Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Results 21 to 36 of 36

Thread: Singapore Airlines Feedback

  1. #21
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jul 2002
    Location
    Planet Eropagnis
    Posts
    2,944

    Default Re: Singapore Airlines Feedback

    Hmm... bo leh. That time I flew by NWA the stewardess oso remember me by name...

    Maybe becos I'm the only passenger around that ordered vegetarian meal...
    "Wonders of the Human Mind. Unfathomable to the highest degree."

  2. #22
    Member
    Join Date
    Feb 2005
    Location
    Eastern Part
    Posts
    306

    Default Re: Singapore Airlines Feedback

    Quote Originally Posted by Rev
    agree with klose... jsbn, U know anyone working as a stewardess?

    I think it comes down to the mood of the stewardess, her ability to remember U & yr ability to get what U want...

    To share my experiences...
    In general, I think american & european stewardesses tend to remember which asians to ignore, cuz they sometimes think we're all stingy bicycle riders asking for freebies. (drinks, cards, magazines, more peanuts)
    Asian stewardess tend to forget which asians requested what, cuz there's usually a million of us all asking for freebies...
    And china stewardess dont give a sh*t to anyone...
    But overall, SIA still has the best service, U pay a bomb sometimes but the extra cash is worth it.

    I believe everytime that if U ask nicely like "hi, rough day, I'm just dying for a <insert item>?" & smile, then U should be able to get what U want. She has to attend to abt a hundred people's requests, stand most of the time except during landing/takeoff and has to deal with pervs taking passes at her as she walks by. I find it's best to actually walk up to the galley(kitchen) and ask. Who knows, they might share more than a newspaper with U.... (drinks, cards, magazines, more peanuts, instant noodles...phone number)

    If she has PMS, then ask another person hehe.
    Usually if I need things like a cup of water, I just walk up to the galley and help myself. If they stop me I just say kaki lang never mind lah. Actually I have never had poor service like those mentioned, and I have never told any of them I was staff. Maybe they take note of our positions before flight, but then again kuching kurak staff like me take note for what right? So I guess its just that I have been lucky

  3. #23

    Default Re: Singapore Airlines Feedback

    Quote Originally Posted by jsbn
    But getting service based on the MOOD of the service provider? I'm not sure if my tone of voice irks people, but having the experience working anywhere from fast-food restaurants, cinemas and 5 star hotels, I know how waiters and service providers feel and always try to put across my requests in an extremely apologetic manner. Not in a 'Holier-than-thou', 'Customer is King' tone.
    lemme elaborate. I meant the female stewardesses... =)
    Almost all SQ stewardesses are pretty friendly , the few times I've seen the moody ones, I think they have PMS... just try to understand their discomfort when U just have to sit there and press the call button to expect service.

    but in general the caucasian staff arent as friendly as the asian staff =(

    Anyway yes, they should have extra bagles. All depends on how U ask them. Of course, if U have a demanding 'holier-than-thou' attitude, then they'll make an effort to avoid U heh.

    How abt the male stewards? no complaints? hehe

  4. #24
    Member
    Join Date
    Feb 2005
    Location
    Eastern Part
    Posts
    306

    Default Re: Singapore Airlines Feedback

    Quote Originally Posted by jsbn
    I thought landings are pretty much automated now with ILS so that the pilot don't really have to do a manual landing (unless emergency where everything goes down. *choy*) so it shld be pretty standard?

    But yeah, sometimes requests do take a little long to come. My first school trip 10yrs ago, I recall having to wait like... 2hrs just for a vodka?
    Yes instrument landing system (ILS) is used on aircrafts to aid landing, but there is still cat 1 cat 2 and cat3 landings, all requiring differing amounts of input from the pilot. In any case, the pilot will still have to 'pull up, pull up' when the systems tell him to do so.
    Some time back, some aircraft manufacturer noted that some of the landing gear defects associated with our modern aircrafts was due to the feather light landings that our pilots practiced and recommended firmer landings hehehe.

  5. #25
    Member
    Join Date
    Feb 2005
    Location
    Eastern Part
    Posts
    306

    Default Re: Singapore Airlines Feedback

    Quote Originally Posted by jsbn
    icic. Thanks for the clarification.

    Cos I thought most of the stuff are pretty automated where the Pilot, co-pilot and navigator punches in flight data like weight, fuel and other stuff and lets the computer takes care of the rest and they will only take full control of everything only in case of turbulence, bad weather and emergencies (like hijacking, maybe a landing gear or engine gets ripped off, etc)
    Think you've been conned by too many of those aircraft movies

  6. #26
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jul 2002
    Location
    Planet Eropagnis
    Posts
    2,944

    Default Re: Singapore Airlines Feedback

    Quote Originally Posted by Rev
    lemme elaborate. I meant the female stewardesses... =)
    Almost all SQ stewardesses are pretty friendly , the few times I've seen the moody ones, I think they have PMS... just try to understand their discomfort when U just have to sit there and press the call button to expect service.

    but in general the caucasian staff arent as friendly as the asian staff =(

    Anyway yes, they should have extra bagles. All depends on how U ask them. Of course, if U have a demanding 'holier-than-thou' attitude, then they'll make an effort to avoid U heh.

    How abt the male stewards? no complaints? hehe
    Male stewards are generally more straightforward. Fast and chop-chop.

    So far on all my flights with NWA, haven't been served by males yet. Mostly ladies. Dun really understand when ppl call those frm NWA as 'aunties'. They so old meh? I saw a few 20+ one leh.
    "Wonders of the Human Mind. Unfathomable to the highest degree."

  7. #27

    Default Re: Singapore Airlines Feedback

    I fly a lot, and almost exclusively with SIA because the service is so much better then the other airlines I have available to me at reasonble cost. It has happened to me and I have noticed 'missed requests' in Economy and I'm Ang Moh so it's not a racial thing. I think this is simply a volume thing, so many passengers for relatively few hostesses. In Raffles I have never had a problem or noticed a problem and I have flown on over 100 legs in the past 18 months.
    sk.images, ex - cyber_m0nkey

  8. #28
    Senior Member xtemujin's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2005
    Location
    Singapura, Singapore
    Posts
    2,778

    Arrow Re: Singapore Airlines Feedback

    It is in the Straits Times and Newpaper last week about SIA giving standard answer to feedback and the decline in the service.

    HTH.

    Quote Originally Posted by Terence
    How about elaborating a little bit more? Your 2 liner doesn't say much at all.

  9. #29
    Member
    Join Date
    May 2002
    Location
    New York*New Jersey*Boston
    Posts
    1,072

    Default Re: Singapore Airlines Feedback

    Quote Originally Posted by Rev
    And china stewardess dont give a sh*t to anyone...
    wait till some of you guys try the USA airlines..
    we will be running back to the asian airlines for better (even a little) service.

    I havent had problems with SIA.
    I strongly believe that they are top notch.
    Regards, Mark Pang
    www.markpangphotography.com

  10. #30

    Default Re: Singapore Airlines Feedback

    Quote Originally Posted by jsbn
    Male stewards are generally more straightforward. Fast and chop-chop.

    So far on all my flights with NWA, haven't been served by males yet. Mostly ladies. Dun really understand when ppl call those frm NWA as 'aunties'. They so old meh? I saw a few 20+ one leh.
    Try the US domestic flights, you start to wonder if they(cabin crew) are able to operate in the case of an emergency - some of them are late 50s

  11. #31

    Default Re: Singapore Airlines Feedback

    Took Air NZ to Auckland about 1 month back. Felt that service was superb with very friendly steward/stewardess..

  12. #32
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jul 2002
    Location
    Planet Eropagnis
    Posts
    2,944

    Default Re: Singapore Airlines Feedback

    Quote Originally Posted by Klose
    Try the US domestic flights, you start to wonder if they(cabin crew) are able to operate in the case of an emergency - some of them are late 50s
    Hmm... Noted. Can give it a try after I'm done with Japan. My next destination would be the States.
    "Wonders of the Human Mind. Unfathomable to the highest degree."

  13. #33

    Default Re: Singapore Airlines Feedback

    Quote Originally Posted by Klose
    Try the US domestic flights, you start to wonder if they(cabin crew) are able to operate in the case of an emergency - some of them are late 50s

    it depends

    if you're in US, on a domestic, go for SOUTHWEST, their service and promptness beats the **** outta budget airlines palms down or up.

    They even do have time to smile and talk with you and offer you more than enuf small bites! I had to take home a full plastic bag of southwest peanuts after all my domestic connections last month!

    now can feed on peanuts n beer for world cup

    SIA is no doubt good and possibly one of the best, but it is no longer THE best.

    ANyhow, i've been hearing loads of praise for Air Emirates.

    ANybody with a neutral assessment on them? they're one of the fiercest competitors to SIA in terms of service (so i hear)
    Last edited by plsoong; 20th June 2006 at 11:15 PM.

  14. #34
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Sep 2004
    Location
    Beyond Space-Time Continuum
    Posts
    6,324

    Default Re: Singapore Airlines Feedback

    Hmm odd, I flew almost exclusively Northwest during my stint in the US, I love the SG-Anchorage-Washington Dulles route. I always get good service and they were pretty prompt with my request. Granted that I sleep like 60% of the time on the flight and do help them with the occasional heavy luggage. that said, my domestic flights were mixed, they have pretty good service AA, Continental and others. As long as you smile and be polite, all is right with them.

    I like ANA, JAL and JAA. Their stewardess have great personalities. I have yet to see SIA or other airlines that have cabin crews who frequently bring drinks and chit chat with the crew cleaning the cabin.

    3-4-3 set up is ok, wonder who remembers the 2-5-2 setup. Best I have seen is the 1-1-1 setup, that is a disgusting amount of space for 1 passenger.

  15. #35

    Default Re: Singapore Airlines Feedback

    I can tell you that I try to avoid SIA in general because I always seem to observe better treatment being accorded to caucasians. it makes me disgusted to even be on my national airline...of course maybe I just have bad luck. but I rather be on an airline where everyone is equally ill treated rather than being on an airline where I am selectively ill-treated.

  16. #36
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jul 2002
    Location
    Planet Eropagnis
    Posts
    2,944

    Default Re: Singapore Airlines Feedback

    Quote Originally Posted by TMC
    Hmm odd, I flew almost exclusively Northwest during my stint in the US, I love the SG-Anchorage-Washington Dulles route. I always get good service and they were pretty prompt with my request. Granted that I sleep like 60% of the time on the flight and do help them with the occasional heavy luggage. that said, my domestic flights were mixed, they have pretty good service AA, Continental and others. As long as you smile and be polite, all is right with them.

    I like ANA, JAL and JAA. Their stewardess have great personalities. I have yet to see SIA or other airlines that have cabin crews who frequently bring drinks and chit chat with the crew cleaning the cabin.

    3-4-3 set up is ok, wonder who remembers the 2-5-2 setup. Best I have seen is the 1-1-1 setup, that is a disgusting amount of space for 1 passenger.
    The price for a 1-1-1 is like...

    2-5-2, nope never since I only started travelling on planes when I was like 17? The configuration was already like 3-4-3. Brings back memories though. On SIA, and I waited like... 2hrs for my drink?
    "Wonders of the Human Mind. Unfathomable to the highest degree."

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •