Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 20 of 30

Thread: My experience in hospital, few months ago....

  1. #1
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Aug 2005
    Location
    Tanjong Katong
    Posts
    3,710

    Default My experience in hospital, few months ago....

    Dear all,

    Want to know your reaction if you are in my position:

    Few months ago I need to stay at hospital. It is 4 rooms beds. Beside me laying a man in his 20. He have plenty of visitors. Even the visit hour is over at 8:00pm, the quests still talking and talking loudly. Make me can't sleep. So the others 2 patients. 1 or 2 times the nurse ask them nicely to lowering down their voice. But only for several minutes before they talk loudly again. So I turn on TV, set the volume the lowest, put the speaker near my ear, so only I can hear it. I don't want to disturb the rest.

    At 9:30pm, the quests go back, and left only one guy (maybe patient's brother). And the man try to sleep. The man's brother coming near to me and ask me: "could you please turn down the tv's volume, my brother want to sleep".



    Regards,
    Arto.

  2. #2
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Nov 2004
    Location
    strewberry farm
    Posts
    256

    Default Re: My experience in hospital, few months ago....

    Quote Originally Posted by Artosoft
    Dear all,

    Want to know your reaction if you are in my position:

    Few months ago I need to stay at hospital. It is 4 rooms beds. Beside me laying a man in his 20. He have plenty of visitors. Even the visit hour is over at 8:00pm, the quests still talking and talking loudly. Make me can't sleep. So the others 2 patients. 1 or 2 times the nurse ask them nicely to lowering down their voice. But only for several minutes before they talk loudly again. So I turn on TV, set the volume the lowest, put the speaker near my ear, so only I can hear it. I don't want to disturb the rest.

    At 9:30pm, the quests go back, and left only one guy (maybe patient's brother). And the man try to sleep. The man's brother coming near to me and ask me: "could you please turn down the tv's volume, my brother want to sleep".



    Regards,
    Arto.
    Told him, if you were allow to sleep earlier, this problems will never exsit..

  3. #3
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Aug 2005
    Location
    Local
    Posts
    1,609

    Default Re: My experience in hospital, few months ago....

    Quote Originally Posted by clarinet
    Told him, if you were allow to sleep earlier, this problems will never exsit..
    ..

  4. #4
    Member/Tangshooter
    Join Date
    May 2006
    Location
    ClubSNAP Community
    Posts
    3,118

    Default Re: My experience in hospital, few months ago....

    U are not the first bro...though i'm also a singaporean, but i must say most singaporeans are selfish...never place themselves in other people's shoe..a failure in the education system..

    "...knowledge is what we've gain, but ethics are what we've lost."

    one more example:
    a driver who can't wait patiently in car stuck in traffic jam, can queue 30-40mins for hawker food..

    what is happening singaporeans
    This is an electronic post which requires no signature.

  5. #5
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Aug 2005
    Location
    Tanjong Katong
    Posts
    3,710

    Default Re: My experience in hospital, few months ago....

    Quote Originally Posted by blazer_workz
    one more example:
    a driver who can't wait patiently in car stuck in traffic jam, can queue 30-40mins for hawker food..

    I think the car case one is "no choice". Queue in hawker food case is "by choice"


    Regards,
    Arto.

  6. #6
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Location
    sewage drain/manhole
    Posts
    5,011

    Default Re: My experience in hospital, few months ago....

    Quote Originally Posted by Artosoft
    Dear all,


    Few months ago I need to stay at hospital. It is 4 rooms beds. Beside me laying a man in his 20. He have plenty of visitors. Even the visit hour is over at 8:00pm, the quests still talking and talking loudly. Make me can't sleep. So the others 2 patients. 1 or 2 times the nurse ask them nicely to lowering down their voice. But only for several minutes before they talk loudly again.
    Happen to me too when I was in hospital last Sept for a operation. I call the management to have the visitor chase out of the ward.

    There is another visitior room where the patient/visitors can go and have whatever chat as loud as possible in side the visitior room.

  7. #7
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Aug 2005
    Location
    Tanjong Katong
    Posts
    3,710

    Default Re: My experience in hospital, few months ago....

    Quote Originally Posted by clarinet
    Told him, if you were allow to sleep earlier, this problems will never exsit..
    That time I just turn off the TV and sleep. Hopefuly I no need to have a second change like that again, I mean stay at hospital again .

    Regards,
    Arto.

  8. #8

    Default Re: My experience in hospital, few months ago....

    Ask him back:
    "Could you please ask your friends to lower their voice after visiting hours, I'm trying to sleep?"

    Haven't you heard the news? Singapore ranked in the lower 30's among cities for courtesy, what do you expect?

    I hope you recover from whatever you are doing in the hospital.

  9. #9
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Aug 2005
    Location
    Tanjong Katong
    Posts
    3,710

    Default Re: My experience in hospital, few months ago....

    Quote Originally Posted by Myfz1
    Ask him back:
    "Could you please ask your friends to lower their voice after visiting hours, I'm trying to sleep?"

