Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Results 21 to 30 of 30

Thread: My experience in hospital, few months ago....

  1. #21
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jul 2002
    Location
    Planet Eropagnis
    Posts
    2,944

    Default Re: My experience in hospital, few months ago....

    Quote Originally Posted by Artosoft
    Hehehe... I remember my friend experience in government hospital because hemorrhoids. 1 docter, but almost a dozen student docters want to visit him everyday (and stick their finger in his *n*l). The student doctors not come in group. One by one. He can't rest. Even one student docter ask him "do you know who am I?". My friend thinking "wth, I am not paying you, you should pay me because you use my body to study (and put your finger in my *n*l), somemore asking 'who am I...'". After discharge, he say next time he goes to private hospital. Pay more but can rest .

    Regards,
    Arto.
    I was pretty fortunate not to have visiting student doctors. The last thing I'll need, under half-sedation, is to have idiots poking around the operated area of my knee.

    If its so bad, I'm opting for A2 ward for my next surgery. Never mind if I've to pay like $1K+ per night. Scarly not enuff beds for A2, they upgrade me to A1 like the last time... B2 free upgrade to B1. hehehehe.....
    "Wonders of the Human Mind. Unfathomable to the highest degree."

  2. #22

    Default Re: My experience in hospital, few months ago....

    Quote Originally Posted by Artosoft
    Hehehe... I remember my friend experience in government hospital because hemorrhoids. 1 docter, but almost a dozen student docters want to visit him everyday (and stick their finger in his *n*l). The student doctors not come in group. One by one. He can't rest. Even one student docter ask him "do you know who am I?". My friend thinking "wth, I am not paying you, you should pay me because you use my body to study (and put your finger in my *n*l), somemore asking 'who am I...'". After discharge, he say next time he will go to private hospital. Pay more but can rest .

    Regards,
    Arto.
    Never had that problem, doctor do their rounds during the morning, in class A wards, they know better to disturb the patients. But I don't think the same can be said for the other wards
    Bloggerfly - Migrated my Blog
    Bloggerfly Gallery

  3. #23

    Default Re: My experience in hospital, few months ago....

    Just wear ear plugs and sleep! I bring ear plugs on buses, public spaces, on airplanes, anywhere when i dun want people to disturb me.

    For hospitals, I feel one should choose A or B1 when the selection of the surgeon is important. Else B2 / C is so much cheaper. Between A and B1, there's 'only' 10-20% difference. I accompanied my gf for a 6day stay at SGH at a A+ ward, was pretty good. Carpeted, my make-shift bed was next to hers (only down side is the staff would wake me at ~730-800am to clear away the bed...grrr. And we had mini-parties where friends come to celebrate birthdays, play music, order Pizza etc.

  4. #24
    Deregistered
    Join Date
    Dec 2002
    Location
    Singapore
    Posts
    6,601

    Default Re: My experience in hospital, few months ago....

    Remember, your subsidy for higher class wards would be correspondingly lesser than lower ones. Main thing intended is that level of care is constant, but the creature comforts are different.

  5. #25
    Member
    Join Date
    Feb 2006
    Location
    Western
    Posts
    134

    Default Re: My experience in hospital, few months ago....

    should tell him, if his bro wanna slp..
    ask him good home slp than fly kite lah!

  6. #26
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jul 2002
    Location
    Planet Eropagnis
    Posts
    2,944

    Default Re: My experience in hospital, few months ago....

    Quote Originally Posted by di0nysus
    Just wear ear plugs and sleep! I bring ear plugs on buses, public spaces, on airplanes, anywhere when i dun want people to disturb me.

    For hospitals, I feel one should choose A or B1 when the selection of the surgeon is important. Else B2 / C is so much cheaper. Between A and B1, there's 'only' 10-20% difference. I accompanied my gf for a 6day stay at SGH at a A+ ward, was pretty good. Carpeted, my make-shift bed was next to hers (only down side is the staff would wake me at ~730-800am to clear away the bed...grrr. And we had mini-parties where friends come to celebrate birthdays, play music, order Pizza etc.
    Well, u can always play on ur store of luck.

    Select a B2 and hope that there's no more space left at B2 wards so that u'll get a free upgrade to B1.
    "Wonders of the Human Mind. Unfathomable to the highest degree."

  7. #27

    Default Re: My experience in hospital, few months ago....

    Quote Originally Posted by Artosoft
    Dear all,

    Want to know your reaction if you are in my position:

    Few months ago I need to stay at hospital. It is 4 rooms beds. Beside me laying a man in his 20. He have plenty of visitors. Even the visit hour is over at 8:00pm, the quests still talking and talking loudly. Make me can't sleep. So the others 2 patients. 1 or 2 times the nurse ask them nicely to lowering down their voice. But only for several minutes before they talk loudly again. So I turn on TV, set the volume the lowest, put the speaker near my ear, so only I can hear it. I don't want to disturb the rest.

    At 9:30pm, the quests go back, and left only one guy (maybe patient's brother). And the man try to sleep. The man's brother coming near to me and ask me: "could you please turn down the tv's volume, my brother want to sleep".



    Regards,
    Arto.
    One, you are disturbed.
    Two, he is disturbed.

    Both also not right leh..

    If u want to argue who is more wrong, then cannot finish liao...

  8. #28

    Default Re: My experience in hospital, few months ago....

    When you landed in hospital, I dun think you feel like arguing with anyone, So compromise. Problem with people these days, lack social understanding, we tolerant less than before, complaining about everything. We sometimes forget how to be considerant to others and only if you lying in the bed with stitches on your body, discomfort or pain each time you move, will you realised patients require alot of rest. Thats one reason why I always prefer a single room, at least you don't have to worry about disturbing others resting, have your friends over for chitchat after visiting hours, playing games on the laptop or watching tv in peace :P. You guys should write a feedback to the hospital about such issues. I wrote alot while resting at home for 3mths, letting them know how you think they can improve, but of cos, I also sent a thankyou card to the nurses for taking care of me
    Bloggerfly - Migrated my Blog
    Bloggerfly Gallery

  9. #29
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Aug 2005
    Location
    Tanjong Katong
    Posts
    3,710

    Default Re: My experience in hospital, few months ago....

    Quote Originally Posted by Caspere
    One, you are disturbed.
    Two, he is disturbed.

    Both also not right leh..

    If u want to argue who is more wrong, then cannot finish liao...
    Wrong...

    One, I am disturbed.
    Two, his brother is disturbing me .

    Why I am wrong? My bed have a TV set, the rest also have, and I put consideration on the TV sound. I am sure only me can hear, since I put the lowest one. Unless he have bionic ear.

    Cheers.

    Regards,
    Arto.
    Last edited by Artosoft; 23rd June 2006 at 03:51 PM.

  10. #30

    Default Re: My experience in hospital, few months ago....

    Cool it. We only hear one side of your story. Why are you admitted? Not some hearing problem, I hope. Since the brother asked you to lower the volume, it means that it's audible from the patient bed. From the words you quoted, the brother asked politely.You can follow suit and lower the volume and raise it after a while.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •