Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 20 of 35

Thread: Is it difficult to sell a Nikon D70?

  1. #1

    Default Is it difficult to sell a Nikon D70?

    Hi, just need some advise in selling camera. I have a D70 for sale but it seems like nobody is interested in D70. I just bought my new D200 and decided to give up my D70 for a reasonable price and I don't know how much to price it. I am selling my D70 with the DX len, remote control, battery, charger etc....except for the CF memory card. The camera is in excellent condition, kept in dry box, and frequent maintainence.

    Can anyone advise me what price is it reasonable to sell?

  2. #2

    Default Re: Is it difficult to sell a Nikon D70?

    I am looking around for a DSLR. Please let me know how old, type of lens and your asking price. Thanks.

  3. #3

    Default Re: Is it difficult to sell a Nikon D70?

    that was a good way to advertise on the the nikon forum...

  4. #4
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Mar 2002
    Location
    Astin Studio
    Posts
    4,736

    Default Re: Is it difficult to sell a Nikon D70?

    Maybe sell at $500, based on the theory that consumer gadget value drop by half after 1 year use.

  5. #5

    Default Re: Is it difficult to sell a Nikon D70?

    Quote Originally Posted by Astin
    Maybe sell at $500, based on the theory that consumer gadget value drop by half after 1 year use.

    brother, I don't think you should compare Camera like you compare a handphone. Camera is a piece of art and can be use for a pretty long time. In fact some of the camera produce a better quality picture as it age. D70 is definitely not out of date and it is better than some of the new camera that just came out recently. What would be a reasonable price to sell? Honest opinion.

  6. #6
    Member
    Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Location
    Northeast
    Posts
    332

    Default Re: Is it difficult to sell a Nikon D70?

    Quote Originally Posted by sommersby
    brother, I don't think you should compare Camera like you compare a handphone. Camera is a piece of art and can be use for a pretty long time. In fact some of the camera produce a better quality picture as it age. D70 is definitely not out of date and it is better than some of the new camera that just came out recently. What would be a reasonable price to sell? Honest opinion.

    I think u can get people to start bidding at $850 and depends on your RP...maybe a $1k max i think

  7. #7
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Mar 2002
    Location
    Astin Studio
    Posts
    4,736

    Default Re: Is it difficult to sell a Nikon D70?

    Quote Originally Posted by sommersby
    brother, I don't think you should compare Camera like you compare a handphone. Camera is a piece of art and can be use for a pretty long time. In fact some of the camera produce a better quality picture as it age. D70 is definitely not out of date and it is better than some of the new camera that just came out recently. What would be a reasonable price to sell? Honest opinion.
    Fyi, I paid $1k for a second hand 1 year old D100 in Jun 2005.

  8. #8
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2002
    Location
    Singapore
    Posts
    12,938

    Default Re: Is it difficult to sell a Nikon D70?

    check out the recent prices and price accordingly. while a camera is a piece of art and can be used for a long time, it's subject to wear and tear and also when the replacement products (or competing products from other manufacturers) are launched at a lower price, the resale price will suffer.

  9. #9

    Default Re: Is it difficult to sell a Nikon D70?

    Is D100 better than D70, I have not use a D100 before. Is it true that D70 is better than D100 as I've heard some of my friend said.

  10. #10

    Default Re: Is it difficult to sell a Nikon D70?

    Quote Originally Posted by sommersby
    Is D100 better than D70, I have not use a D100 before. Is it true that D70 is better than D100 as I've heard some of my friend said.
    Features wise ..yes
    Built .. no ....

    And D100 is good enough to last u a longer time than D70 ..
    AMPA * WPPI * J team

  11. #11

    Default Re: Is it difficult to sell a Nikon D70?

    Quote Originally Posted by sommersby
    Hi, just need some advise in selling camera. I have a D70 for sale but it seems like nobody is interested in D70. I just bought my new D200 and decided to give up my D70 for a reasonable price and I don't know how much to price it. I am selling my D70 with the DX len, remote control, battery, charger etc....except for the CF memory card. The camera is in excellent condition, kept in dry box, and frequent maintainence.

    Can anyone advise me what price is it reasonable to sell?

    If i am you, I will sell away D70 first before bought the D200.

