Results 1 to 12 of 12

Thread: Degree in photography

  1. #1

    Default Degree in photography

    Hey guys, do any of you know any outstanding UNI or institutes which offers degree or masters course in photography?

  2. #2

    Default Re: Degree in photography

    Quote Originally Posted by Chris Lim
    Hey guys, do any of you know any outstanding UNI or institutes which offers degree or masters course in photography?
    NTU's Art, Design and Media School - i think deadline for application is May -but u can still check - go to www.ntu.edu.sg - and go to the ADM link (or CREATE link).

  3. #3
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Oct 2003
    Location
    Last planet from the sun
    Posts
    2,822

    Default Re: Degree in photography

    There are no degree courses in Photography in Singapore as of this stage. Correct me if I am wrong.

    The nearest Uni would be RMIT - Royal Melbourne Institute of Technology which offers all the way to Doctorate in Photography
    Last edited by Pro Image; 16th June 2006 at 11:27 AM.

  4. #4

    Default Re: Degree in photography

    was kinda thinking overseas as well. Wanna do some research to hopefully get a degree to minor in photography.

  5. #5
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Oct 2003
    Location
    Last planet from the sun
    Posts
    2,822

    Default Re: Degree in photography

    Quote Originally Posted by Chris Lim
    was kinda thinking overseas as well. Wanna do some research to hopefully get a degree to minor in photography.
    Then it would be RMIT.

    http://www.rmit.edu.au/browse;ID=BP1...US=A;VIEW=INTL;

    Please check the tuition fees as it has gone up in recent years.

    Full time is AUD$51,000 for 3 years.

    If you are thinking of Minoring in this field, I guess you may need to call them up or write to them. There is a International Director for Asian Region person in-charge for Photography and Design courses at RMIT. His name is Mr Gus van der Hyde. I do not have the email with me at the moment but if you are interested, please let me know. I can PM to you his email.

  6. #6

    Default Re: Degree in photography

    Quote Originally Posted by Pro Image
    Then it would be RMIT.

    http://www.rmit.edu.au/browse;ID=BP1...US=A;VIEW=INTL;

    Please check the tuition fees as it has gone up in recent years.

    Full time is AUD$51,000 for 3 years.

    If you are thinking of Minoring in this field, I guess you may need to call them up or write to them. There is a International Director for Asian Region person in-charge for Photography and Design courses at RMIT. His name is Mr Gus van der Hyde. I do not have the email with me at the moment but if you are interested, please let me know. I can PM to you his email.
    Wooohoooo thats gonna cost. LOL how about academy of arts in San Fran? any ideas abt that place?

  7. #7
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Oct 2003
    Location
    Last planet from the sun
    Posts
    2,822

    Default Re: Degree in photography

    Quote Originally Posted by Chris Lim
    Wooohoooo thats gonna cost. LOL how about academy of arts in San Fran? any ideas abt that place?
    San Fran is not cheap as well.....if you are talking about the PARSONS School of Design.

  8. #8

    Default Re: Degree in photography

    Quote Originally Posted by Pro Image
    San Fran is not cheap as well.....if you are talking about the PARSONS School of Design.
    Nope the academy of arts. Offers a Mfa and Mba course.

  9. #9

    Default Re: Degree in photography

    Quote Originally Posted by Chris Lim
    Nope the academy of arts. Offers a Mfa and Mba course.
    Yale has the most prestigious MFA course around for photography. many big respected names from the art photography world come out from there (including a certain phillip lorca diCorcia)

    School of Visual Arts in New York has a very strong MFA program also

  10. #10

    Default Re: Degree in photography

    Quote Originally Posted by Pro Image
    San Fran is not cheap as well.....if you are talking about the PARSONS School of Design.
    I think you will be easily looking at US$30 to US$40 K a year - if it is SF or NYC (including living expenses) - but if u r doing MFA maybe u can apply for grant from yr second year onwards and/or do internship, work part time etc. Most MFA progs in the US (prob for Photography as well) - abt 3 - 4 yrs long.

    This is a link from US News and World Report - Unis with the Top Grad Programs in the US - ranking done in 2003 -
    http://gradschool.about.com/gi/dynam...tsp3_brief.php

    1. Art Center College of Design (CA)
    2. Rhode Island School of Design (RI)
    3. Carnegie Mellon University (PA)
    4. Cranbrook Academy of Art (MI)

  11. #11

    Default Re: Degree in photography

    Great. thanks for the excellent info guys.

  12. #12
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Feb 2003
    Location
    Somewhere Out There
    Posts
    2,567

    Default Re: Degree in photography

    Actually, there is one more school that offers degrees up to the Masters level in visual arts, but it is really quite expensive.

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •