Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 20 of 26

Thread: Wedding dinner using built-in flash?

  1. #1

    Default Wedding dinner using built-in flash?

    went to attend my wife's friend dinner recently and saw 2 photographers using build in flash and shoot all night long... dun know what will be end products... was kind of speechless when i saw that.

  2. #2
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Oct 2003
    Location
    Last planet from the sun
    Posts
    2,822

    Default Re: wedding dinner using build in flash?

    Nothing new......

    Maybe the couple did not even hire any photographers? Maybe those are friends? I have attended wedding where there are no photographers was hired but many friends and relatives just use their P&S to shoot for the couples.

  3. #3

    Default Re: wedding dinner using build in flash?

    no.. heard they are enaged from jb from the bridal studio. nothing personally against photographers there, but for indoor photography using direct flash from built in cam are .

  4. #4

    Default Re: wedding dinner using build in flash?

    that shows that you never know what you going to get when you engage photographers from studio, esp if studio charge you cheap like $400.

  5. #5
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Oct 2003
    Location
    Last planet from the sun
    Posts
    2,822

    Default Re: wedding dinner using build in flash?

    Quote Originally Posted by STEV
    no.. heard they are enaged from jb from the bridal studio. nothing personally against photographers there, but for indoor photography using direct flash from built in cam are .
    From what I have heard those JB photographers usually being paid by the studio only about SGD$150-200 to shoot for couples in Singapore. Some have no choice but LL have to shoot for the bridal studio.

  6. #6
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Oct 2003
    Location
    Last planet from the sun
    Posts
    2,822

    Default Re: wedding dinner using build in flash?

    Quote Originally Posted by madmacs
    that shows that you never know what you going to get when you engage photographers from studio, esp if studio charge you cheap like $400.
    Usually, studio photographers skills are ok for actual wedding day shoots but you will not get higher standard like JOHO and Kelvin. JOHO and Kelvin do post process but those in JB just shoot, transfer and print.

  7. #7
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jul 2002
    Location
    Planet Eropagnis
    Posts
    2,944

    Default Re: wedding dinner using build in flash?

    Quote Originally Posted by STEV
    went to attend my wife's friend dinner recently and saw 2 photographers using build in flash and shoot all night long... dun know what will be end products... was kind of speechless when i saw that.
    If u are saying Tea Ceremony, well I had done it with built in flash. Shadows a little harsh on the walls. But bo pian, cos flash battery ran completely flat.

    If u are talking wedding dinner... I don't know how the hell that is going to be possible. Serious.
    "Wonders of the Human Mind. Unfathomable to the highest degree."

  8. #8
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2002
    Location
    Singapore
    Posts
    12,938

    Default Re: wedding dinner using build in flash?

    it's the end results that count. as long as they can deliver, using built-in or external, doesn't really matter much, and having external flash does not automatically mean good results (e.g. bouncing off high or colored ceilings could make things worse!).

    that said, i like to use elaborate flash setup (wireless trigger plus Lightsphere) for weddings, especially when i'm just a backup.... quite fun

  9. #9
    Deregistered
    Join Date
    Dec 2002
    Location
    Planet Nikon
    Posts
    21,905

    Default Re: wedding dinner using build in flash?

    Quote Originally Posted by mpenza
    it's the end results that count. as long as they can deliver, using built-in or external, doesn't really matter much, and having external flash does not automatically mean good results (e.g. bouncing off high or colored ceilings could make things worse!).

    that said, i like to use elaborate flash setup (wireless trigger plus Lightsphere) for weddings, especially when i'm just a backup.... quite fun
    Jio me along to back up you next time, I'll do CLS

  10. #10
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2002
    Location
    Singapore
    Posts
    12,938

    Default Re: wedding dinner using build in flash?

    Quote Originally Posted by espn
    Jio me along to back up you next time, I'll do CLS
    with 8 SB800 sticking out behind ur back? would be fun

  11. #11

    Default Re: wedding dinner using build in flash?

    Quote Originally Posted by Pro Image
    Usually, studio photographers skills are ok for actual wedding day shoots but you will not get higher standard like JOHO and Kelvin. JOHO and Kelvin do post process but those in JB just shoot, transfer and print.
    i dont doubt the skills of the studio photographers. but when they offer you cheap actual day services, it is unlikely the studio photographers will be involved. more like subcon to freelancers. happened to my brother before - even very out of focus pics also put in album.

    hmm...think of it. i wonder if my bro got assigned a jb photographer

  12. #12
    Deregistered
    Join Date
    Dec 2002
    Location
    Planet Nikon
    Posts
    21,905

    Default Re: wedding dinner using build in flash?

    Quote Originally Posted by mpenza
    with 8 SB800 sticking out behind ur back? would be fun
    I'll use color-gels even

  13. #13

    Default Re: wedding dinner using build in flash?

    If u are saying Tea Ceremony, well I had done it with built in flash. Shadows a little harsh on the walls. But bo pian, cos flash battery ran completely flat.

    If u are talking wedding dinner... I don't know how the hell that is going to be possible. Serious.

    with v. high ceilings somemore... normally i brought 20 AA size batteries out for wedding, if built in flash is able to make it, well that cut a lot of the weights...

  14. #14

    Default Re: wedding dinner using build in flash?

    Quote Originally Posted by mpenza
    it's the end results that count. as long as they can deliver, using built-in or external, doesn't really matter much, and having external flash does not automatically mean good results (e.g. bouncing off high or colored ceilings could make things worse!).

    that said, i like to use elaborate flash setup (wireless trigger plus Lightsphere) for weddings, especially when i'm just a backup.... quite fun
    ya.. that's true, without knowledge of the equipment, pictures might look worse than pns camera... That's set apart cameraman n photographer i guess.

    do u brought tripod for the setup? kee..kee... must try one day.

  15. #15
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    May 2003
    Location
    State of Confusion
    Posts
    2,196

    Default Re: wedding dinner using build in flash?

    Well, if the photographers happen to be cheap, then that explains everything.

    But really, not all couples really bother about actual day photography. The fact that so many of them have their budget between $0-$50 sums up a lot. They are not so interested in whether your pics turn out with great composition and exposure. Can see face, can already. They just want the table-to-table shots to see who got come that day to give ang-pao. There are many photographers who do exactly that, and they still have many satisfied customers.

    Then again, any camera also can. But chao-chao also must have one external flash, lah.
    Sony Alpha system user. www.pbase.com/synapseman

  16. #16
    Senior Member jOhO's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2003
    Location
    Singapore
    Posts
    6,485

    Default Re: wedding dinner using build in flash?

    Quote Originally Posted by STEV
    If u are saying Tea Ceremony, well I had done it with built in flash. Shadows a little harsh on the walls. But bo pian, cos flash battery ran completely flat.

    If u are talking wedding dinner... I don't know how the hell that is going to be possible. Serious.

    with v. high ceilings somemore... normally i brought 20 AA size batteries out for wedding, if built in flash is able to make it, well that cut a lot of the weights...
    wish i could use "batteries running flat" as an excuse for poorly lit images..

  17. #17
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2002
    Location
    Singapore
    Posts
    12,938

    Default Re: wedding dinner using build in flash?

    Quote Originally Posted by STEV
    do u brought tripod for the setup? kee..kee... must try one day.
    no tripod or monopod... handheld all the way (usually 20D+10-22 in one hand and 580EX in the other)

  18. #18

    Default Re: wedding dinner using build in flash?

    Quote Originally Posted by jOhO
    wish i could use "batteries running flat" as an excuse for poorly lit images..
    that's why always brought more batteries out, havent encounter this problem yet and hope will not happen to me too...
    but if really bobiah like what jsbn encounter, i will use the pop up flash too

  19. #19

    Default Re: wedding dinner using build in flash?

    [quote=synapseman]

    But really, not all couples really bother about actual day photography. The fact that so many of them have their budget between $0-$50 sums up a lot. They are not so interested in whether your pics turn out with great composition and exposure. Can see face, can already. They just want the table-to-table shots to see who got come that day to give ang-pao.


    hmm.... sad to said what you said are quite true.

  20. #20
    Deregistered
    Join Date
    Dec 2002
    Location
    Planet Nikon
    Posts
    21,905

    Default Re: wedding dinner using build in flash?

    What's wrong with using inbuilt flash?

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •