Thread: City Night Scene

Default City Night Scene

Just one shot for tonight, *really* shack out after not having enuff sleep for 2 nights...

In case anyone wants to ask "Why ISO400?", it was a mistake... Further more, the pic is actually a little OOF...

Wa.. thats a very nice scene! Nicely composed and with adequate exposure.

Haha, ya, i understand about the ISO thing, coz i kena before too. But still, the quality is not too bad right?

Thanks azone for the kind comments! The picture at 100% seems a little noisy everywhere, not really that good. Bad thing is that the focusing seems a little screwed at this kind of lighting, think too dim liao. MF mode turned fully in 1 direction is actually not infinity focus?!? Need to turn back a little.

Great view Darkness...

Were you with Tweek when you took this shot?
    --
    "High Wired, Dream Sired"

Great shot!

Was this taken at Equinox?
    Canon EOS 5D Classic | Minolta X-700 | http://flickr.com/photos/zeus

Thanks WG and Necroist! Tweek and I both had a room at The Stamford, but at different floors. I got the 63rd floor, while he got the 55th floor. He came over to my room to take a few shots though.

Necroist, the pic is not taken at the Equinox. I think quite difficult to shoot from Equinox due to the glass windows, think will have reflections from the glass. I have a pic of the Christmas tree up there though...

wahh! what's the ocassion for booking a room there? celebrate xmas?
    Canon EOS 5D Classic | Minolta X-700 | http://flickr.com/photos/zeus

Got such lobang can invite us too?

Originally posted by azone
    Wa.. thats a very nice scene! Nicely composed and with adequate exposure.

Haha, ya, i understand about the ISO thing, coz i kena before too. But still, the quality is not too bad right?
    Then what ISO should be used ?

Originally posted by darkness
    Bad thing is that the focusing seems a little screwed at this kind of lighting, think too dim liao. MF mode turned fully in 1 direction is actually not infinity focus?!? Need to turn back a little.
    Tot I told you before, not to assume that fully CW is infinity?

Anyway couldn't you have pointed at some of the lights to AF and then recompose? That's what I do and it always seems to work.

Necroist: Yeah, X'mas celebrations!

Cilin: Eh, I try to remember to jio you next time!!

aosis: Usually, try to use the lowest ISO your camera is capable of as it has the lowest amount of noise. However, some cameras, due to the longer exposure, will have more hot pixels. Thus there's a tradeoff between lower ISO and longer exposures. You have to try out and see which gives you better results.

Zerstorer: I tried to focus against 1 single light source, but the focus was still a little off. I dunno why leh, maybe not contrasty enuff (just 1 point of light only). Those night shots (really night, not evening) I took many are OOF.