Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Lens for wedding photography

Default Re: Lens for wedding photography

Quote Originally Posted by Aphotographer
    thanks for the advice... not charging at all.. since will be @ the function may as well use the chance to practise & shoot.. only if there r nice shoots then maybe give the couple as present
    have fun if it matters to you, i've used the Ef-S18-55 to cover 2 weddings as the main photographer (and the couples like what they saw) and the Sigma 70-300 to cover many fashion runway shows/events.

Quote Originally Posted by synapseman
    No problems, yo. All the pros and experts give very good advice here. I'm a small-time enthusiast (check my sig file ) with shallow pockets, so I thought I'd give you some insights from my POV, too.

Then again, sometimes planning ahead and making informed choices is also important when selecting gear. Trial-and-error can get very tedious and expensive when it comes to photography! Do you have an external flashgun? IMHO, if you're gonna take a fair amount of indoor shots, that is the one accessory you can't afford to stinge on. But of course, if this is a once-off event, you may consider borrowing one instead.
    Agreed.. as it was last min thingy to do the shoot, I had to rent a flash, using 580EX cos I do not know which model of flash to get to be best compatible with my 300D & yet easy on my pocket.. I too like you, am an enthusiast, not an expert, and with a shallow pocket sorry for the quote..

Quote Originally Posted by mpenza
    have fun if it matters to you, i've used the Ef-S18-55 to cover 2 weddings as the main photographer (and the couples like what they saw) and the Sigma 70-300 to cover many fashion runway shows/events.
    yup.. dun want stress.. just have fun, shoot & have some good photos hopefully... thanks for all the advices

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123