    Haven't you heard the news? Singapore ranked in the lower 30's among cities for courtesy, what do you expect?

    I hope you recover from whatever you are doing in the hospital.
    Thanks for suggestion. I hope I no need to use it . Usually some patient (and family) are nice. Believe me, I have seen a lots of nice people in hospital. But that patient family is different. Heh... Maybe because he is too care of his brother . Hope he is fully recover now.

    Thanks again, I am doing fine right now .

    Regards,
    Arto.

  10. #10
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jul 2002
    Location
    Planet Eropagnis
    Posts
    2,944

    Default Re: My experience in hospital, few months ago....

    Quote Originally Posted by Artosoft
    Dear all,

    Want to know your reaction if you are in my position:

    Few months ago I need to stay at hospital. It is 4 rooms beds. Beside me laying a man in his 20. He have plenty of visitors. Even the visit hour is over at 8:00pm, the quests still talking and talking loudly. Make me can't sleep. So the others 2 patients. 1 or 2 times the nurse ask them nicely to lowering down their voice. But only for several minutes before they talk loudly again. So I turn on TV, set the volume the lowest, put the speaker near my ear, so only I can hear it. I don't want to disturb the rest.

    At 9:30pm, the quests go back, and left only one guy (maybe patient's brother). And the man try to sleep. The man's brother coming near to me and ask me: "could you please turn down the tv's volume, my brother want to sleep".



    Regards,
    Arto.
    A couple of months ago, I was in hospital too. A day's stay and fully understand what u're going thru that moment in time. But I spent half my time sleeping and din bother with the television.

    If I'm in ur position, I'd choose to play the role of the bad guy. I would not even bother turning on the television and just simply raising my voice, "HELLO?! MIND IF U ALL SHUT UP? 3 OF US WOULD LIKE TO SLEEP." subsequently calling for the nurse and informing her to evict all unnecessary objects from the room.

    This would be sufficient to shock those buggers into silence as well as to let them know that there ARE people who are absolutely pissed off at the disturbance.

    Fortunately, I do not have to deal with such ppl on my last stay. The NSF opposite my bed, warded for a similar aliment, both of us are quite accomodating towards each other.
    "Wonders of the Human Mind. Unfathomable to the highest degree."

  11. #11
    Senior Member G-man's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Location
    My House
    Posts
    2,216

    Default Re: My experience in hospital, few months ago....

    Quote Originally Posted by Artosoft
    Dear all,

    Want to know your reaction if you are in my position:

    Few months ago I need to stay at hospital. It is 4 rooms beds. Beside me laying a man in his 20. He have plenty of visitors. Even the visit hour is over at 8:00pm, the quests still talking and talking loudly. Make me can't sleep. So the others 2 patients. 1 or 2 times the nurse ask them nicely to lowering down their voice. But only for several minutes before they talk loudly again. So I turn on TV, set the volume the lowest, put the speaker near my ear, so only I can hear it. I don't want to disturb the rest.

    At 9:30pm, the quests go back, and left only one guy (maybe patient's brother). And the man try to sleep. The man's brother coming near to me and ask me: "could you please turn down the tv's volume, my brother want to sleep".



    Regards,
    Arto.



  12. #12
    Member/Tangshooter
    Join Date
    May 2006
    Location
    ClubSNAP Community
    Posts
    3,118

    Default Re: My experience in hospital, few months ago....

    Quote Originally Posted by G-man

    This is an electronic post which requires no signature.

  13. #13

    Default Re: My experience in hospital, few months ago....

    Never had such ward experience like you before.

    But let me share with you all my own. It was the time when I kena denge fever in secondary school .

    I was having fever at 40 degrees...man. Then the admistrative process really sucked so my dad demanded faster treatment, so I was offered a single person ward for the standard charge of a 4-person ward...lol. No need to wear headset for TV, more controls over the bed, more privacy. However that lasted only for about 1 day. Did I mention that the nurse there was better... .

    Then I moved a 4-person ward.

    Btw, what do u mean when you put the speakers near you ears...?

  14. #14
    Senior Member +evenstar's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Location
    Singapore / United Kingdom
    Posts
    5,655

    Default Re: My experience in hospital, few months ago....

    Quote Originally Posted by blazer_workz

    one more example:
    a driver who can't wait patiently in car stuck in traffic jam, can queue 30-40mins for hawker food..

    what is happening singaporeans

    At a traffic junction, drivers know that cars going straight have the right to advance when the light shows green, and cars going in the opposite have to give way should they want to make a turn and only turn when the road is clear.

    What I saw today was:

    Direction A: Road was clear
    Direction B (Opp dir): SBS bus sees opposite road clear and makes his turn.
    Dir A: Out of nowhere came this sports car hurling down the road. Driver sees the SBS bus and horns like there's no tomorrow, while continuing to step on the accelerator.

    these drivers can bother to press their horn, but cannot use the time to lift their legs off the accelerator for a sec to let the other vehicle pass first. not as if that 1 or 2 sec dalay will cause them their lives.
    eat. drink. shoot

  15. #15
    Member/Tangshooter
    Join Date
    May 2006
    Location
    ClubSNAP Community
    Posts
    3,118

    Default Re: My experience in hospital, few months ago....

    Quote Originally Posted by +evenstar
    At a traffic junction, drivers know that cars going straight have the right to advance when the light shows green, and cars going in the opposite have to give way should they want to make a turn and only turn when the road is clear.

    What I saw today was:

    Direction A: Road was clear
    Direction B (Opp dir): SBS bus sees opposite road clear and makes his turn.
    Dir A: Out of nowhere came this sports car hurling down the road. Driver sees the SBS bus and horns like there's no tomorrow, while continuing to step on the accelerator.

    these drivers can bother to press their horn, but cannot use the time to lift their legs off the accelerator for a sec to let the other vehicle pass first. not as if that 1 or 2 sec dalay will cause them their lives.
    Right man!! that's wat i realli dislike..
    i remember when i was in Australia driving around, the main road cars will slow down on purpose to let cars from minor roads join in when the traffic is not so heavy..and it happen many times..

    Sorry to thread starter..a bit OT..

    wat to do, just have to live with it...
    This is an electronic post which requires no signature.

  16. #16
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Aug 2005
    Location
    Tanjong Katong
    Posts
    3,710

    Default Re: My experience in hospital, few months ago....

    Quote Originally Posted by lxrichbirdsf
    Btw, what do u mean when you put the speakers near you ears...?
    Its a device to control the TV power, channel and volume, and to call the nurse. The TV sound come only from this device (no sound from the TV set), so I can control the volume and put near my ear.

    In single bed room, they put normal TV (the sound come from TV) and remote. But in 2 or 4 bed room, the TV set per bed is like that, so minimize inconvenient to other patients.

    Regards,
    Arto.

  17. #17

    Default Re: My experience in hospital, few months ago....

    When I was admitted mid last year, I upgraded from C to A because of similar situations, not to point fingers, nor do I want to sound racist, some races truly like to treat hospital visiting as a picnic outing, bring alotsa food, drinks and friends. The worse experience was in the B class ward, the student nurses were the ones making the most noise, my mom complained to the head nurse which inturn scolded the nurses but it didn't last very long. Luckily for me, I was under morphine for the first few days of my stay in C and B and didn't bother with what's happening around me, it's my mom who was the disturbed one :P. For the rest of my stay of 2 weeks, it was in the comfort of my A ward
    Bloggerfly - Migrated my Blog
    Bloggerfly Gallery

  18. #18

    Default Re: My experience in hospital, few months ago....

    Dude

    Tat's the problem we always face wen we'r not in A Class. But the problem is actually not with the patient but more of the guests. People have tis mentality tat if someone is sick n warded must stay long long n chat macam like in kopitiam. The actual fact is, the patient is sick tat's y he is in the hospital n needs rest, plenty of rest.

    Wat u can do is actually press ur buzzer, inform the nurse tat u wanna sleep but e guests are makin too much noise. No point shouting at e top of ur voice. I believe u'r too sick to be doin all tat.

    I had a bad time wen i was hospitalised for 4 days with the same experience but wat to do, i cant afford a single bed room. N it doesnt help if u'r a light sleeper.

  19. #19
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Aug 2005
    Location
    Tanjong Katong
    Posts
    3,710

    Default Re: My experience in hospital, few months ago....

    Quote Originally Posted by simonsng
    When I was admitted mid last year, I upgraded from C to A because of similar situations, not to point fingers, nor do I want to sound racist, some races truly like to treat hospital visiting as a picnic outing, bring alotsa food, drinks and friends. The worse experience was in the B class ward, the student nurses were the ones making the most noise, my mom complained to the head nurse which inturn scolded the nurses but it didn't last very long. Luckily for me, I was under morphine for the first few days of my stay in C and B and didn't bother with what's happening around me, it's my mom who was the disturbed one :P. For the rest of my stay of 2 weeks, it was in the comfort of my A ward
    Hehehe... I remember my friend experience in government hospital because hemorrhoids. 1 docter, but almost a dozen student docters want to visit him everyday (and stick their finger in his *n*l). The student doctors not come in group. One by one. He can't rest. Even one student docter ask him "do you know who am I?". My friend thinking "wth, I am not paying you, you should pay me because you use my body to study (and put your finger in my *n*l), somemore asking 'who am I...'". After discharge, he say next time he will go to private hospital. Pay more but can rest .

    Regards,
    Arto.
    Last edited by Artosoft; 23rd June 2006 at 11:01 AM.

  20. #20
    Senior Member kenele's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2005
    Location
    Dover Cl East
    Posts
    1,999

    Default Re: My experience in hospital, few months ago....

    That's a good one but i think stay first class and you won't be having this sort of problem.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •