Thread: Sigma 400mm APO Tele-Macro HSM for nikon mount?!?

Default Sigma 400mm APO Tele-Macro HSM for nikon mount?!?

I am selling the 400mm Sigma APO Tele-Macro. This is widely known on the net to be the last iteration of this lens before it was discontinued. Nowhere in my research have I ever encountered a HSM version for nikon, yet I have one buyer insisting that such a lens exists. To my knowledge, Sigma lenses of that era did not have HSM incorporated for nikon mounts, such as the situation now for Sigma lenses for KM mount.

However, this buyer remains unconvinced and suggests that my claim that the lens is the last iteration is misleading.

Any enlightened forumners out there who have evidence that such a lens(Sigma 400mm f5.6 APO Tele-Macro HSM Nikon Mount) exists?

Blog Entries

Default Re: Sigma 400mm APO Tele-Macro HSM for nikon mount?!?

Quote Originally Posted by Zerstorer
    I am selling the 400mm Sigma APO Tele-Macro. This is widely known on the net to be the last iteration of this lens before it was discontinued. Nowhere in my research have I ever encountered a HSM version for nikon, yet I have one buyer insisting that such a lens exists. To my knowledge, Sigma lenses of that era did not have HSM incorporated for nikon mounts, such as the situation now for Sigma lenses for KM mount.

However, this buyer remains unconvinced and suggests that my claim that the lens is the last iteration is misleading.

Any enlightened forumners out there who have evidence that such a lens(Sigma 400mm f5.6 APO Tele-Macro HSM Nikon Mount) exists?
    http://www.fredmiranda.com/reviews/s...&cat=38&page=1

he/she/it must be referring to this. the fine print on FM site's said the HSM is available for sigma and canon mounts. nothing is mentioned abt nikon.
    If Life worked on auto mode then manual mode for photography would have never existed. ― Deeksha Mittal

Well, the buyer states that "=_= if u have gone to dpreview, u can clearly see that there is hsm for nikon mount.. do i need to provide my research website for u?"

I am greatly disturbed by this as it suggests that I have not been trawling dpreview often enough as I seem to have missed it despite doing much research prior to my purchase.

I need help.

Should ask the guy to provide the link, that will be good to see.

Well, the guy has not replied to me after I challenged him for proof.....weird.