Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Is post processing that important

Default Re: Is post processing that important

Quote Originally Posted by mpenza
    It's actually the reverse... DSLR gives u the performance and control, including the flexibility to do post-processing instead of relying on the camera's inbuilt processing. Of course, you can always adjust the settings accordingly in camera and point-n-shoot-n-print. Nothing wrong with that (I do that sometimes too). But for important "work" (or to impress people ), I usually do some additional post-processing to make a good picture even better.
    dear mpenza,

i find user111's posts most unnecessarily rude and ignorant. please take note, thank you.

Quote Originally Posted by drumma
    hahaha.. i was waiting for someone to say that.
    sorry to make you wait so long, i was busy

thks....

Quote Originally Posted by eikin
    sorry to make you wait so long, i was busy

haha! life's good at jap uh?! :P

up to u to intepret it in a way that u like. our english, our definitions and and experiences vary. anyway the main thing is to help the threadstarter.

anyway i see more posts from the same joker whats his name? E something something ome right? ..haha trying to shout thru soundproof glass. lolll

enyu, as much as you enjoy taking pictures, i hope you'll learn to enjoy post processing your pictures as well. 'apparently' depending on individuals it might not be a necessary thing to do. but i would say that those who reject post processing as being part of the process in photography are rejecting possibilities, possibilities to produce better works, and possibilities to create beyond the limitations of physical equipment.

Quote Originally Posted by drumma
    haha! life's good at jap uh?! :P
    thanks it's getting wonderful, my uni seminars have started, so getting more and more busy by the day.

piaseh to OT
    Last edited by eikin; 15th June 2006 at 06:21 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by user111
    up to u to intepret it in a way that u like. our english, our definitions and and experiences vary. anyway the main thing is to help the threadstarter.

anyway i see more posts from the same joker whats his name? E something something ome right? ..haha trying to shout thru soundproof glass. lolll
    you can choose to fight an illusionary Enemy and continue to mislead the threadstarter, that's your choice. but i hope you can keep your ignorance to yourself.

Hi all, please keep your conversation civil, and refrain from name callings. User111, we are not interested in guessing who's the E. So let's drop it and move on with something more constructive for the thread starter.

Thank you.

Digital Darkroom

i agree with what mpenza said on this issue

Quote Originally Posted by enyu
    sometime just wondering is post processing really that important invested so much on a DSLR, it should be able to take 'correction-free' pictures isn't it ?? why do we still need software to correct the pic ?
    it's all about control... dslrs are higher end, more expensive cameras than the usual point and shoot. i guess the idea is that for someone who is willing to spend that much on a camera, they also want to have the maximum control of their images.

the chips in dslrs are not as powerful as a computer running photoshop, with a human brain behind it. if you think about it that way, the camera that gives you the most control is one that does the least processing.

also, what people like to see in a picture is subjective. different people want their pictures to have a different "look", so a one size fit all approach to in-camera processing will never please everyone.

that said, we have to balance that with the fact post-processing does take up time, and not everyone can do it better than the camera can. the ideal compromise is to have a camera that produces reasonable sharpness, colour and contrast straight out of the box for the average user, but have many many tweakable settings that will satisfy more demanding users.
    Black lens, white Lens, can take picture is a Good lens

enyu, as much as you enjoy taking pictures, i hope you'll learn to enjoy post processing your pictures as well. 'apparently' depending on individuals it might not be a necessary thing to do. but i would say that those who reject post processing as being part of the process in photography are rejecting possibilities, possibilities to produce better works, and possibilities to create beyond the limitations of physical equipment.
    Totally agree with eikin. There'll always be two schools of thought concerning post-processing.

Explore the possibilities and then you'll be in a better position to decide for yourself.

what fish are you talking about? custom curve is a form of post processing. the camera post process the image after the image is taken inside the camera when you use a custom curve. and you try to sound so smart
    hello. he said he's using 1D. a mis read?
    and he too got the results he wanted.
    Last edited by erik; 15th June 2006 at 10:08 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by erik
    hello. he said he's using 1D. a mis read?
    and he too got the results he wanted.
    Quote Originally Posted by user111
    what is wrong with that idea? THAT shoud be the correct idea. please do no use the old school "the man behind the camera bla bla" concept to dismiss the thread starter's idea.
    in the past when i was using my 1D, i tweaked some settings and loaded a custom curve. and truly enough, i really enjoyed 99% correction free pictures straight out from the camera itself

and there is no need to be so sarcastic as to post the roll-eyes icon to dismiss the threadstarter's ideas.
    i was referring to the custom curve part, pardon me but i haven't handle a 1D enough to know what it really is, so where's the misread?

i was referring to the custom curve part, pardon me but i haven't handle a 1D enough to know what it really is, so where's the misread?
    i guess its because you have not handled a 1D enough.
    no mis read then.

-

the post processing is done inside the camera after the picture is taken.
    well, he does it before his shots are taken, and he's happy with the results, what's wrong?

i guess its because you have not handled a 1D enough.
    no mis read then.

-

well, he does it before his shots are taken, and he's happy with the results, what's wrong?
    i've explained it before, custom curve is a form of post processing, the process is incorporated inside the camera AFTER the picture is taken. this ONLY saves the user time because he/she doesn't need to put that curve on every picture using a software on a PC.

if there's a problem, it's not on my side, look who's starting to make trouble?

i've explained it before, custom curve is a form of post processing, the process is incorporated inside the camera AFTER the picture is taken. this ONLY saves the user time because he/she doesn't need to put that curve on every picture using a software on a PC.

if there's a problem, it's not on my side, look who's starting to make trouble?
    what trouble?
    i already quoted that. why you repeat and repeat? ok, custom curve is a form of post processing..?

uh huh?

won't that form of 'post processing' help in the thread starter's question? what's so rude about it?
    Last edited by erik; 15th June 2006 at 10:38 PM.

what trouble?
    i already quoted that. why you repeat and repeat? ok, custom curve is a form of post processing..?

uh huh?

won't that form of 'post processing' help in the thread starter's question? what's so rude about it?
    huh? what are you talking about? the only poster who is rude here is user111. you are not reading the thread in entirety, which might be a good thing since so much time has been wasted trying to deal with rude behaviour.

huh? what are you talking about? the only poster who is rude here is user111. you are not reading the thread in entirety, which might be a good thing since so much time has been wasted trying to deal with rude behaviour.

hmm? i am not reading?

dear mpenza,

i find user111's posts most unnecessarily rude and ignorant. please take note, thank you.

hmm? i am not reading?
    yes.

oh well, i shall not entertain such unproductive questions anymore.

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast