Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 20 of 22

Thread: Clubsnap unstable lately.

  1. #1

    Default Clubsnap unstable lately.

    I got a number of non-display log ons lately.

  2. #2
    Deregistered
    Join Date
    Dec 2002
    Location
    Planet Nikon
    Posts
    21,905

    Default Re: Clubsnap unstable lately.

    A sign to shoot more instead of surf.

  3. #3
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jul 2002
    Location
    Planet Eropagnis
    Posts
    2,944

    Default Re: Clubsnap unstable lately.

    Hmm... so what happened to the money for the gallery subscription thing? I thought the original purpose is to get more bandwidth, upgrade to a better server, something like dat?
    "Wonders of the Human Mind. Unfathomable to the highest degree."

  4. #4

    Default Re: Clubsnap unstable lately.

    I could not access just now....

  5. #5
    Deregistered
    Join Date
    Dec 2002
    Location
    Planet Nikon
    Posts
    21,905

    Default Re: Clubsnap unstable lately.

    Quote Originally Posted by jsbn
    Hmm... so what happened to the money for the gallery subscription thing? I thought the original purpose is to get more bandwidth, upgrade to a better server, something like dat?
    The $ was the replacement for a new DB server. The bandwidth has nothing to do with server load.

    Server is overloaded when the application+server cannot handle the number of concurrent users and their concurrent transactions.

    Or it might be the webcrawlers updating their DBs at a particular time so the server is overloaded as the webcrawlers use up tonnes of CPU processes.

    Unless you wanna chip in for a 4-8way system for CS

  6. #6
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jul 2002
    Location
    Planet Eropagnis
    Posts
    2,944

    Default Re: Clubsnap unstable lately.

    Unbelievable. I dunno that CS is so popular.
    Maybe next time can charge deluxe membership liaoz... Maybe $20 for deluxe membership.
    "Wonders of the Human Mind. Unfathomable to the highest degree."

  7. #7
    Deregistered
    Join Date
    Dec 2002
    Location
    Planet Nikon
    Posts
    21,905

    Default Re: Clubsnap unstable lately.

    Quote Originally Posted by jsbn
    Unbelievable. I dunno that CS is so popular.
    Maybe next time can charge deluxe membership liaoz... Maybe $20 for deluxe membership.
    Not really.. EDMW more popular still

  8. #8
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jun 2004
    Location
    Siglap
    Posts
    1,652

    Default Re: Clubsnap unstable lately.

    Hmm... i thought there is a way to prevent web crawlers / spiders from "caching" a site?

  9. #9
    Member
    Join Date
    Feb 2006
    Location
    Jurong
    Posts
    478

    Default Re: Clubsnap unstable lately.

    Try not to open too many internet windows & playing online game at the same time.

  10. #10
    Deregistered
    Join Date
    Dec 2002
    Location
    Planet Nikon
    Posts
    21,905

    Default Re: Clubsnap unstable lately.

    Quote Originally Posted by dEthANGeL
    Hmm... i thought there is a way to prevent web crawlers / spiders from "caching" a site?
    Put a robots.txt into the public_html I believe. But crawlers can still ignore it I believe.

  11. #11
    Senior Member +evenstar's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Location
    Singapore / United Kingdom
    Posts
    5,655

    Default Re: Clubsnap unstable lately.

    Quote Originally Posted by rayblade
    Try not to open too many internet windows & playing online game at the same time.
    no difference..
    eat. drink. shoot

  12. #12
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jun 2004
    Location
    Siglap
    Posts
    1,652

    Default Re: Clubsnap unstable lately.

    Quote Originally Posted by espn
    Put a robots.txt into the public_html I believe. But crawlers can still ignore it I believe.
    Yeap ... believe that is so ... don't tell me now the crawlers / spiders are so advanced that they know how to ignore the file? ... lost touch on this already ...

  13. #13

    Default Re: Clubsnap unstable lately.

    Quote Originally Posted by dEthANGeL
    Hmm... i thought there is a way to prevent web crawlers / spiders from "caching" a site?
    I never robot this site leh, and I never did that to any site!

    PS:

    Now I know ESPN and JSBN are different persons.

  14. #14
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jul 2002
    Location
    Planet Eropagnis
    Posts
    2,944

    Default Re: Clubsnap unstable lately.

    Quote Originally Posted by rayblade
    Try not to open too many internet windows & playing online game at the same time.
    Maybe if u can write a script that opens 1000 windows for Clubsnap and refreshing them simultaneously, it will crash the server?
    "Wonders of the Human Mind. Unfathomable to the highest degree."

  15. #15
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jul 2002
    Location
    Planet Eropagnis
    Posts
    2,944

    Default Re: Clubsnap unstable lately.

    Quote Originally Posted by dRebelXT
    I never robot this site leh, and I never did that to any site!

    PS:

    Now I know ESPN and JSBN are different persons.
    After like 2yrs in Clubsnap u still dunno the difference between espn and jsbn? Die... Die... I go and tiao lao oredi.
    "Wonders of the Human Mind. Unfathomable to the highest degree."

  16. #16
    Deregistered
    Join Date
    Dec 2002
    Location
    Planet Nikon
    Posts
    21,905

    Default Re: Clubsnap unstable lately.

    Quote Originally Posted by dEthANGeL
    Yeap ... believe that is so ... don't tell me now the crawlers / spiders are so advanced that they know how to ignore the file? ... lost touch on this already ...
    The last one I used gave me an option to ignore robots.txt

  17. #17
    Deregistered
    Join Date
    Dec 2002
    Location
    Planet Nikon
    Posts
    21,905

    Default Re: Clubsnap unstable lately.

    Quote Originally Posted by jsbn
    After like 2yrs in Clubsnap u still dunno the difference between espn and jsbn? Die... Die... I go and tiao lao oredi.
    Wah lao... I'm linked to jsbn, si beh no face ah!!! Die ah!!!!!!!!

    j/k


  18. #18
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jul 2002
    Location
    Planet Eropagnis
    Posts
    2,944

    Default Re: Clubsnap unstable lately.

    No doubt my camera now is using Nikon lens, but compared to the Pro, I'm still like 20yrs short.
    "Wonders of the Human Mind. Unfathomable to the highest degree."

  19. #19
    Deregistered
    Join Date
    Dec 2002
    Location
    Planet Nikon
    Posts
    21,905

    Default Re: Clubsnap unstable lately.

    Quote Originally Posted by jsbn
    No doubt my camera now is using Nikon lens, but compared to the Pro, I'm still like 20yrs short.
    NB....

    jsbn

  20. #20
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jul 2002
    Location
    Planet Eropagnis
    Posts
    2,944

    Default Re: Clubsnap unstable lately.

    We are now one of the same kind using the same mount of lenses. Body name abit different only, wad's with all the koking on the brotherhood?
    "Wonders of the Human Mind. Unfathomable to the highest degree."

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •