Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: What car would you buy if you got $60,000?

Default Re: What car would you buy if you got $60,000?

petrol bills are ex. no point upping to 16" or more low-profile tyres. your fuel consumption goes higher. cost too much when u buy and when u wanna sell them, they fetch no resale value.

i went to check out the Honda, Toyota and Hyundai show rooms yesterday and between the jazz, yaris and getz - i didnt like the yaris' interior, the jazz felt a little plastic. i'm unable to give any comments on the getz's interior as it was already fitted with a body kit costing 7k and looks like a mini cooper.

Quote Originally Posted by Klose
    Just came out in S'pore Was $540 for 195/55R15 Tyres Now my car is really silent minus the wind noise
    You want to minus the wind noise har?

Very very easy......turn on your stereo to no.10......guarantee cannot hear the wind noise and people honking you! Wahahahaha......

Quote Originally Posted by speedblade
    OT .....

i see no point changing rims too.

In fact, i see no point spending more $$ on the car. As long as it stays trouble free and reasonably comfy, it's a good car.

Better to invest the $$ elsewhere.
    Yep agree with you totally......as long as you start to change something, your backside will be itchy to change the rest.

Renault Megane 2!!

6 Airbags, 5 star rated crash test results, awesome handling for a 1.6...does about 10-11km/l, one service every 20000km

Talking about SUVs, how about Daihatsu Terios? It claims it can do 7.9L/100km which is about 12.5km/L.

Seems that Honda Jazz seems very popular and due to its low FC, but I find it is a bit high on the price tag.

Any comments about Nissan Latio Sports?

Quote Originally Posted by art L
    Renault Megane 2!!

6 Airbags, 5 star rated crash test results, awesome handling for a 1.6...does about 10-11km/l, one service every 20000km
    Woah, one service every 20,000km? That is good! But engine oil lasts that long? Thot usually around 10k max.

Quote Originally Posted by pixelArtwork
    Woah, one service every 20,000km? That is good! But engine oil lasts that long? Thot usually around 10k max.
    depends on what motor oil u use.

i have used Mobil 1 and I went on for 25,000 km without ant problem but my mechanics told me if you want better fuel full efficient and a little more power, every 10,000k is a standard change.
    Last edited by Pro Image; 18th June 2006 at 01:21 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by pixelArtwork
    Read on the net (read: not sure how accurate), 20K is claimed by some oil manufacturers. However, note how they test the oil. In our start/stop environment, even 10k is stretching it. But .... dun care lah. use the car 10 years only .... not like other places, can use till car fall apart.

DO NOT buy a 60k car..no point..SERIOUSLY
    ..well just my 0.02
    no wait
    200 cents

Quote Originally Posted by speedblade
    Read on the net (read: not sure how accurate), 20K is claimed by some oil manufacturers. However, note how they test the oil. In our start/stop environment, even 10k is stretching it. But .... dun care lah. use the car 10 years only .... not like other places, can use till car fall apart.
    Agree with you, spent so much money on car but can only drive 10 years in S'pore. Really underutilize, some more now a day car engine is so advance and powerful and should be able last for 15 years...

In S'pore, if want to continue to drive above 10 years then have to renew COE for another 10 years. Every year road tax increase by 10% to 5th years max is 50% on road tax. 6th to 10th years continue to pay road tax 50% more.

Example 1st year road tax is 10% more
    2nd year raod tax is another 10% more (Total 20% more)
    continue to 5th year is 50% more

Imagine 1.6cc road tax is $950 yearly, 50% more is paying $1425 from 5th year onward

S'pore gov is seem to encourage pp to change new car every 10 yrs. So that economical is moving...
    Last edited by JL1500k; 18th June 2006 at 03:03 PM.

Er, OT a bit

Anyone knows the minimum petrol RON for Toyota Corolla XLi? And the Altis too?

I know RON for Vios is 91.

Quote Originally Posted by JL1500k
    My First choice Honda Jazz - Best fuel consumption among 1.3/1.4 litre car at around $57k
    Second Choice Suzuki Swift Sport 1.6 - Best horse Power at 125 among 1.6 litre car at around $64k
    Third Choice Toyota Wish (JDM) - Cheapest among all the MPV car at around $63k
    Dun get Wish. A lot of problems with the car. Toyota also stop bringing in the car.

Quote Originally Posted by CYRN
    Take note of cost of spare parts in the case of breakdown.

Last I check, Jap car's spares are widely available and cheaper than the Korean counterparts.
    Totally agree. Although Korean cars are cheap but their spare parts ain't cheap. Also they are well known for high fuel comsumption. Bearing in mind that the current fuel price isn't that cheap anymore.

i suppose the best all round car in terms of easy maintainance and fuel consupmtion will be toyota Altis bah...

The Getz Zipi (the one that looks like mini) is pretty cool too... Very powerful car, but its afterall a korean car... parts may be more ex, fuel consupmtion not very gd, engine tech not the best...

If you have the ability, get continental car, they tend to be more "hardy" and safer...

I would buy the new Golf R32.... $60,000 for down payment.
    Just nice. Then the rest of the 6 years eat grass.

Quote Originally Posted by Ihsan Chua
    Dun get Wish. A lot of problems with the car. Toyota also stop bringing in the car.
    Care to explain more about the problems that had surfaced with the car?

BTW, I thought Borneo Motors have never brought the car in. So far, only the parallel importers sell the Wish.

Depends on your priorities. I'd look at the plus points, like handling, comfort, and safety.

Quote Originally Posted by JL1500k
    continental car is good but heavy and fuel comsumption lose out to japanese car

Correct. BM brings in the Picnic, parallel importers bring in the Wish. BM never marketed the Wish in SG.

Quote Originally Posted by drafting88
    Care to explain more about the problems that had surfaced with the car?

BTW, I thought Borneo Motors have never brought the car in. So far, only the parallel importers sell the Wish.

anybody every considered a van? less than 40K, runs diesel, easily 14k/l, 500 a year road tax. Ask yourself what you want, the thing about van, is that most are 2 seaters. If you want to look good, then you pay the premium, if you just need a transportation, a van is the way to go

Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast