Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst ... 34567 LastLast

Thread: What car would you buy if you got $60,000?

Default Re: What car would you buy if you got $60,000?

Nowadays you can buy a commercial vehicle under your personal name. Dun need to register under a company. At least that's what the salesman asked my dad a mth ago when he bought a Ssangyong Musso. Oh and btw, it's not an option. The build quality is horrendous...

Quote Originally Posted by Denosha
    Nowadays you can buy a commercial vehicle under your personal name. Dun need to register under a company. At least that's what the salesman asked my dad a mth ago when he bought a Ssangyong Musso. Oh and btw, it's not an option. The build quality is horrendous...
    Hi, are you sure? no need to have a register company to buy a van? any http link from LTA to confirm??

Quote Originally Posted by JL1500k
    must well get the WRX STI version
    ... maybe the older WRX loh ... 2nd hand

Register private - no subsidy i think ... can't remember.

Whereas if you use a company's name, the vehicle's cost will be subsidised.

Ermm... dats 100% incorrect. You do not need a company name to register but you will need to register a business entity (Sole Proprietor) in order to register for a Goods Vehicle. Registration for a business entity is $60 and renewable yearly at $20.

If one did his/her maths correctly, you will find it not viable to get a Goods vehicle in these days. E.g. if you are getting a Musso at close to $60k, isnt it more viable to get a Toyota Altis at $54k? Though the latter can drive to Malaysia but you will need to register with Malaysia JPJ (Singapore equivalent) and pay the yearly road tax that Malaysia good vehicle is paying at no subsidary. Nevertheless, you can try driving in to Malaysia but chances of getting caught when coming out is high with a fine. Also, there is a PARF value for the Altis while none at all for the Musso after 10 years.

Even if comparing a smaller vehicle, e.g. Kangoo vs Picanto, the latter still has a lower depreciation value as compared to the earlier.

Hope it helps.

Cheers
    Last edited by Lmodel; 20th June 2006 at 09:54 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by pixelArtwork
    Any comments about Nissan Latio Sports?
    well im driving the latio sports. No regrets
    It is relatively fuel efficient. (at least 15km/l for me)
    not as efficient as the jazz of course.
    Fuel efficiency is detemined by your right foot. watch your rev if you want to save petrol

Wanted the jazz originally. but changed my mind immediately after i saw the Latio sports.
    Like the spacious interior the feel.

Quote Originally Posted by dEthANGeL
    Register private - no subsidy i think ... can't remember.

Whereas if you use a company's name, the vehicle's cost will be subsidised.
    Subsidy only applies for Company registered Passenger vehicle and not Goods vehicle.

Company registered Passenger vehicle (e.g. QGF1234X)
    Goods Vehicle (e.g. GZ1234X)

... maybe the older WRX loh ... 2nd hand
    Get ready to shell out for petrol. The Legacy GT wagon i'm driving now does about 14L/100km (~7.1km/L) and it's essentially has the same engine as the older 2.0T WRX. I imagine the new 2.5T would be even worse (although it did win some engine award or something, as I read in this month's issue of Torque).

But then again, the station wagon version of the legacy should be a far bit heavier than a WRX and furthermore it's auto...

Quote Originally Posted by Lmodel
    Ermm... dats 100% incorrect. You do not need a company name to register but you will need to register a business entity (Sole Proprietor) in order to register for a Goods Vehicle. Registration for a business entity is $60 and renewable yearly at $20.

If one did his/her maths correctly, you will find it not viable to get a Goods vehicle in these days. E.g. if you are getting a Musso at close to $60k, isnt it more viable to get a Toyota Altis at $54k? Though the latter can drive to Malaysia but you will need to register with Malaysia JPJ (Singapore equivalent) and pay the yearly road tax that Malaysia good vehicle is paying at no subsidary. Nevertheless, you can try driving in to Malaysia but chances of getting caught when coming out is high with a fine. Also, there is a PARF value for the Altis while none at all for the Musso after 10 years.

Even if comparing a smaller vehicle, e.g. Kangoo vs Picanto, the latter still has a lower depreciation value as compared to the earlier.

Hope it helps.

Cheers
    Hmmm.. ok. I stand corrected. Just sharing what I heard the salesman ask my dad. Didn't really bother to ask further because my dad was buying under a company.
    Last edited by Denosha; 20th June 2006 at 10:02 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Hobbes234
    well im driving the latio sports. No regrets
    It is relatively fuel efficient. (at least 15km/l for me)
    not as efficient as the jazz of course.
    Fuel efficiency is detemined by your right foot. watch your rev if you want to save petrol

Wanted the jazz originally. but changed my mind immediately after i saw the Latio sports.
    Like the spacious interior the feel.
    Yeah, I am contemplating between the two. 15km/L is not bad already. Is yours auto or manual? Other than FC, I am also looking out for the stability of the car. Seems like Jazz goes bumpy over humps if slightly too fast.

Get ready to shell out for petrol. The Legacy GT wagon i'm driving now does about 14L/100km (~7.1km/L) and it's essentially has the same engine as the older 2.0T WRX. I imagine the new 2.5T would be even worse (although it did win some engine award or something, as I read in this month's issue of Torque).

But then again, the station wagon version of the legacy should be a far bit heavier than a WRX and furthermore it's auto...
    The legacy (be it wagon or the notchback model) IS a heavy car. Coupled with AWD and your auto transmission (putting away the fact that you have a TC as well) - It still drinks. My friend who owns a 02 legacy is already complaining the car has no power and its too heavy and draggy. But then again, its how heavy footed a driver you are and how well maintained your car is which also contributes to fuel consumption.

Right now, I own a TS (manual), which I feel is already good enough, only thing tempting me now is a supersprint tailpipe - that's it ... my fuel consumption isn't that bad as it seems, just have to watch the gas when i throttle though for boxer engine, you really can get quite addicted to the sound when it purrs ... norm would be around 3-3.5K rpms when changing gears .. i refuel about 1-1.5wks ...

Yup, subaru's engine design won an award... i can't really recall what.
    Last edited by dEthANGeL; 20th June 2006 at 10:16 PM.

Right now, I own a TS (manual), which I feel is already good enough, only thing tempting me now is a supersprint tailpipe - that's it ... my fuel consumption isn't that bad as it seems, just have to watch the gas when i throttle though for boxer engine, you really can get quite addicted to the sound when it purrs ... norm would be around 3-3.5K rpms when changing gears .. i refuel about 1-1.5wks ...

Yup, subaru's engine design won an award... i can't really recall what.
    Wow...DA got TS... what's 1DsMk2.
    Gallery | Facebook Page Spreading the Good photography.

Quote Originally Posted by CYRN
    Wow...DA got TS... what's 1DsMk2.
    Old one lar ... its a car i share with my parents

Yeah, I am contemplating between the two. 15km/L is not bad already. Is yours auto or manual? Other than FC, I am also looking out for the stability of the car. Seems like Jazz goes bumpy over humps if slightly too fast.
    pixelArtwork, the Latio comes only in AT. FOr the normal Latio, it is a 4-gear AT. For the LAtion Premium, it comes with CVT.

what do you guys think of Mitsubishi I?

Quote Originally Posted by scanner
    M Lancer engine are quite noisy dun no other model. The new model of Lancer is coming i think is MIVEC engine.

Quote Originally Posted by scanner
    me thinking of getting the I. but do the calculation. not worth. about $10000 more than some other 1.3l to 1.6L CAR. with that money can pump a lot of petrol.

Quote Originally Posted by kohweeloon
    me thinking of getting the I. but do the calculation. not worth. about $10000 more than some other 1.3l to 1.6L CAR. with that money can pump a lot of petrol.
    So Getz 1.4cc is a good buy price liao. from $42K and road tax is about $760 yearly.

Save the rest for petrol as you have mentioned.

See thread #77
    Last edited by JL1500k; 21st June 2006 at 05:37 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Canew
    pixelArtwork, the Latio comes only in AT. FOr the normal Latio, it is a 4-gear AT. For the LAtion Premium, it comes with CVT.
    Ooo, thanks. Anyone got comments on Daihatus Terios, a SUV?

well, mine is the CVT.

well they dont have manual transmission for the singapore market.
    but they have it in the australian and US markets but they are 1.8 liters. having test driven both the makes, i think that the latio is more stable compared to the Jazz.
    I did not really notice the jazz being bumpy. main dislike would be the ride feels light.

to help you decide, you can check out Mycarforum. Do a search, there were quite a few threads comparing the 2 cars.
    IIRC, there was one at hardwarezone too.

but if you intend to "zhng" your ride, go with the jazz coz there are more options for you to play with.

Ooo, thanks. Anyone got comments on Daihatus Terios, a SUV?
    Daihatus Terios is a new model not many people bought it (about $58,900)

I believed all those SUV car fuel consumption is high compare to normal saloon car due to 2/4wheels drive and weight is heavy.

Advantage is seat is tall so that can see far and not afraid of flood bcos of it height. (Big wheel)

$58,900 can buy mazda 3 liao

Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst ... 34567 LastLast