Thread: Where to visit San Fran ?

Default Where to visit San Fran ?

hey, dear cser, i will be visiting San Fran in August. Anyone can advise on where to visit ? Thinking of visiting LA too, but not sure which is the best option to travel from SFO to LA. Should i take the flight of Sin-SFO-Sin, then take budget airline to travel to LA, or take Sin-SFO, then LA-Sin, and rent a car to drive from SFO to LA.

will be there ard 10 days. Any tot?

p/s: i do not have big travel budget for the trip...probably below $4k.

Default Re: Where to visit San Fran ?

Just some suggestions:

1) Pier 39
    2) Twin Peaks
    3) Coit Tower
    4) Golden Gate Bridge
    5) Alcatraz
    6) Lombard Street
    7) Golden Gate Park
    8) Ocean Beach plus Cliffhouse
    9) Gilroy Factory Outlets (In & Out Burger)
    10) Pls avoid downtown SF at night unless you've got a car and you know where you're headed
    11) Fry's Electronics (check the yellow pages for locations) if you're a tech geek and love gadgets etc.

For LA:

1) In & Out Burger
    2) Krispy Kreme Doughnuts
    3) Citadel Outlets (factory outlet stores)
    4) Disneyland?
    5) Universal Studios?

Sorry man. I lived near SF for 2yrs, so LA's more of a mystery to me. Hope this helps though.

BTW, you going alone or what?
    Last edited by Reflection; 16th June 2006 at 10:44 PM.

As complexity rises, precise statements lose meaning and meaningful statements lose precision.

For LA, you need to go to the foot of Beverley hills @ La Cienega Blvd and eat at a place called lawrey's. the food there is simply superb... 1000x better than the one in sg... some nice places that I like is santa monica beach... if you are driving, can drive up holywood hills the way to go up quite secluded one... its near kodak center... that area can see the mansions of different movie stars... too bad you can only see from afar... I find universal studio and disneyland a little too boring... but then again its tourist attraction... if you like roller coaster... can go knotts bery farm... and near beverley hills @ la brea there is a pinks hot dog... very nice hot dogs they sell there... BTW in san frans... you must go fisherman's wharf to eat the crab... damn shiok sia.... Sorry i dun live in LA either... everytime i go LA or SF, i spend most of my time eating... in LA can even find singapore food.... that explains why i recommend restaruants more than places of interest....

Quote Originally Posted by MuthuCurry
    hey, dear cser, i will be visiting San Fran in August. Anyone can advise on where to visit ? Thinking of visiting LA too, but not sure which is the best option to travel from SFO to LA. Should i take the flight of Sin-SFO-Sin, then take budget airline to travel to LA, or take Sin-SFO, then LA-Sin, and rent a car to drive from SFO to LA.

will be there ard 10 days. Any tot?

p/s: i do not have big travel budget for the trip...probably below $4k.

Driving isn't too bad if you think you have no problems driving over there.
    From SF to LA you can go via Gilroy, Montery etc etc .. you can drive along the coast if you're not in a rush or there's a more direct interstate a little inland. You'll probably take a day to drive down though.

Anyway, as long as you stay within california driving should be fine. If you leave the state, the rental companies will charge you a drop charge I think which can easily work out to a couple hundred US.

As for what/where to visit, I think most have already been mentioned.