Thread: Esplanade shots again~

Default Esplanade shots again~

Hi i'm a newbie in photography and here's some shots from my first shoot at the esplanade area. pls comment on it and give some pointers to improve my shooting. Thanks~

all pics taken with canon ixus v3.

for more pics pls browse my gallery HERE

please feel free to comment on the pics~ thanks!

Welcome to Clubsnap

The first 2 shots look ok to me. For the 4rd shot, the merlion body is overexposed. I quite like the 2nd shot, maybe wait till the traffic light turn yellow or red then will look better as green is quite striking in the shot.

Offtopic:

regarding the first skyline shot, does anything think that shift lenses will help to correct the "converging verticals" problem? Or only minimize?

My hunch is that it only minimizes because no matter what, the camera still has to point upwards to take the shot.. right?

Originally posted by cillin
    Welcome to Clubsnap

The first 2 shots look ok to me. For the 4rd shot, the merlion body is overexposed. I quite like the 2nd shot, maybe wait till the traffic light turn yellow or red then will look better as green is quite striking in the shot.
    thanks for the comments!

for the 3rd pic what should i do to correct the overexposure? shld i use exposure compensation? or spot meter the merlion and make the background darker? or perhaps reduce the shutter speed?

agree with you on the fullerton pic... the green is quite an eyesore amidst the warm yellow/orange hues...