Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Naughty by Nature photo studio

Default Re: Naughty by Nature photo studio

Quote Originally Posted by Suekay
    My gf went to a free makeover shoot one month ago, end up she paid more than what she expected. So nothing is free... Esp, those MakeOver, Yoga Centre, Fitness Centre,...etc. Really cant stand their push-selling, once you tell them you are not going to buy, their attitude change immediately... So rude.
    Hmmm, sounds and feels very very familiar.

Irritating... I told the lady this morning when she called again. "I'm NOT INTERESTED"

Good thing she got the message and gave up

Long time ago, there used to be those time-share holiday scam.

Not long ago, the Nigerian big jackpot scam.

And magic stone scam, hifi set scan and so forth.

You only fall into such trap if you're greedy, going for some freebies. If you remember that Nothing IS for Free, you will be OK.

And a colleague just told me that there is a scam-upon-scam - you got to pay them transfer fee so that they will sell your time-share membership to another fool!
    Last edited by smallaperture; 23rd June 2006 at 02:43 PM.
    I love big car, big house, big lenses, but small apertures.

Easy, next time if they call, just tell them that u run a photography studio. Confirm, chop wun call u back.
    "Wonders of the Human Mind. Unfathomable to the highest degree."

Quote Originally Posted by jsbn
    Easy, next time if they call, just tell them that u run a photography studio. Confirm, chop wun call u back.
    I will reply them that what luck I have, I am just looking for a studio to hire me to shoot. My charges are reasonable - $2000 per day. If they hire me If not, I guess they will not disturb me anymore.

Quote Originally Posted by jsbn
    Good one So if the Time Shares call, tell them u are a Broker.

Definite Con Job

Wifey also got a call. Went there, they were super nice, asking a lot of questions (actually they were sizing you up if you can afford their packages).

Got pissed off when they said if we don't take their package we cannot go back to their studio. Cos they don't take walk-ins - all for appointments by VIP card holders only.

Don't ever go there - real con job.

This kinda promotions reminds me of the many Travel Time-share ''promotions'' that were abundant a few years ago.

A total waste of time.....

Quote Originally Posted by mpenza
    can check out this old thread..... http://forums.clubsnap.org/showthrea...ghty+by+nature

seems that it's still very much in business. i got called 2-3 times liao.

if u can tahan hardselling, can go try. but the portfolio on their website doesn't look too good.
    Hardsell urself back.

Whenever I run into bridal studio exhibitions (cos I was looking thru the album to see the photos) and get harassed, I turn around and say, "Would u want to engage me instead? U're rubbing up the wrong tree...."
    "Wonders of the Human Mind. Unfathomable to the highest degree."

Or you tell them you are busy now, ask them for their HOME number or HP number, say you will call them back later tonight when you have more time.

They will say they don't give out their personal contact details to which you can then tell them., "so what makes you think I'd like to have my personal number given to you to sell me something?"

Quote Originally Posted by G-man
    Or you tell them you are busy now, ask them for their HOME number or HP number, say you will call them back later tonight when you have more time.

They will say they don't give out their personal contact details to which you can then tell them., "so what makes you think I'd like to have my personal number given to you to sell me something?"

Or.....

NBM: "Hello, is this Mr Tan? Congrats, you had (blah blah blah)"

You: "Sorry, I'm not Mr Tan, I am his friend (insert name of very very famous photographer) he's busy right now can I help you?"

NBM: "....he's won a photoshoot"

You: "Oh really? Why does he need you when I can shoot him for free?"

NBM: "Hello, is this Mr Tan? Congrats, you had (blah blah blah)"
    You: "Wow, hey will you be interested in hiring me? I'm a newly grad lawyer...."
    Last edited by redstone; 30th July 2006 at 03:18 PM.

Lol.. really so bad ah ? Can you imagine the irony if they r actually e mem of clubsnap , lookin @ all these critic..

Quote Originally Posted by hub_bo
    Lol.. really so bad ah ? Can you imagine the irony if they r actually e mem of clubsnap , lookin @ all these critic..
    Better. they have notorious tactics

Jus tell NBN caller you already got a TFCD package by CS. (sometimes you get paid too)

Sure end of story.
    Gallery | Facebook Page Spreading the Good photography.

I'd got similar experience more than one and half yrs back!
    Similarly they'd called to say that I was chosen for a free makeover shoot for a newly opened photo studio (did not mention name at that time). I was told the new branch was located at Raffles city. As I was curious in how they worked, I juz agreed to turn up (just resigned my job and very free at that time anyway.)
    then somehow they'd called again to say the location changed at the very last minute because the new branch at Raffles was not ready yet. I was already very suspicious, but gamely went to see what they were up to.
    I went and It turns out to be NbN. A few friendly photographers, many super friendly part time staffs, a few 'ah kua' & bitchy make up artists, and a cool looking Ang Mo manager(went round flirting with female customers) .
    then it was *powder powder face... blow blow gel gel hair* ... *snap snap snap ... many photos taken* ... 10 mins of photoshop on best pic ... and hardsell tok for an hour plus ...
    Of coz, knowing that it's a 'scam' trick to charge super expensive fees for a few photos and packages, I stubbornly refused all their hardsell packages.
    Although they's deleted all the photos taken, I managed to got hold of 1 unedited photo taken as 'Souvenir' (to laugh abt it later )
    Saw so many aunties falling for their 'tricks' that day. So beware, warn your mama, wives, GF abt this kind of scams!!

Don't go there. My sifu told me the photographers there standard no good.

Quote Originally Posted by rayblade
    Don't go there. My sifu told me the photographers there standard no good.
    Why do u think so many photographers here refuse to buy their package?

Quote Originally Posted by CreaXion
    Why do u think so many photographers here refuse to buy their package?
    Still got some people pay them. From what I heard that the photographers can take as many pics as they like then the sales dept. people choose a few good ones & give to the customers.
    Last edited by rayblade; 15th August 2006 at 09:39 AM.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12