Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst ... 4567 LastLast

Thread: What car would you buy if you got $60,000?

Default Re: What car would you buy if you got $60,000?

Quote Originally Posted by kohweeloon
    me thinking of getting the I. but do the calculation. not worth. about $10000 more than some other 1.3l to 1.6L CAR. with that money can pump a lot of petrol.
    Hmm.... maybe Jazz is the answer.

Quote Originally Posted by scanner
    Hmm.... maybe Jazz is the answer.
    Yes, Jazz 1.4 ( Fr $53,200) or Latio 1.5 (Fr $54K) are good choice

Jazz is good fuel consumption and Latio is spacious
    Last edited by JL1500k; 22nd June 2006 at 01:15 PM.

Price just drop, can get Mazda 3 for $59,000, and this is before negotiations.

Quote Originally Posted by Hobbes234
    well, mine is the CVT.

well they dont have manual transmission for the singapore market.
    but they have it in the australian and US markets but they are 1.8 liters. having test driven both the makes, i think that the latio is more stable compared to the Jazz.
    I did not really notice the jazz being bumpy. main dislike would be the ride feels light.

to help you decide, you can check out Mycarforum. Do a search, there were quite a few threads comparing the 2 cars.
    IIRC, there was one at hardwarezone too.

but if you intend to "zhng" your ride, go with the jazz coz there are more options for you to play with.
    Hi, what do you mean by "zhng" your ride? You mean those body kits? Wow, and thanks, that is a nice forum.
    Last edited by pixelArtwork; 22nd June 2006 at 10:53 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by JL1500k
    get a Van?? did anyone have a register company or hawker licence??

S'pore Gov had already control since more than 5 years ago due to too many people buying van cos COE was quite high during that times.

If I can buy a Van I will go for petrol version (road tax $400 per year). bcos dissel engine is not quiet and is not easy to maintain compare to petrol type. Alway give out black smoke
    its a 10min thing to register a company. If you go and buy a van, they can get everything settled for you. Petrol Van defys the purpose of getting a van. Petrol is more pollutive than diesel. And have you sat in a Diesel vehicle recently? If you last say in a 80s datsun pickup, then, those engine sounded like thunder. Again, you pay a premium for comfort. The question goes back to what do you need. For the original question, for 60K I will get a double cab pickup anytime.

Quote Originally Posted by Denosha
    Nowadays you can buy a commercial vehicle under your personal name. Dun need to register under a company. At least that's what the salesman asked my dad a mth ago when he bought a Ssangyong Musso. Oh and btw, it's not an option. The build quality is horrendous...
    Your first statement is definitely wrong. from 2002, commercial vehicles cannot be registered to personal name. The musso is not a LCV, it is a GPV. GPV registration is a class in itself and can be registered to company or personal, and tax is 110% instead of 5% for commercial vehicle.
    I am actually considering the musso and the ford ranger, maybe you can tell me what you experience on the musso... 1st hand advice...

Quote Originally Posted by ronwong
    Your first statement is definitely wrong. from 2002, commercial vehicles cannot be registered to personal name. The musso is not a LCV, it is a GPV. GPV registration is a class in itself and can be registered to company or personal, and tax is 110% instead of 5% for commercial vehicle.
    I am actually considering the musso and the ford ranger, maybe you can tell me what you experience on the musso... 1st hand advice...
    Ok ok. My bad. How many times do I need to stand corrected?

Mmm.. the Musso. First off I've got to first state that I don't like SUVs/SUTs (as Ssangyong call it) so I might be biased. The only other SUV/SUT I've driven before (a few times) is a Sukuzi Grand Vitara 2.0 (2000/2001 model).

Anyway, the bad:
    The Musso's build quality is horrible (probably the worse I've ever seen). Especially inside. Very poor workmanship and quality control (just take a look at the "wood" panels and plastics). The upholstery is really crappy too. Ride quality isn't very good (the suspension is very bouncy) and you'll feel even small bumps. The body roll isn't as bad as the Vitara though (which was REALLY bad). Performance-wise, even with a (older-model) Merc 2.9L turobo-diesel, this monster has terrible acceleration. It takes really long to build up revs and even then it only goes to about 3.5k or so before switching cogs. This is the auto version so I guess the manual would be much better here. The noise and vibration from the engine (or something) is very noticeable, even when at idle. The steering is also pretty heavy (even though it's powered). Some might like this because they think it's more "manly" but it's not for me. Not having a boot can be rather impractical, especially if you go for the open-air or rag-top version.

The good:
    It's i think one of the cheapest double cabs you can get. And for that you still get a pretty big engine (although the performance isn't that great) and a very huge vehicle. The cargo area isn't very large but this allows the interior to be larger than normal double cabs (since it actually extends over the rear axle). It can take 4-5 adults comfortably with lots of leg room. Erm, it comes with really huge tyres (235/70/R16 IIRC). Loads of ground clearance (like more than the Vitara) so it should be good for some offroading even though it's only 2WD (there is a 4WD version though). Fuel consumption seems pretty ok and furthermore it's diesel so it should it save you some $$$ over a similar petrol vehicle.

Quote Originally Posted by pixelArtwork
    Hi, what do you mean by "zhng" your ride? You mean those body kits? Wow, and thanks, that is a nice forum.
    "zhng" mean Modding the car if i'm not wrong

The LEICA RX7, naturally.

How about Toyota HiLux with cover root behind

Singapore selling about $38K

How about Toyota HiLux with cover root behind

Singapore selling about $38K
    If i'm not wrong there's no twin cab version of the HiLux in Sg right? 2 seater pickup like not very practical for personal use.

"zhng" mean Modding the car if i'm not wrong
    You are not wrong, bro. That is correct.

If i'm not wrong there's no twin cab version of the HiLux in Sg right? 2 seater pickup like not very practical for personal use.
    I had saw the SG police driving the Toyota HiLux on the road.

Most of the Van only come with 2 doors but behind can take passenger by pasting the number packs sticker obtain from LTA.

Woohoo! Prices has dropped! Now $55,000 can get Honda City! Come to think of it, for the price of Jazz, might as well get City. Now it is Latio or City for me.

Woohoo! Prices has dropped! Now $55,000 can get Honda City! Come to think of it, for the price of Jazz, might as well get City. Now it is Latio or City for me.
    Latio is Japan make and City is thailand make.

Jazz got the best fuel consumption

If want to get Latio go for CVT version.

Latio is Japan make and City is thailand make.

Jazz got the best fuel consumption

Hmmm, no wonder it is cheaper. Thanks for info.

Honda Jazz down to from $51,200

CVT improves FC.
    But not sure if the are cons against it.

OK confirm saw a singapore police driving the Toyota HiLux with 4 doors and behind is with root cover just like the Musso. Perhaps is paralle import from japan.

Hi all, would like your point of view what car would you get if you have a budget of around +- $60,000.
    new car the exterior design all look like C-r-a-p. too much curves, all look like overweight beetles
    i will save $40000 and spend $20000 on an old car.
    Last edited by user111; 25th June 2006 at 10:28 PM.

Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst ... 4567 LastLast