last edited by Scriabinesque; 23rd January 2003 at 10:55 PM.

Originally posted by suhaimig
    I start up photogarphy because I thinked it is part of bachelor life. When I got married later, I no longer shoot outdoor scene, I shoot my wife.

Cheers.
    Wow this is a very open ended answer.

As adapted from Mao Tze Dong's quote,"Any camera that can capture an image decently is a good camera."
    Well, way to go man. I fully agree!! Though I am using Nikon F100 and D100, I really missed the simplicity of using the FM2n which I regretfully sold off at one time when I was using Nikon F5. Thought I won't need it anymore...

Andy Ho

Well, I went on a trip on impulse, to KL, decided at 3pm and was in KL by 7pm. Spent two nights there and think that my leave will be wasted when I come back to Singapore (actually I was forced to clear those leave or it will be forfeited the next year) and second day in KL, I decided to go China, flew off on the morning of my 3rd day in KL. But unfortunately, I don't have a camera with me to capture those beautiful views of Beijing and North-Eastern China in winter.

Bought a cheap point and click camera only to find that it sometimes work and sometimes doesn't (-16 deg in Shenyang I suppose) a lot of beautiful sights were not captured on film. And I got myself a digicam when I came back to explore photography.
    Last edited by Cookee; 24th January 2003 at 09:10 AM.

>>I Got Interested in Photography Because....

I don't have a life...

becos...........of HK night scene...........and of cos, candids of my friends and family^_^

[also love video...........but...............no $$ ~~]
    DSLR newbie: 400D + Tamron 18-200mm + 50mm F1.8 (i simply love it!)
    Canon G2

i start photography coz my friend have one..dat was some years ago...other camera is good though but now i,m kinda attach to my FM2...will never let it go....

to capture scenes that that I can viewed with my eyes. Train myself in composing shots, cos it's another form of creativity (right brain activity)

becoz
    N year before(while i was still highschool), my classmate brought a LEICA slr his dad bought for him to class, showing off.

And becoz
    i took hold of it, had some shots and not realizing the meaning of "LEICA"(and the pricing), found that the photos my fren processed were super nice......

Thus I had the thinking that "Wow.. Nice.....this is photography"

Till date, i am still hooked onto canon..... Yet to have to ability to have my own leica.

That is how it all begins.

snowman
    Guests

always loved looking thru the tiny hole(viewfinder) and clicking away.....

Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast