Thread: what does it mean by look?

Default what does it mean by look?

please all dai gors help me with this question. what does it mean when a model talks about what type of "look" do you want/ are you finding for? btw, what do portrait photographers do to plan a photo? how do they arrive with the setting, the mood? I'm curious! please fill me in! gum-sar-har-mi-dar! btw da-changjin end liao ha ha

please provide me with some guidance in portraits photography

thanks in advance!
    changjin

Default Re: what does it mean by look?

Quote Originally Posted by changjin
    please all dai gors help me with this question. what does it mean when a model talks about what type of "look" do you want/ are you finding for?
    Depends on your theme, wld be something like sexy, cute, corporate look etc....

Quote Originally Posted by jeffhiew
    Depends on your theme, wld be something like sexy, cute, corporate look etc....
    hmm.. but is there any standard names for the themes? like storytelling, Gothic, angel, or even nudes? would the name be determined by the photographer or it is something written in the stars? ha ha

I think they are asking, u want me to look sad, moody, happy, frustration, dont-care, etc. Most professional models can smile or cry in a split second...

pai seh but still confused. what is the difference between mood and look? and not forgetting also, theme??

sincerely,
    changjin

please all dai gors help me with this question. what does it mean when a model talks about what type of "look" do you want/ are you finding for? btw, what do portrait photographers do to plan a photo? how do they arrive with the setting, the mood? I'm curious! please fill me in! gum-sar-har-mi-dar! btw da-changjin end liao ha ha

please provide me with some guidance in portraits photography

thanks in advance!
    changjin
    you jump our from TV to come and surf internet ??

"look" ="style"

Quote Originally Posted by user111

"look" ="style"

pai seh but still confused. what is the difference between mood and look? and not forgetting also, theme??

sincerely,
    changjin
    It is just a choice of words.
    Basically, u as the photographer, need to have a "concept" when u plan to shoot, and that "concept" may involve a certain "theme" (sexy, conservative, cute, etc), then while u shoot, u need to tell the model to show what kind of "mood" (facial expression and body language), then the model will give u that kind of "look" (smile, angry, etc)

Quote Originally Posted by user111

"look" ="style"
    ha ha my part time. I come clubsnap when I am not practising medicine finale liao ma, so I jump out lor

ha ha my part time. I come clubsnap when I am not practising medicine finale liao ma, so I jump out lor
    After mastering cooking and medicine.. now u come to master photography?? Let the pros here beware..

Quote Originally Posted by stk
    After mastering cooking and medicine.. now u come to master photography?? Let the pros here beware..
    ha ha.. standing by and ready to learn.