Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
Results 1 to 20 of 55

Thread: More News on the new Panasonic DSLR

  1. #1
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Location
    Singapore
    Posts
    2,866

    Default More News on the new Panasonic DSLR

    Thanks to phantasmal for this link : http://panasonic.jp/dc/0615/

    If you're wondering what it's all about, refer to this link : http://forums.dpreview.com/forums/re...hread=18848795

    Check this link out : Panasonic to unveil first D-SLR next week

    About the L1, behind the scenes : http://panasonic.co.jp/pavc/global/l...s_l1/vol1.html
    Last edited by metallilan; 20th June 2006 at 05:48 PM.

  2. #2
    Member
    Join Date
    May 2006
    Location
    Singapore, Singapore, Singapor
    Posts
    523

    Default Re: More News on the new Panasonic DSLR

    Quote Originally Posted by metallilan
    Thanks to phantasmal for this link : http://panasonic.jp/dc/0615/

    If you're wondering what it's all about, refer to this link : http://forums.dpreview.com/forums/re...hread=18848795

    Check this link out : Panasonic to unveil first D-SLR next week

    About the L1, behind the scenes : http://panasonic.co.jp/pavc/global/l...s_l1/vol1.html
    Fresh fr the oven - Dpreview preview of L1

    http://www.dpreview.com/news/0606/06...asoncdmcl1.asp
    ~*phanTAsmal*~ [Panasonic Tz7 & Pentax K10D]
    http://www.flickr.com/photos/40633616@N00/

  3. #3
    Senior Member azul123's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2004
    Location
    Eastern Bloc
    Posts
    2,776

    Default Re: More News on the new Panasonic DSLR

    The built-in flash to bounce position, that's a neat feature.

    ../azul123

  4. #4
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Location
    Singapore
    Posts
    2,866

    Default Re: More News on the new Panasonic DSLR

    don't think this L1 looks very promising. More like and e330 cloned and slightly different features. wonder how much will this cost considering the Leica lens is included in the kit...

  5. #5

    Default Re: More News on the new Panasonic DSLR

    the shutter lag is abt 1 sec.......
    was hoping panasonic would came up with a killer dslr that
    will match the competitors in speed and frame rate...
    Last edited by eow; 21st June 2006 at 04:55 PM.
    头可断,血可流,倩女不可不追求 carpe diem,when in doubt, hoot first,apologise later:p GALLERY

  6. #6
    Member
    Join Date
    Sep 2004
    Location
    Woodlands
    Posts
    464

    Default Re: More News on the new Panasonic DSLR

    Haiz...somehow the tripod screw is so close to the LCD side; off-centre. Don't know will it have stability problem when the lense is heavy type.

  7. #7

    Default Re: More News on the new Panasonic DSLR

    sorry to say, it looks o-biang very square, and like e330

  8. #8
    Member
    Join Date
    May 2006
    Location
    Singapore, Singapore, Singapor
    Posts
    523

    Default Re: More News on the new Panasonic DSLR

    Quote Originally Posted by metallilan
    don't think this L1 looks very promising. More like and e330 cloned and slightly different features. wonder how much will this cost considering the Leica lens is included in the kit...

    i do wonder at the cost........
    can it beat Sony A100 at tat or something?
    think will be quite hard cos of leica lens.
    ~*phanTAsmal*~ [Panasonic Tz7 & Pentax K10D]
    http://www.flickr.com/photos/40633616@N00/

  9. #9
    Member
    Join Date
    May 2006
    Location
    Singapore, Singapore, Singapor
    Posts
    523

    Default Re: More News on the new Panasonic DSLR

    Quote Originally Posted by Moonstone
    Haiz...somehow the tripod screw is so close to the LCD side; off-centre. Don't know will it have stability problem when the lense is heavy type.
    tats one of the biggest prob i think.
    btw vol 3 and 4 of the behind the scenes is out.
    nice read particularly the lens part.
    Last edited by phantasmal; 21st June 2006 at 05:10 PM.
    ~*phanTAsmal*~ [Panasonic Tz7 & Pentax K10D]
    http://www.flickr.com/photos/40633616@N00/

  10. #10
    Member
    Join Date
    May 2006
    Location
    Singapore, Singapore, Singapor
    Posts
    523

    Default Re: More News on the new Panasonic DSLR

    Quote Originally Posted by eow
    the shutter lag is abt 1 sec.......
    was hoping panasonic would came up with a killer dslr that
    will match the competitors in speed and frame rate...
    tats only in live mode isnt it?
    ~*phanTAsmal*~ [Panasonic Tz7 & Pentax K10D]
    http://www.flickr.com/photos/40633616@N00/

  11. #11
    Member
    Join Date
    Mar 2004
    Location
    singapore
    Posts
    228

    Default Re: More News on the new Panasonic DSLR

    old press release said that it will be priced near canon 20D.

    it's a different league from sony a100. (D50 competitor)

    personally, i'm excited about the camera.
    it's the vintage controls layout that will make it sell.
    e330 is far far away.

    only worry is image noise.
    i wouldn't care about the frame rate as it will be shooting in manual mode that i am interested in.
    this camera is not meant to be high frame rate shoot and choose type.
    it's the shoot in manual and shoot in fast type.

    users with old canon system and nikon system will understand what i mean.

  12. #12
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2005
    Location
    270 degree of Singapore
    Posts
    6,741

    Default Re: More News on the new Panasonic DSLR

    Quote Originally Posted by eow
    the shutter lag is abt 1 sec.......
    was hoping panasonic would came up with a killer dslr that
    will match the competitors in speed and frame rate...
    The live view mode is not design for action shots in this case. So you will have to stick with KM .... or Sony now .

    But I like the built in camera bounce, why can't other brands design like that???
    Sony Alpha 700 hobbyist

  13. #13
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Location
    Singapore
    Posts
    2,866

    Default Re: More News on the new Panasonic DSLR

    Quote Originally Posted by eow
    the shutter lag is abt 1 sec.......
    was hoping panasonic would came up with a killer dslr that
    will match the competitors in speed and frame rate...
    i think the next FZ series camera might take care of that...lots of weird rumors about the next Fz in august or something.

  14. #14
    Senior Member azul123's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2004
    Location
    Eastern Bloc
    Posts
    2,776

    Default Re: More News on the new Panasonic DSLR

    Quote Originally Posted by compro_1975
    sorry to say, it looks o-biang very square, and like e330
    Imagine it in chrome silver then it doesn't look so o-biang

    If in chrome silver would look nice, like to old skool type camera. Price?

    ../azul123

  15. #15

    Default Re: More News on the new Panasonic DSLR

    I had high hopes on the L1 but now I'm disappointed with the dim viewfinder caused by the liveview feature.

  16. #16

    Default Re: More News on the new Panasonic DSLR

    It can't be dimmer than the E-330 and I don't find the E-330 dim at all compared to all the other DSLRs that I have used thus far and so I think the L1 would do just fine.

    What Phil Askey is lamenting about is that the L1 took the risk of dimming the viewfinder and yet didn't put in a second CCD like the E-330 in its implementation of the Live View feature.

    But design-wise, this camera is a dream-come-true for old-timers who still yearn for the good old days of analog controls in film SLRs. Those who have handled the LC1 would know what I mean. The LC1 is a pure work of art and a joy to use for those who appreciate the beauty and simplicity of its design. In this respect, I'm sure that the L1 will not disappoint.

    I, for one, would be looking forward to owning one soon .... and it would certainly form a matching set with my LC1.

  17. #17
    Moderator nightwolf75's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2003
    Location
    really MORE diaper changes
    Posts
    17,862
    Blog Entries
    1

    Default Re: More News on the new Panasonic DSLR

    Quote Originally Posted by tomcat
    But design-wise, this camera is a dream-come-true for old-timers who still yearn for the good old days of analog controls in film SLRs. Those who have handled the LC1 would know what I mean. The LC1 is a pure work of art and a joy to use for those who appreciate the beauty and simplicity of its design. In this respect, I'm sure that the L1 will not disappoint.
    have to agree (coming fm a non-Pano user) - at one glance, it does look very leica-ish.

    will wait for it to hit the shops b4 going to try it.
    If Life worked on auto mode then manual mode for photography would have never existed. ― Deeksha Mittal

  18. #18
    Senior Member Hacker's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2005
    Location
    Cyberspace
    Posts
    4,239

    Default Re: More News on the new Panasonic DSLR

    Quote Originally Posted by phantasmal
    i do wonder at the cost........
    can it beat Sony A100 at tat or something?
    think will be quite hard cos of leica lens.
    US$1,999

  19. #19

    Default Re: More News on the new Panasonic DSLR

    Any idea how much is the retail price?

    I really love the look. If it function well as any normal conventional camera in normal mode, I don't really bother with the live-view and 1 sec delay in shutter release. I may just get it.

  20. #20
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Location
    Singapore
    Posts
    2,866

    Default Re: More News on the new Panasonic DSLR

    heh, i wish to know the price as well. But i may well just pass this, only started to save for that D50

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •