Thread: Sensor cleaning products

Default Sensor cleaning products

I was wondering if anyone here know of other sensor cleaning products other than the Sensor Swap.

I was recently made aware of static charged brushes that pick up dust without making contact with the sensor. Anyone tried these?

Default Re: Sensor cleaning products

This one is kind of vacuum cleaner :

http://www.green-cleanusa.com/contact.html

Thanks smtan24.

Anyone has had unpleasant experiences with Sensor Swap, or perhaps other cleaning products?

There are pros and cons... Like every camera product.

For sensor swab, I heard it's effective but only if u do it well in several wipes else there might be "streaking".

For the brush, I believe u are talking about the Visible Dust product? I tried asking in CS some time back but no one replied with any comment.

Anyway, I read the brush thingy is only fairly effective. More convenient than the Sensor Swab but for stubborn dust, it is ineffective. Have read some people say that sometimes it only causes the dust to be displaced in a different location on the sensor, not much better than a blower brush. And for the price of >S$200, I think it is plain ridiculous!

There are actually a whole bunch of sensor cleaning products... to list a few

1) Blower
    2) Sensor Brush
    3) Sensor Swabs
    4) Speck Grabber

Each has its own advantages/disadvantages and caters to people of different skill levels/budgets/cleaning needs.

I've tried them all and I did a review cum evaluation some time back to help users choose a product to suit their requirements.
    Last edited by solarii; 23rd June 2006 at 05:46 PM.

recently lenspen released a new product called sensorklear... basically its a lenspen for sensor...

http://www.lenspen.com/?cPath=1&prod...=SK-1&tpid=146

I wonder how effective it will be...

Quote Originally Posted by idor
    recently lenspen released a new product called sensorklear... basically its a lenspen for sensor...

http://www.lenspen.com/?cPath=1&prod...=SK-1&tpid=146

I wonder how effective it will be...
    Hmmm.... new item... must try it soon.

Personally I'm not too big a fan of len pen products. The brush is very good, but the carbon pad does dry out after about a year... not as effective as when it was new, despite what the advert says.

The pad does leave some carbon particles after repeated use, but nothing that you can't brush off. I've never experienced the "staining" or residue problem some people complain of.

I'll prob. buy it but more for the brush... I find it quite effective for cleaning optics.