Thread: Minolta Dynax 5

Default Minolta Dynax 5

I just bought a Canon DSLR 350D. I used to own a Minolta Dynax 5.

I am still learning to use my new-found toy. Learning alot by reading all the posts on CS forums. Also attended a 3-hour course FOC by Canon at their digital imaging centre. Found it very helpful. Was conducted by a guy called Walter Tan.

Thinking of buying external flash as I find that the built-in flash is too weak, or produce very hard shadows since its points directly at the subject. Also thinking of some lenses but from what I read, perhaps it is better to invest in photoshop first!

Also, don't know what to do with my SLR and the accessories like zoom lens and wide-angle lens. Anyone has any ideas?

Default Re: Minolta Dynax 5

I don't own an SLR at all. But I think the best thing to do is to keep it as an backup camera, there might be a day you realise you needed it, or if your dry cab is really full, sell it off.

I use to own a Minolta Dynax 5. It's a great camera. I took some of my best photographs with it. I sold it off and regreted it.

Quote Originally Posted by chrome

I am still learning to use my new-found toy. Learning alot by reading all the posts on CS forums. Also attended a 3-hour course FOC by Canon at their digital imaging centre. Found it very helpful. Was conducted by a guy called Walter Tan.

Thinking of buying external flash as I find that the built-in flash is too weak, or produce very hard shadows since its points directly at the subject. Also thinking of some lenses but from what I read, perhaps it is better to invest in photoshop first!

Also, don't know what to do with my SLR and the accessories like zoom lens and wide-angle lens. Anyone has any ideas?
    SSS? how much you wan to sell ur dynax 5 for?
    a700 | dynax7
    sigma12-24/minolta28-135/sony70-300g/sig400/lensbaby2.0

Told you the Dynax 5 is a great camera. Someone already wants to buy it from you.

Quote Originally Posted by chrome
    Looks like another victim of the BBB virus already. Since you are not new ot photography perhaps you could tell us what kind of picture you like to take? That way you can just get that lens that suits your intrests first. As for an external flash you shloud ask yourself how often would you use one.
    Furry Photos - Photography for the Modern Pet

Quote Originally Posted by dr34mc4st3r
    SSS? how much you wan to sell ur dynax 5 for?
    SSS? simi lai eh?

anyway u read the keyword... Used To
    Logging Off. "You have 2,631 messages stored, of a total 400 allowed." don't PM me.

SSS = Sell Sell Sell?
    Life is like photography, we develop from the negatives.

my idea is u should get the lense 1st then Flash then PS Software ... if not u will always depends on the Software only ...
    Last edited by hugoleong; 23rd June 2006 at 09:27 AM.

Smile Re: Minolta Dynax 5

Hi Chrome,

My advice is get a good lens first as you will get more mileage from it. Flashes are usually more utilised if you tend to always cover indoor events. Moreover, you can always borrow or rent a flash. Flashes are also cheaper than lenses if you want to rent them.

For me, my first flash was only used 3 times in 2 years before I started renting it out.

My 2 cents. I respect that others may have their own opinions. =)
    DSLR/Camera/Lens Rental @ www.CameraRental.Biz 96504158 info@CameraRental.Biz

Quote Originally Posted by Del_CtrlnoAlt
    SSS? simi lai eh?

anyway u read the keyword... Used To
    got a bit excited....mind conveniently ignored those two words
    a700 | dynax7
    sigma12-24/minolta28-135/sony70-300g/sig400/lensbaby2.0