    Unless you dun mind will not sell at good price.

    If your D70 is more than 18 months old then maybe can sell at around $800-$900 only

  12. #12

    Default Re: Is it difficult to sell a Nikon D70?

    but his come with Kit lens. Therefore I think he can probably price it at about 1100 to 1200.

  13. #13
    Senior Member +evenstar's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Location
    Singapore / United Kingdom
    Posts
    5,655

    Default Re: Is it difficult to sell a Nikon D70?

    Quote Originally Posted by sommersby
    brother, I don't think you should compare Camera like you compare a handphone. Camera is a piece of art and can be use for a pretty long time. In fact some of the camera produce a better quality picture as it age. D70 is definitely not out of date and it is better than some of the new camera that just came out recently. What would be a reasonable price to sell? Honest opinion.
    really? i bought my 300D for $1.9k and after 1.5 years, the price is now <$700.
    eat. drink. shoot

  14. #14
    Member
    Join Date
    Jul 2004
    Location
    Singapore, Singapore
    Posts
    102

    Default Re: Is it difficult to sell a Nikon D70?

    Quote Originally Posted by KNIGHT ONG

    And D100 is good enough to last u a longer time than D70 ..
    Why D70 cannot last long meh?

  15. #15

    Default Re: Is it difficult to sell a Nikon D70?

    Quote Originally Posted by sommersby
    Hi, just need some advise in selling camera. I have a D70 for sale but it seems like nobody is interested in D70. I just bought my new D200 and decided to give up my D70 for a reasonable price and I don't know how much to price it. I am selling my D70 with the DX len, remote control, battery, charger etc....except for the CF memory card. The camera is in excellent condition, kept in dry box, and frequent maintainence.

    Can anyone advise me what price is it reasonable to sell?
    Juz post yr cam in B&S forum, let CSers bid for it, if its reaches yr desired price, let go.
    Another tips is to do a market reaserch by comparing the D70 selling here for past one month to get some fell..
    Photography is the act of taking memorable moment.

  16. #16

    Default Re: Is it difficult to sell a Nikon D70?

    Quote Originally Posted by tltan
    but his come with Kit lens. Therefore I think he can probably price it at about 1100 to 1200.
    New one D70s kit cost about $1600 and maybe got free 1GB CF. So will you buy a 18 months old D70 at $1200??

  17. #17

    Default Re: Is it difficult to sell a Nikon D70?

    Quote Originally Posted by JL1500k
    New one D70s kit cost about $1600 and maybe got free 1GB CF. So will you buy a 18 months old D70 at $1200??
    Yeh. I meant that he can price it at that. Doesnt mean he have to set it at that price. U looking to get it? Then sent him ur price.

    You never know someone might get it at that price. Because 400-500 might not be a lot to you but to others, its a lot.

    Thanks for the comment.

  18. #18

    Default Re: Is it difficult to sell a Nikon D70?

    I sold mine at 1k, bundle with 2 nikon battery, 1GB CF, remote, kit lens, a 67mm Cir-PL, UV filters, and a toploader lowepro bag. Bought like 1.5 years back but in good condition.

    I think may be you want to bundle in some freebies, so as a whole package it's more attractive and win-win lo.

    After that, I bought my D200.

  19. #19
    Senior Member zoossh's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2005
    Location
    Singapore
    Posts
    8,725

    Default Re: Is it difficult to sell a Nikon D70?

    Quote Originally Posted by tltan
    Yeh. I meant that he can price it at that. Doesnt mean he have to set it at that price. U looking to get it? Then sent him ur price.

    You never know someone might get it at that price. Because 400-500 might not be a lot to you but to others, its a lot.

    Thanks for the comment.
    me also think so. $400 off for a used but perfectly working camera is an attraction. however the warranty is one concern....

  20. #20

    Default Re: Is it difficult to sell a Nikon D70?

    well well well...
    I think the pros here don't empathise with non-pros getting little for their 2nd hand stuff.

    Must be cos by the time they wanna upgrade equipment, they already covered their cost for their old equipment. Plus they really max out the use of their equipment.
    So of course pros don't feel the same way as hobbyists.

    Lesson to learn here is don't expect too much from the pros.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •