Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Thread: Is post processing that important

Default Re: Is post processing that important

Quote Originally Posted by eikin
    yes.

oh well, i shall not entertain such unproductive questions anymore.

maybe i need to rephrase.

dear mpenza,

i find user111's posts most unnecessarily rude and ignorant. please take note, thank you.

won't that form of 'post processing' help in the thread starter's question? what's so rude about it?

where did you get that idea from?
    rude? ?

heh. now its my turn to second that.

Quote Originally Posted by enyu
    sometime just wondering is post processing really that important invested so much on a DSLR, it should be able to take 'correction-free' pictures isn't it ?? why do we still need software to correct the pic ?

Hi enyu,

Just to share my view.

My understanding of 'correction-free' photo is no correction being done at all.

Film photographer

1) Pre-processing - Use filter or film to "correct" the light or extreme WB.
    2) Post-processing - in darkroom

Digital photographer

1) Pre-processing - Adjust camera build-in setting before shots
    2) Post-processing - Use software to Pro-process in digital darkroom

It is possible to avoid any correction (be it Pre or Post) as long as we are at the right time , right lights, right moment. But how often we can be in that right situation ?

I belong to those pro-processing type cos I believe pro-processing is part of the digital darkroom process. Futhermore , I am not good enough as those who can have one shots one clean kill.

Just my 2 cents worth.

Anyone are welcome to correct me if I am in the wrong path.

Regards
    寒冰不能斷流水 枯木亦會再逢春

Blog Entries

hello I am pro PP as well

but you need to shoot well first

as eikin said rubbish in, rubbish out

only the image matters, how it is done does not matter
    Last edited by ortega; 15th June 2006 at 11:46 PM.

There are people who sees Post-Processing as a crime... and of cos there are people who Loves to do post-processing. And there are also people who will choose to stand in-between. It doesnt matter which category you belong to. Its up to your own choice...

But my 2 cents will be that both "Post-Processing", and "Just Pure Photography" are kind of an ART Form of their own. They may look easy to achieve, but to be good even at just one subject isnt a childplay...

My Gallery at DeviantART http://waiaung.deviantart.com

From a customer's point of view, the final image is all that matters. You can draw pixel by pixel using Paint for all they care. From a photographer's point of view, we all try to create the perfect frame we envision straight out from the cam. PP to me is a valuable skill that adds on to the creative potential of the original image. It is only when you have a good image to work with that the final output will be something to marvel at. BTW, erik, I think you are seriously missing out on something
    If you understand my works, it's photography. If you don't, it's art.
    SplutterPhotography|flickr

cool cool......

i think, learning how to PP is an important skill. using it creatively will let u make the picture very interesting
    D70s-er Since 2005

Hello Erik,

I couldnt help but note that you are against Eikin?

(1) Having a 1DMarkII doesnt mean you can produce great pictures instantly
    (2) He has repeatedly answered that Custom Curve loading IS a form of postprocessing. It allows you to have out of camera picture because it loads a certain algorithm into ur camera aka Photoshop Actions.

that said, loading a custom curve does not solve the question as it depends on the situation you are shooting in. There is no one CUSTOM CURVE ultimate. So, Post processing in those situation that the custom curve did not work or in fact give problems is still required. So now, is post processing required?

Regards,
    tltan

Quote Originally Posted by tltan
    Hello Erik,

I couldnt help but note that you are against Eikin?

(1) Having a 1DMarkII doesnt mean you can produce great pictures instantly
    (2) He has repeatedly answered that Custom Curve loading IS a form of postprocessing. It allows you to have out of camera picture because it loads a certain algorithm into ur camera aka Photoshop Actions.

that said, loading a custom curve does not solve the question as it depends on the situation you are shooting in. There is no one CUSTOM CURVE ultimate. So, Post processing in those situation that the custom curve did not work or in fact give problems is still required. So now, is post processing required?

Regards,
    tltan
    am I?

(1) who said anything about it?
    (2) uh huh.. okay?

yes, no ultimate custom curve. user111 is happy with his results using that method and he's just suggestion or whatever you call it to the threadstarter. then came a eye rolling smiley and then a 'hey you rude'.

Quote Originally Posted by Splutter
    From a customer's point of view, the final image is all that matters. You can draw pixel by pixel using Paint for all they care. From a photographer's point of view, we all try to create the perfect frame we envision straight out from the cam. PP to me is a valuable skill that adds on to the creative potential of the original image. It is only when you have a good image to work with that the final output will be something to marvel at. BTW, erik, I think you are seriously missing out on something

come straight to the point.
    you might be the one.

i think many of us have made our point but some just don't get it.
    If you understand my works, it's photography. If you don't, it's art.
    SplutterPhotography|flickr

I think the thread starter got the point already. There's no purpose for this thread to continue then. Thread hereby closed.

Thread starter, if you are still having doubts, feel free to start another thread.

Digital Darkroom

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234